- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and Hannah try to stay together as Cindy starts unpacking, but Fate has other plans...

Nick and Hannah held onto each other as best they could as the bag they were hiding in was picked up and taken over to the bed. Everything was rumbling and shaking as they were taken for this ride. Hannah yelped the moment everything started moving. They'd both heard what Richard had said before he had walked off. He told Cindy to start unpacking and to get ready for a shower while he looked for the two of them. He had no idea that he was standing right next to them, only moments before. After all, how could he have known that they were only inches tall and hiding in a bag?

There was no way he could have known and no way the two of them could have known that they were about to be alone with Cindy again. They shivered as they heard the pounding of Richard's footsteps as he left the room, along with the footsteps of Cindy as she walked the bag over to the bed and prepared to unpack it. This was not going to be a pleasant day for them. They needed to get out and away from Cindy, once again. After having almost died from her, they didn't want her to be the one to find them. That was the last thing they wanted right now.

Cindy let out a yawn as she sat on the bed and unzipped the top of her bag. She sighed as she thought about what Richard had just told her. She really wished he had not come back in just now. She had wanted to keep looking for those little bugs, for whatever reason. Nonetheless, she didn't want him to know she was hunting little bugs. She started reaching into her bag, pulling out various clothes, intending to take a shower, just as Richard had suggested to her. Despite being so incompetent, sometimes, at least in her eyes, he did have good ideas on what she could do for herself.

As the bag had opened, the couple covered each others' ears. The zipper sounded like a chainsaw from high above them. Nothing around them changed at first, so they assumed that the lights were still out in the cabin. As small as they were, they would surely see some light pouring in, were the lights in the room on. Unfortunately, it didn't, so they had no idea what they were up against. They knew it was soft, but just about anything could be soft. They would have to wait until Cindy took some of the stuff out of this bag to find out for sure.

The two of them had lowered the grip they had on each other as they heard rustling from above them, sounding like cars and trucks piling down the road. Little by little, the articles of clothing were being removed from the bag. They still couldn't see any light, though, so they wondered if they were going to be able to find out where they were at all. What if Cindy didn't end up taking out whatever they were around? That actually wouldn't be a bad option, since that would avoid her finding them. For the moment, however, their eyes were scanning the area around them, waiting to make movements, would they need to.

Cindy was sitting by the bed, slowly taking out her clothing. At the top of her bag was a pair of panties, a bra, and a pile of shirts. She took them all out, one at a time, setting them on the bed as neatly as she could. She didn't say a word or make a sound as she unpacked her bag. She had no one to talk to, anyways, unless those little bugs were still around somewhere. Thanks to Richard's entrance to the house, however, they were probably long gone by now. As she went through more and more clothes, she got down to where her socks were and accidentally nudged against the bag as she got to that area.

As the bag got nudged, it felt like the world was shaking around Nick and Hannah. Light was finally shining down onto them, making them both realize that they were both laying around a giant pile of socks. The impact forced them away from one another. Hannah screamed as she fell backwards, away from Nick. He tried to run after her, but she fell off the main pile and plummeted straight down, into one of the open socks from down below. Nick screamed and looked over the edge as he saw his girlfriend screaming, reaching for him as the abyss of the sock with the purple stripes swallowed her up.

“Hannah! Hold on, I'm coming!” Nick was getting up, ready to jump down towards the sock to help get his girlfriend to safety when a giant wall of flesh flew down, past him. It nearly smacked him, tumbling him down in the opposite direction. After rolling and hitting the edge of the bag, he looked up and saw Cindy's hand pulling a pair of socks out of the bag. As he got a look at them, he noticed that they had purple stripes on them. Every nerve in his body activated all at once, realizing that Cindy had just kidnapped the socks that Hannah was stuck in. What if she put those socks on?! Poor Hannah would be crushed! He scrambled to his feet and made his way to the other side of the bag, trying to find a way to get out and help Hannah, before it was too late.

Cindy sat on the bed and looked at her two socks. She held them down by her feet, taking a look. “Hmm...do I really want to hide my gorgeous little tootsies in these socks today? I dunno, maybe.” As she tried to make a decision, she carelessly threw the socks onto the bed, next to her, and reached back into the bag, digging for more clothing.