- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Both Hannah and Nick struggle to get Hannah out of her plight, only to find another one forming...

Hannah was beyond afraid as she tumbled down into Cindy's sock. She screamed as she rolled against the soft fabric, feeling her body getting lost, further and further into that white abyss. She impacted the toe end of the sock as her body started shivering. She'd seen where she was going, from the moment the bag shifted and she fell. The entire place she was in made her being quake with fear. These socks belonged on Cindy's feet, the same feet that had almost killed both her and Nick. It was no question that this was one of the last places she wanted to be right now.

She could hear Nick off, in the distance, saying that he was coming for her. It was brief, and she held onto the hope until a dark shadow blocked the light that came from the opening of the sock. Her entire world tumbled around as Cindy picked the sock up and out of the bag. She screamed and held her hands to her face as everything was moving. She felt like she was on some roller coaster with how much she was traveling. She only prayed that, when it all stopped, she would be safe and sound.

Fate did not have that kind of situation in mind for Hannah, though. As soon as light came back into the sock, she saw ten huge toes, directly in front of it. Her entire body tensed up and she looked around, hoping there were holes somewhere, anywhere in the sock. “No...No, no! Cindy! Cindy, please don't! I'm down here! Your friend, Hannah!” She'd been lying about the 'friend' part. She really hated Cindy for marrying Richard, but she was desperate and wanted out of this situation. There was no way she wanted to become a human insole for Cindy.

She shook, but soon stopped as the sock moved again. She heard Cindy's voice, calling her toes 'gorgeous' and then everything was spinning, far worse than before. Cindy had carelessly tossed the sock onto the bed. It, and Hannah, landed with a thud. Hannah's body was slowly pushing itself up as she landed. She felt pain going through her back, and she finally saw that she'd landed just in front of the opening of the sock. She was saved! Or so she thought, anyways. She got up and ran her little self out of the sock and jumped out onto the comforter outside.

She took deep breaths, thankful that she had managed to get free of becoming Cindy's personal insole. Her respite didn't last long, though. She felt the bed moving from underneath her as Cindy moved about. Hannah rolled onto her back and gasped as she looked up at Cindy. She was right next to the woman's side and she looked even more enormous up-close like this. She was looking away, digging through her bag, but she towered over her, immensely. How in the world would she or Nick ever be able to get in contact with someone so huge? Cindy had already mistaken them both for bugs. What's to keep her from doing so again?

Hannah decided that, for the moment, she needed to get away from Cindy and back towards the bag, so she could find Nick. Cindy was definitely not the right choice for a person to get in contact with. They needed to regroup and get away from the looney giantess-sized figure that had wanted them both under her foot the moment before. The idea of those feet sent shivers down Hannah's spine as she started to push herself into a sitting position, hoping to use the side of Cindy's butt as leverage to get up and start moving away.

This idea was a bad choice, however. Hannah did manage to get herself pushed up, but as she did so, Cindy pulled a few more articles of clothing out of the bag. In the process of setting them on the bed, next to her socks, she'd nudged into Hannah, sending her rolling again, straight back into those purple-striped socks. She couldn't do anything but scream as she rolled back inside. She didn't go very far inside, though. She could still see the opening of the sock, a good 15 feet from her position.

While all of this was happening, Nick had been trying to find a place to get out of the bag from. The hole they'd come in through was still reachable, but was facing away from Cindy. There's no way he could get through there, around the bag, and to the socks before Cindy did something with them. She was too big, and too fast. He tried to move towards the other end of it, hoping for something to climb on. As he reached what appeared to be a gignatic shower poof, Cindy's hand came down and grabbed it.

Nick yelped as his body fell into the poof, twisting and turning as it fell. He felt everything moving, all while expecting to fall straight to the bag as the poof was picked up. He didn't, though. He opened his eyes and realized that the fabric of the poof had somehow gotten tangled around his arms and legs. He struggled against it, wanting out, but soon saw Hannah coming into view, off in the distance from where he now was.

The position she was in was the perfect place, as she watched what happened next. She saw the clothing set out near the socks, but she also saw what looked like a shower poof, hanging in the air, near the socks. As she looked closer, she gasped as she saw something tangled up in the poof. It was Nick! Nick had, somehow, gotten his body, caught in the poof that Cindy took out of the bag. The two of them saw each other, for a brief moment, until Nick's world was moving again. Cindy's voice could be heard from above. “Well, time to have a nice, long bath. Gotta get all that dirt out from between my little toes.”

Both of them looked at each other, in horror, of what was about to happen. The poof and clothing were picked up from the bed, but not the socks, as Cindy walked off, unawarely kidnapping Nick. Hannah jumped out of the sock and held her arm out, screaming. “NICK! NIIIIIIICK!”