- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and Hannah both feel for Richard as Cindy continues her actions towards him, making him do something that surprises both of them...

This scuffle was turning into a dramatic even, for all four of the people in the room. As scared as Hannah and Nick were at their current situation, being so small was giving them a big opportunity to witness a side to the marriage and relationship between their two friends that they likely would never have ever heard about, otherwise. They were witnesses to seeing the two of them argue over this silly thing of Richard getting his shirt wet and needing a replacement. To be correct, however, it was more along the lines of Cindy yelling at him, rather than them arguing with one another.

Nick was standing against the counter, hugging the massive wall on the counter, as if he were some character of a tactical espionage action video game. He crept and looked around the corner, seeing Cindy's huge feet, leading all the way up to her face as she yelled at him. Hannah may have been onto something when she hadn't trusted her, in years past. They hadn't seen very much of Cindy, time-wise, on this trip, but what they'd seen was enough to make them rethink their assessment of how good of a wife she was. Indeed, she was proving herself to be a very different person than they'd remembered.

As the two argued, Nick's ears were ringing from Cindy's booming, echoing voice. He was getting a headache from Cindy. It wasn't, exactly, what she was saying, or the level of power her voice now held that gave him as much of a headache as it was the content of her words. Just as his girlfriend didn't like what Cindy was saying, he didn't like what she was saying, either. She was being incredibly rude to Richard, just as she'd been in the bedroom, when Nick and Hannah were stuck inside her bag. Were Nick normal-sized, he would come out, right that very moment and give her a piece of his mind. Unfortunately, however, he was the size of a small doll and would likely end up under her foot were he to make his presence known to her.

Taking the smarter choice, he stayed put, hoping that Cindy would stop harassing Richard and just leave already. He had to put up with all of this, but he hated to see his friend being harassed like this. Richard was always such a nice guy. He deserved better than to be walked all over and have everything be put on him. Nick could see a saddened look come on Richard's face and it made his own face droop down a little. “Come on, Richard...” Nick said to himself. “You don't have to take this from her. Stand up for yourself. Tell her it's not your fault! Tell her that it's not that big of a deal. Tell her--”

Nick was about to start a rant of her own when he heard a small voice from up in the air. His eyes shifted to Richard's pants pocket and saw Hannah leaning out of the pocket, an expression on her face. He recognized that face. It was the same face she had right before their junior prom. Hannah wanted to go to the prom with Richard, but her parents forbid her from going with him. They never found out the reason why, but she had an extremely sour look on her face that night, like she wanted to kill them. Nick had agreed to come to her house and take her to the prom, and then they would join Richard later that night, so the three of them could go, together.

He would never forget the look on her face. It was the same face she now had towards Cindy. His and her feelings towards how Cindy was acting must have been mutual. Were Hannah her original height, he wouldn't have been surprised if she'd pounced on the woman and pushed her into the ground by now. However, that wasn't the case, and his thought pattern stopped as Cindy started to walk forward again, the ground shaking beneath him. Trying his hardest to stay on the wall, he watched as those gigantic feet and legs strolled past him and came up to Richard's equally massive frame.

Hannah retreated into the pocket as Cindy walked right up, in front of Richard and looked him in the eye. She had a piercing gaze and it easily intimidated Richard, whom still looked sad from what she'd just said to him. She stared at him for a good few seconds before she took her hand and slapped him across the face. Richard let out a grunt, followed by gasps from both Nick and Hannah, not believing how far Cindy was going with this situation, while also unaware of just how far the situation was going to end up going.

Richard's cheek began to redden from the blow and Cindy slowly took a step back, spreading her legs a little and planting her feet on the ground. “I'm sorry, honey...” Richard was looking at the ground, but Cindy just wouldn't let him. “Look at me, Richard!” She reached forward, grabbing his chin and forcing it up. Her gaze pierced him again as she stared into his eyes, ready to do something that would not only shock, but disgust the two small friends they had in the room with them. “Don't tell me you're sorry. I want you to prove that you're sorry.”

After a quick moment, she let go of Richard's face and pointed down towards the ground, where his eyes soon followed. Richard was starting to get nervous, not expecting this to happen so soon on their trip, and when Nick or Hannah could come into the room, at any minute, assuming they were around. He closed his eyes as his mind repeated everything Cindy was saying, word for word, knowing what was going on. “Get on your knees, Richard. On your knees, and kiss my feet for forgiveness.” Nick and Hannah both yelped as they heard what Cindy was asking of Richard, and even more so as they saw Richard begin to lower himself towards the ground...