- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hannah eventually makes a decision and they head over to Richard and Cindy, hoping to grab their attention...

Hannah was very conflicted with the decision she was having to make. Richard, someone she appreciated and cared about very much, was standing before them, down on the ground, forced to kiss his wife's feet because she was bullying him around. Not only that, but they were the same feet that had nearly killed both Nick and her earlier that day. All of this was in her head, along with the fact that Nick was suggesting they go near those feet, in order to get Richard to notice them. She wanted to get help as much as he did, but she didn't want to go near those feet.

If it were up to her, they would just leave and find another way to get his attention. Unfortunately, though, Nick was right on one point. His eyes were wide open and mere inches from the ground. If they would ever get a chance to get his attention without risk of injury and being stepped on, this was it. Cindy was looking away as well, so they wouldn't have to worry about her mistaking them for bugs before they could get Richard's attention and get him to realize who they were. The thoughts were piling and shuffling around in her head as she strained to make a decision.

She knew the right call, and she hated it. Odds are, that they would never get another chance like this to get their attention. They could either do it right now, or pray that another perfect situation would make itself apparent in the future. As much as she didn't like it, she knew that going over to those big, scary feet was their only option right now. Looking back towards Nick, she let out a soft nod. “You're right, Nick. I'm sorry...I'm just scared. But you're right. We have to go and get his attention now. As much as I don't want to go near those feet, I kn--”

Nick understood what Hannah felt. She was scared of those feet, incredibly scared. He was, too. Not only had he nearly gotten stepped on by them, twice, but he's gotten wedged onto one and had ridden it, all the way to the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around Hannah and pulled her towards him. He could feel her warm, tall body pushing against his as her arms wrapped around him as they shared an embrace. He let his lips travel up to her cheek, letting off a soft, quick kiss. “I'm scared, too, Hannah. It'll be okay, though. I'll be with you, every step of the way. No one's going to separate us from here on.”

“Nick...” whispered Hannah, as she received his affection and support. It was nice to have someone close to her that understood everything she was going through. Her cheeks blushed as she slowly turned her head, letting her lips kiss on Nick's cheek, just as he had done for her. The two pulled away and she nodded. “Let's go, together. Let's get Richard's attention and get him to stop this terrible thing Cindy's making him do.” Nick, nodded, agreeing and taking Hannah's hand, the two of them beginning to make their way across the floor, straight towards Richard and the two feet he was stuck, kissing on.

The distance between them and their destination wasn't terribly long. It had taken them about 3 minutes to run over to where those feet were. As they approached the area, they could smell the scent of soap, oozing out from Cindy's recently-washed body. The smell was almost overwhelming for them, Hannah started to cough as it infiltrated her system. Stopping, Nick held his hand to her chest, ensuring she was okay. The sounds of Richard's kissing was a lot louder as they got closer, now less than a foot away from the foot he was kissing. This would be a hard task, but not impossible to do.

Richard's kissing was taking a toll on him, as the two of them could clearly see. His lips were starting to harden and crack as he kissed on her. He had already done a lot of this earlier that day, which had done a number on his lips. Doing it again, already, was doing even worse for him. He stopped for a moment, to take a breath, staring down at Cindy's left foot, not believing that he was stuck, doing this, when they should have been looking for their friends. Cindy was ridiculous, even when there was something important going on. The fact that she would even prance around the cabin, nude, was shocking to him.

Nick and Hannah took this brief amount of silence and used it to their advantage. Seeing where he'd just kissed, they ran up, right between Cindy's feet and started jumping up and waving their arms around, trying to get his attention. He was looking at the foot near where they were, and they thought it was as good a time as any. They started screaming up at him. “RICHARD! RICHARD! RICHARD, WE'RE DOWN HERE! RICHARD!!!!” Their screams were loud, to them, and they did manage to grab Richard's attention, hearing some sort of talking in front of his face.

Richard's attention had changed when he heard what sounded like tiny voices below him, as if there were a pair of headphones on the ground that had been left on high volume or something. His eyes quickly shifted, looking at two...somethings, moving up and down, right between Cindy's feet. He stared at them for a second, trying to concentrate his vision on just what they were. He almost wanted to jump, thinking they were bugs, but they didn't look like any bugs he'd ever seen. Moving his head closer to them, he started looking closer. His eyes scanned them for a few seconds, before they widened, a look of shock coming across his face.

Meanwhile, Cindy, noticing that Richard had stopped kissing her feet, looked down to see what he was doing. She saw him staring at something at the ground, and not kissing her feet, as she'd asked. Frustration coming about her, she took a foot and kicked at Richard. Nick and Hannah yelped as the foot near them suddenly moved. As she kicked, she looked down, seeing what looked like the same two bugs that had bothered her before. “EW! Not you again!” Cindy raised her other foot above Nick and Hannah, bringing a look of shock, not only to their faces, but also to Richard's.

“Cindy! NO!” called out Richard, as he put his hands up and tried to save the two small people on the floor...