- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The three others are a little shocked as Cindy acts apologetic towards them...

The situation was not good, at all, or at least, Nick and Hannah didn't think it was. Cindy had been storming off earlier, upset at Richard for hurting her while he was taking care of them and trying to figure out what had happened to them. With how Cindy had been acting throughout this trip so far, they were expecting nothing less than her becoming spiteful towards all three of them, in some way. Instead, Nick and Hannah were holding onto one another with Cindy in front of them, acting like she were kind and that she wanted to help take care of them.

Everyone in the room was surprised by this action, especially Richard. He knew Cindy could be spiteful, and that she had temper problems, sometimes. Unfortunately, he'd fed those problems by letting her have her way all this time with controlling his life. Although he, himself, had been too afraid to stand up to her, he had made her this way. He had let her do all of this. It was, technically, his fault that she had the personality that she had now. Seeing her suddenly turning nice and helpful seemed a little...off.

Cindy knew that, deep down, she hated those two for what they'd made Richard do to her. In her mind, they were the reason she'd gotten shoved and gotten hurt. They were the reason she hadn't gotten her way, but some part of her mind was telling her that they were still Richard's friends, and they were needing some help. She looked down at them, bringing her face close to Richard's hands, trying to reach down to one of them with her fingers. She wanted to touch them, to see if they were real, if they really were Nick and Hannah.

 

This caused an immediate reaction in all of them. It was Nick whom the finger had come closest to. The two of them screamed and fell backwards, landing in the middle of Richard's palm and tightly holding onto one another. “NO!” screamed Hannah. “Don't you touch him!” Her scream was full of emotion, not only from remembering how the woman had nearly killed both of them earlier that day, but also how she had been treating Richard, their friend, for all these years. She knew that she was Richard's wife, but that didn't mean she had to like her, especially after everything she'd just witnessed in the kitchen.

Cindy's hand stopped and retracted as soon as she'd heard the fear-filled scream. The two of them were afraid of her, very afraid of her. She blinked and tried to look surprised, hiding the real reason she'd tried to poke them. Behind the fact she was putting up, she was curious about them, about their newfound height. Pulling her hand to her chest, she said. “I...I'm sorry...I said I was sorry. I didn't mean to do what I did to you, you two! I didn't know you were our friends. I didn't know...” Cindy then put her head towards the ground, acting as if she felt bad about nearly killing them. In all honesty, she did feel bad about nearly killing them.

Cindy did have a conscience, after all. She did regret the fact that she'd mistaken their friends for bugs and nearly squashed them under her foot. She didn't really like them right now, nor did she really ever like sharing Richard's attention with anyone, but she didn't want them dead. That was the last thing she wanted of others, and the last thing she wanted with Nick and Hannah right now. After seeing that they were, indeed, afraid of her, it got her to thinking and she started to realize just what kind of situation they had here. They were tiny, and she and Richard were not. Their lives were in the hands of her and her husband.

Richard pulled away from Cindy and looked at her, holding the two of them close to his chest. He was thinking about the scenario, and then down at Nick and Hannah, whom were still very frightened at seeing Cindy coming in. He let out a sigh and then spoke, to all three of them. “Cindy, they're afraid of you, after what you did. While you may not have known that it was them, the fact of the matter is that you nearly killed them, and that will leave a mental scar on both their minds. Hannah's reaction to you is not surprising, to be perfectly honest.”

Cindy's eyes widened as she heard Richard taking their side in this. It was like he was being pushed away, further and further. Cindy's mind wasn't working on logic right now, but on feelings. The feelings she felt from having her husband shoving her to the floor, running off to another room with his friends instead of with her, and for trying to 'protect' them from her. She had expected Richard to take her side in this. After all, they were just his friends, and she was his wife, the person he swore to always love and be there for.

She dropped to the floor, to her knees and looked down at the ground. “I'm...sorry. Nick, Hannah...please forgive me. I didn't know what I was doing! If I'd know it was you...I would have...I would have helped you!” She stared at the ground, and not at them, only to be surprised, once again. “Cindy, that's enough.” Her head jolted up as she heard Richard being assertive with her, once again. “For now, I think you shouldn't be interacting with the two of them. You can stay here, and talk with us, but leave all of the interaction and moving to me. They might forgive you, in time, but not this quickly. You have to show our friends that you're sorry, by being respectful to them.”

Cindy nodded towards her husband, getting up and looking down at the couple, whom were still gripping each other, tightly. “Sorry, guys. I'll be nice to you, I promise.” she said, hoping they would accept the answer. Hannah was still scowling at the woman, not wanting anything to do with her, but Nick looked up at her and nodded back towards Cindy, showing her that he was willing to give her a chance. “Okay, Cindy.” he said, nearly yelling. “You scared us to death, but we may need you with all of this.”

Cindy smiled and nodded back, saying a brief 'thank you'. The four of them then sat down, together, and tried to figure out what they were going to do, the day going on and inching towards the night...