- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The four of them find a place for Nick and Hannah to sleep and Cindy tries to find peace with Hannah...

The four of them spent nearly two hours trying to figure out what had happened and what they were going to do about their vacation, and about Nick and Hannah's unfortunate height problem. Richard, Cindy, or both of them would need to accommodate for Nick and Hannah's loss of height and figure out how they were going to keep on living like this. It would not be an easy thing to do, for any of them. Hannah and Nick would have to deal with the fact that, for the moment, they were the size of an index finger, and that they'd need to learn a lot of new things.

The major problem was the fact that they had no idea how to reverse whatever happened to them. Their best guess on the incident was that the strange storm that had come through, just before Richard and Cindy came by, had somehow brought this accident upon Nick and Hannah. A bolt of lightning had struck the home and shrunk them down to their new height. So, how does one reverse that sort of effect? Do they wait for another storm to come by and pray that it will restore them? For all they knew, if one did come by, it would just shrink Richard and Cindy, making the situation even worse.

So, for now, they would have to rely on the assumption that Nick and Hannah would be stuck like this for awhile, if not forever. Being this small, several things would have to be considered. Where the two of them would be able to sleep, what they'd be able to eat, how they would bathe, what Richard and Cindy would need to help them do, among other things. Being this small had to have been scary for Nick and Hannah, and it had been a miracle that they'd actually been able to get Cindy and Richard's attention before they had accidentally gotten killed.

One thing, for sure, was that they could not, for any reason, wander off on their own. The world was a huge place and, as Cindy had already shown them, it would be incredibly easy to get accidentally stepped on, sat on, or other undesirable things. Both Richard and Cindy were giants to them, and they had to rely on them for most everything. If they needed to go somewhere, they needed to get Richard or Cindy to take them there. Or rather, they would have to get Richard to take them there, since they still weren't sure they could really trust Cindy.

The first thing they discussed, however, was where they were going to sleep. They couldn't share a regular-sized bed, that's for certain. There's no way Richard or Cindy would be able to find them in the morning, were they to use a bed, and there were only two beds per bed room. Richard wanted the two of them someplace that would be easy to reach for both Richard or Cindy during the night, in case something happened and they were in need of help. Thankfully, there was a nightstand that was easily movable into a bedroom and, after some work from Cindy, they had two beds, a nightstand between both of them.

With this in place, any emergency during the night would easily become handleable. The two would always know just where the other two were, and they could call to one another, if they needed it. Richard had planned to use a pillow-case for the bed for Nick and Hannah. After it had been placed and folded up, he placed the two of them there, letting them snuggle up. They had moved to Richard's side of the nightstand, carefully watching Cindy, whom just smiled down at them, every few minutes. The situation was starting to be handled, and Cindy spoke to them. “I hope that you two can trust me, in time. I really am sorry for what happened.”

As they all got settled in for the night, Cindy was laying under her covers, her blouse having been taken off as she went to bed, and Nick had fallen asleep on the nightstand. Richard watched Hannah carefully and whispered to her, trying not to wake Nick, telling her he needed to go and take a shower. She watched as he walked off, closing the bathroom door behind him. She simply turned and stared over at Cindy, whom was laying on her side, watching her, having woken up to the sound of the door being shut. She smiled towards Hannah and whispered to her. “Whatever I've done to make you hate me so much, I hope you can forgive me, Hannah.” Hannah made a sigh and then shook her head, getting up and walking towards the edge of the nightstand, sitting down and watching the woman. “It's n-not that simple! It's not just...because of you almost killing us that is making me angry. It will take time for you to gain my forgiveness. After today, I'm not even sure I really know you.”

Cindy closed her eyes for a moment, thinking about what Hannah was saying. She was, without a doubt, talking about how she was treating Richard earlier. She had heard stories about Hannah being very affectionate towards Richard. She must have seen how she was treating him and felt angry towards her, because of it. She took a deep breath, the wind caused by it blowing Hannah's hair back. As she re-opened her eyes, she smiled and reached out, towards Hannah. Hannah's body flinched, but her finger only softly patted her on the head.

“Tell you what...how about you and I spend some time together tomorrow? I want you to forgive me, Hannah. We can have a girl-to-girl moment. I'm pretty sure Richard was planning on going hiking, so maybe he can take Nick out there, with him, and we can stay inside and have a nice, little chat. You can get out anything you want, okay?” Hannah wasn't sure how to respond to this. Cindy was acting so weird. She didn't have time to. She heard a soft moaning from behind him. “H-Hannah? What are you doing up?”

“Sorry, Nick. I'm coming!” said Hannah, trying to get Nick to go back to sleep. She looked back at Cindy, and stared at her for a moment. “I'll...think about it, Cindy.” “Thanks. Good Night, Hannah.” replied the huge Cindy, smiling and covering her face with the covers, hiding her clenching fist...