- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Richard watches the events unfold in the bedroom and heads off for a shower...

Richard had stopped when he went for a shower and hadn't really started right away. He had been standing inside the door, peeking through the crack in the doorway. He had been standing there, listening to everything that Hannah and Cindy had been talking about. He could barely hear what Hannah was saying, but he did let out a small grin. He was a little skeptical about how Cindy was acting, but hearing that she wanted to make peace with Hannah did make him a little happy. He wasn't sure what she had in mind, but he was hoping they would be able to.

He waited until Nick had moved around and Cindy and Hannah had both gone to sleep. He saw Hannah slowly getting down into her little 'bed' with Nick and Cindy covered herself up in her own sheets before completely shutting the door and going towards the shower. Locking the door behind him, he turned the shower on as he began to unbuckle his pants, getting undressed and ready for a shower. Thankfully, there was already a bath robe in the shower that he could throw on, instead of coming back into the bedroom, naked, in front of his friends. They'd likely be asleep, but it would still be embarrassing.

Stepping into the shower, he plugged up the drain so he'd be able to collect water. The cabin had a shower/bath combo, so they could take a shower, bath, or do both. Richard was planning on washing himself off and then resting in the tub for a little while. With the door locked and the rest of them asleep, they wouldn't realize that he was just resting in the tub. He needed to take a nice rest, too, with everything that had happened. There was a lot on his mind as he grabbed the shower poof Cindy had left in there, lathering it up with a bottle of Axe “Excite” body wash, the purple foam oozing out as he pulled it to his chest, lathering himself up.

As usual, Richard gets through the actual 'cleaning' part of his shower very quickly. A few minutes pass and he was spinning himself around, letting the water flow down his body, rinsing all of the purple soap off his body. He sighed as he thought about everything and let the heated water run down his hair, sending warm chills down through his body. Reaching down, he picks up a bottle of shampoo of the same “Excite” scent as the body wash he'd just used and lathered up his air and let the water flow that out as well.

As the water was slowly shut off, there was a cloud of steam roaming around the bathroom and Richard let his body down, laying down in the water. Although he had taken a relatively quick shower, it had allowed plenty of time for the tub to get filled up with water. Water slowly washed over his body as he came down. Resting his head against the back wall of the tub, there was water completely covering him, aside from the tops of his toes and his chest and arms halfway past his elbows. He let out a grin as the water sent a soothing feeling down his spine.

“So much has happened...” he whispered to himself. There was, indeed, a lot on Richard's mind at that moment. The day was finally coming to a close, but it's events were all weighing heavily on his mind, just as it was probably weighing on everyone else's minds as well. The stress and weight of the situation at hand was enough to stress anyone out. As cool as the water was getting at this point, a small stream of sweat started running down Richard's forehead. “What's going to happen from here on in?”

The question was plaguing his mind. What in the world were they going to do about Nick and Hannah's size? Were Richard and Cindy just supposed to assume that they weren't going to become their original height again? Would they have to take them home with them and take care of them, or was there someplace they could take them? Would a Doctor be able to figure out what was wrong with them and fix it, or would they just be tiny forever? Would anyone even believe their story? Would people try to take their friends away from them, were they to show them to others?

This was too much to think about, at the moment. Richard just shook his head and tried to get his mind off all the bad of this situation. “There's no use thinking about all of that right now. For now, I just have to make sure that I can take care of them. It's hard to believe that Cindy almost...killed them.” He stopped and thought about Cindy for a moment. She had changed a lot in the past few hours. It was almost scary how she'd gone from being controlling and bitter to all nice and apologetic. Was it because she'd thought about the situation and had taken Richard's words to heart?

It was very optimistic, but not likely. Richard slowly picked himself up from the bath, pulling the plug, water dripping from every inch of his body. He started to dry himself off, starting with his hair, as he spoke to himself again. “I just hope she can find peace with them. I can't afford to have her bitter, especially given their new size. She could do a lot of harm to either one of them, were she to ever wish it. I just need to keep myself strong. They need me to. Cindy's far too rough when she's in charge. They'd never survive being around her all the time.”

Slipping the robe on, Richard came back into the bedroom. The room was dark, with a bit of moonlight creeping in, through the window. He sat down on the bed and looked towards the nightstand, where he saw Hannah, awake again. She was sitting on the end of the nightstand, watching him. Lowering his hands to her, she jumped in it. She didn't say a word, but only pointed towards the doorway. He blinked, but slowly nodded. Getting up, he walked off, with her, towards the kitchen. Hannah sat there, wrapping her arms around one of his fingers, leaning against it, smiling up towards him. As they walked further, Richard was curious as to what Hannah needed...