- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Richard takes Hannah into the kitchen and finds out she has something important to discuss...

Hannah had never really gone to sleep. Cindy and Nick might have, but she was thinking about everything, just laying in the “bed” they'd been given. The situation was far from calming and they needed to find some way out of this mess, or at least, to deal with it. She was the size of a small doll, no bigger than Richard's index finger, and they would, without a doubt, have some difficulties in getting both her and Nick settled into their new life, whether temporary or permanent. Never had she imagined that she'd be spending her vacation, no bigger than the size her finger was earlier that morning.

Yet here she was, and there was more on her mind than just their situation of being shorter. The events of this day had taught her many things, especially about the relationship between Richard and Cindy. Hannah had been the one that had always second-guessed the truthfulness of whether Cindy was good enough for Richard or not. While it was very true that, at the beginning, she only felt this because she loved Richard, deep down, and wanting him for herself. Had the event back in high school worked out correctly, she imagined that she would be married to Richard, not Cindy.

Cindy had not only proven that she wasn't as nice as she made herself out to be, but she was very abusive towards Richard. If the way she acted tonight was anything like the way she acted towards him normally, he was in a bad relationship. Hannah couldn't believe at how Cindy had yelled at him earlier, but that paled in comparison to the fact that when he tried to explain something to her, she forced him to his knees and expected him to submit to her and kiss her feet for forgiveness of something that wasn't even his fault in the first place.

She'd wanted to speak with Richard about this, so she waited for Nick to fall asleep and she'd gotten back up. She knew Richard was still in the shower, the light from the bathroom still shining through the cracks of that doorway. It would only be a matter of time before he came out and she would be able to have a moment, between the two of them. As luck would have it, he came out a few minutes later, only to find her sitting on the edge of the nightstand, waiting for him. She hadn't said a word to him, but she didn't have to. He'd immediately let her climb into his hand and was carrying her towards the kitchen.

She was glad that the place he was taking her was the kitchen, of all places. It was, of course, the place where she'd first seen the worst side of Cindy's actions and attitude towards him. It was a suiting place for her to have this discussion with him, if he would let her. She had a lot to tell him, and wasn't planning on holding anything back, what with Cindy and Nick gone and asleep. She wouldn't have minded Nick being around, but she didn't wish for Cindy to hear a single word of what she wanted to talk to her now-giant friend about.

Richard was surprised to have seen Hannah awake, almost as if she were waiting for him. The way she looked at him told him that she wanted to talk to him about something, so he figured the kitchen would be the best place. Perhaps she had some ideas she wished to share with him about what had happened, or something of the sort? He had no idea, but it wasn't long before he'd found a long bar counter in the kitchen and sat himself down. His hands came down to the counter, which allowed Hannah to jump off and stand on her own.

After getting out of Richard's hand, she walked over to a small salt shaker and leaned against it, as support. She looked up to her big friend and smiled towards him. “Richard, thanks for bringing me out here. I have...some things I want to talk to you about.” Richard was watching her leaning against the salt shaker, trying to contemplate how she felt, at that moment. He was baffled by the size, and the idea of using something tiny, like a stalk shaker, as some sort of support. After a moment, he replied to her, assuming he knew what was going on. “Sure, Hannah. It's about your situation and being smaller, right?”

Hannah slowly shook her head, his assumption not what she wanted to talk about. “No, Richard. I don't want to talk to you about this bad situation with us. If I had, I would have woken Nick and Cindy up to talk more about that. What I want to talk to you is about, well...you. Something that concerns me. Something that has always concerned me, for years, but only came strong today.” Richard was a little confused as to what she meant. What was he doing that was causing so much concern? He hadn't done anything bad lately, he didn't think. “What do you mean, Hannah?” he asked.

“It's about Cindy.” said Hannah, calling up to her friend. “Why do you let her treat you like she does?! We were there, in the bedroom, when she was yelling at you for coming in to look for us. We were also there when she was in the kitchen and....ugh....Why would you ever let someone do that to you, Richard?! Back when we hung out all the time, you'd never blindly follow someone's orders like that!” Richard was now sighing, blowing Hannah's hair back with his breath. “I...well...it doesn't matter, Hannah! You guys helped me set things straight with her. Don't worry about it.”

“...but I DO worry about it! I worry about you, Richard! Your friends' lives being in danger should not be the only thing that forces you to speak your mind to your wife, of all people! What happened to you? What happened to the Richard that Nick and I like so much. What happened to the Richard I...I....” She was having a hard time pushing it out, but no one else was around. No one was around to hear it. “Hannah?” Richard asked, curious and concerned at her sudden nervousness. She walked forward to his hand, which was laying on the table. Laying herself on his finger, she hugged on it. “What happened to the Richard that I love?”