- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Cindy and Nick head into the bathroom to help Cindy get ready and inform Nick about the unfortunate thing she heard the night before...

Richard and Hannah were off in the kitchen somewhere, and both Cindy and Nick had just gotten up. Nick knew that Cindy knew something he didn't. The way Hannah had acted in her dreams last night was troublesome to him, to say the very least. He was getting some very strange thoughts in his head, and he wanted some answers. He, nervously, climbed into Cindy's hand and clenched onto one of her fingers, looking up at the gigantic woman. She was looking forward, her hair a little fuzzy from sleeping the night before, and had a warm heat about her.

The heat was moving into his body, and he almost started to calm down. Cindy had been nothing but a seemingly-unstoppable rage-monster the day before, but ever since they'd been discovered and Richard stood up to her, she's seemed...different. Nick wasn't quite sure if it was really her being different because of what Richard did or not, but how she held him last night, and the way she'd gotten him up and let him come into her hand this morning made him feel a little safer around her. He, of all people, went through a lot with her, but right now, she seemed so...gentle with him. He almost started to smile up towards her before they made it back to the bathroom.

Cindy slowly walked into the bathroom and came to the sink, taking a look at herself in the mirror. Her hair was fuzzy and was a complete mess from sleeping the night before. She shook her head for a moment before lowering her hand down to the sink, letting Nick off. “Come on, Nick. You can't hug my finger all day. They're waiting on us, so the sooner you get on the sink, the sooner I can wash up a little bit and we can talk about...last night.” She still wasn't sure what to make of him being so tiny, but she had more important things to worry about, like what happened last night, between Richard and Hannah.

Nick willingly let go of her finger and hopped onto the sink. He walked about halfway back on the marble surface and saw next to the top of the sink bowl, leaning back against a small cylinder that held a toothbrush. Looking up towards her, he could see Cindy's massive form reaching to the other side of the sink, lifting a hair brush at least twice his height into the air. He watched her, in amazement. His perspective was an incredible one. He could see such a huge object being lifted so effortlessly, by an impossibly-huge person. Had this scenario not been so dreadful, he would be very intrigued by the situation.

Cindy dragged the brush through her hair, wincing every couple seconds, finding tangles and trying to straighten it out. As the brush roughly went through her hair, she looked down at Nick, whom looked as if he were waiting for something. Then, she remembered that she was supposed to be talking about the stuff going through his head. Running her other hand up her hips and onto the sink, she slowly began to speak to him, beginning the conversation. “Last night, you couldn't hear what Richard and Hannah were saying to one another, I'm guessing. Well...you're probably glad you didn't hear it. I, honestly, wish I hadn't heard it.”

This made Nick stand up. What had they said to one another? What could have been so bad? He had a bad feeling that whatever had gone on that night had something to do with what Hannah had spoken about in her dream, talking about Richard being her love. He walked forward and sat down, next to Cindy's hand, putting his hand on one of her fingers, grazing over the hard, smooth nail of her finger. “I still want to hear it, Cindy. I...need to hear it.”

Cindy slightly moved her finger, feeling his tiny hands running along her fingernail. As she finished brushing her hair down, she lifted up a finger and then set it back down, tapping it against the sink. Nick had fidgeted to this. She thought this was very interesting. The amount of control she had over him was only beginning to show itself. She could make him nervous by simply tapping her fingernail on the sink. She was starting to get a lot of thoughts about what she'd be able to do later on, as things progressed further.

For now, though, she needed to talk to Nick. “Well, Nick...” she said, in the most apologetic-sounding voice she could muster. “It seems that your girlfriend has shown some...interest in Richard. Now, I know you've all been friends for who knows how long, but when we'd gone in there, before I had a moment and took us back to the bedroom, I heard Hannah talking to him. She talked about...loving him.” She stopped after this, looking down towards Nick, her pupils starting to quiver. She didn't want to tell him all this, though at the same time, she really did. Part of her wanted him to know to further her plans, and another part of her didn't want to break that to him.

Nick didn't say anything. His jaw just dropped and he felt a knot in his stomach. “W-What?! She loves Richard?!” he said, raising his voice. Cindy's finger quickly came up and covered his face for a moment. “Shh!” she said. “Keep it down. You don't want them to hear you, do you? They don't think we know about this! She kept her finger close to Nick during this time, knowing that he would be going through some very strange feelings very soon. She then let out a sigh, and looked at him again. “Sorry I had to tell you that. But...that's just what I heard. It's okay if you don't believe me.”

Nick was feeling a lot and had impulsively grabbed onto Cindy's finger, pushing his face against it. “No...I believe you.” he said, looking up to her. “After hearing something she said in a dream last night, and thinking about it...I do believe you, Cindy. I just...can't believe it, and of all times.” He started to stare off, keeping himself close to Cindy's finger, not even realizing what he was getting himself into. Cindy pulled her finger around and him into her palm. She softly pat him on the head with a free finger. “There, there...at least you know now. At least we...both know now.”

Nick looked up at Cindy with a confused, yet sad look on his face. “What are we going to do? I...don't want to lose Hannah, and I'm sure you don't want to lose Richard!” Cindy nodded as he spoke to her, and then continued to run her finger down Nick's back, rubbing his tiny body. “No, I don't. What we'll do is...we won't let them. I'm not sure how, but we won't let them. We have to do something about it.”

“Yeah, you're right!” said Nick, hearing Cindy's stern words flowing through his body. He believed that something had to be done. He loved Hannah and, while he wanted her to be happy, wasn't sure if he could take her leaving him, now of all times. He leaned into Cindy's finger as she moved from the sink, back to the bedroom. “Thank you for telling me this, Cindy, and thank you for being so...kind to me. Before now, I thought you were a mean person, after how you'd acted around us earlier, but...I'm glad you're here to tell me all this and be careful with me.”

“No problem, little guy. We've both got relationships in jeopardy. Besides, you're a little guy. Big Cindy's gotta take care of you and figure out how we're gonna fix all these messes that are coming up.” She smiled down to him, which made him smile back up. He rode with her and thought that Cindy might not have been nearly as bad as they thought she was...