- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Cindy and Nick join the others at the table, thinking about a lot of things at the same time...

Nick felt like he was having a change-of-heart towards Cindy. As they walked through the bedroom and into the hallway, he felt a certain amount of connection with her. She had been a scary, towering monstrosity the day before, when he was on the floor, trying to evade her enormous feet, but since they'd been discovered, she was a little different around him. She'd been treating him with care and had been making him feel rather safe around her. He still had a feeling in the back of his gut that told him to fear her and be careful around her, but the gentleness of how she had been acting was making that feeling less and less influential.

Perhaps he was feeling connected to her because of the one thing they had in common, at that point. As much as Nick hated to admit it, the signs of what Hannah had been doing the past couple days had lead him to believe that she was right in the fact that both their relationships may have been in trouble. After leaving the bathroom, Cindy had spoken to him about how Hannah had woken up that morning. Cindy had been the first to wake up, but one of the last to actually leave the bed. She saw Hannah jumping and rolling around on Richard's body, trying to wake him up. She'd willingly told Nick about this, trying to make the situation more and more apparent to him.

Nick wasn't sure what it was, but the fact of the matter was that he was starting to feel like Hannah really was slipping away from him. Confessing her feels to Richard, dreaming about him that night, waking up and jumping all over his body to wake him up, rather than waking Nick up and then the two of them waking up either Richard or Cindy for breakfast? All of the signs were making him feel strange. The wind blew past his hair as he sat on Cindy's palm, one hand around her index finger like a sailor riding atop the sail of a ship. A big, warm ship that could talk and walk around, without the aid of wheel and a said. As he rode, he thought about all of these things, pondering them, and hurting a little from them.

He and his 'ship' quickly made it to the kitchen. Although the cabin looked so massive to him, it was still just a normal cabin, and he had a normal-sized person carrying him there. As they came in, both Cindy and Nick stopped at the corner, looking in. Nick's grip on Cindy's finger got a little tighter as both of them got disgusted looks on their faces as they saw Richard and Hannah at the table, just like the night before. Only now, Hannah was leaning over, using Richard's arm like a couch. It had only lasted a moment or so, but it was still there. She looked like she was happy, a big grin on her face as she spoke, before she realized they were coming and got up.

Nick couldn't help but sigh at seeing the two of them. Cindy had told him a lot, and he'd thought a great deal that morning. He was starting to feel a lot of things, though Cindy was feeling a lot more than he was. Nick was just feeling thoughts such as jealousy and sadness. As Cindy was looking in on Richard and Hannah, seemingly having a fun time together, she got frustrated, very frustrated. It took everything she had to keep up her calm attitude, and not just flat-out scream at Richard, calling him on what he and Hannah were doing. She had an enormous amount of restraint in her system, and it was a good thing, too. Were she to lose it, right here, things would not end well.

She wanted to do so many things, both to Richard and Cindy. In the back of her mind, she wished that Richard had befallen the freak storm that had ended up shrinking Nick and Hannah. Then, she would have a toy-sized husband, and she would never have trouble with him again. She could put him down by her feet whenever she wanted, and he could let them be his world. He could let her be his world. She would never have to worry about his yelling at her or pushing her again. She sighed as she walked closer to the room, ensuring that she calmed herself, getting all of those situations out of her head. She couldn't afford to lose it. Not yet, anyways.

“Good morning, Richard, Hannah.” Walking closer, Cindy calmly sat herself down on a wooden chair, creaking and sliding it's four legs across the floor as she did so. Hannah and Nick had both covered their ears as they heard the thunder-esque noise coming from the floor until it had been moved enough that the woman sat her panty-clad butt down on it. She crossed her legs, dangling her left foot in the air as she lowered her hand down to the table, allowing Nick a quick exit. He'd held onto her finger as tight as he could on his way down until she say “Go on, Nick.” Making a quick gesture towards Hannah, he hugged tightly against the finger, rubbing his cheek against it before letting go and coming onto the white tablecloth.

Hannah had seen this action and wasn't exactly sure what he was doing. Hugging on Cindy's finger? What was that about? The woman had tried to kill them several times the day before. How could she have warmed up to him that quickly? Had they been doing other things while she was with Richard to help build up some trust in Nick? She wasn't exactly sure, but she started walking towards Nick when Richard spoke up, on the amount of time it had taken for Cindy and Nick to arrive in the kitchen. As he spoke, he got up and started walking back towards the stove to check on the food. “You took your time in getting here, didn't you?”

Cindy and Nick quickly looked at one another, and then back towards Hannah and Richard. “Oh, you know...” started Cindy, quickly thinking up something to tell them. “It takes me a little while to get myself up, and I had to be careful with Nick. I can't, very well, walk casually, knowing that my little friend could fall off and get hurt. You understand that, Honey. Right?” She smiled and Nick laughed a little, through his nose, as he realized that Cindy already had an excuse ready, to avoid telling them that she'd been talking to him about how Hannah and Richard might have been pushing away from the two of them.

Richard got back to the stove, taking the eggs off the pan and onto a small plate. “Y-yeah...sure.” He almost felt being pushed down again, as Cindy talked about walking slower to maintain Nick's safety. He hadn't really thought about slowing down his walking pace for Hannah. He'd just walked like he normally would. It was almost sounding like Cindy was the more careful of the two, and it was embarrassing him. “Anyways, breakfast is ready. I hope you three like eggs and yogurt, because I figure that's all we can really make that the two of them can eat properly.”

Cindy smiled towards Richard, realizing that she was taking some slight control back into the situation as she watched him walk back to the table, plate in hand...