- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and Hannah share a moment at breakfast, until she starts moving away...

The breakfast had gone quickly for some of them, but for others, it was long. For Cindy, it went by quite quickly. She was happy, and glad that Nick had done what he did. He was doing what anyone would do if they felt that the love of their life was slipping away from them. He pushed himself forward and was showing Hannah his affection, right off the bat. Very little can show a lover that you love them more than an affectionate kiss on the lips, and the compliments that he'd given Hannah. Cindy quickly finished her meal, thinking on how Hannah would be confused throughout the morning.

Nick stayed by Hannah as he ate, letting his body touch hers. What Cindy had told her had made him proactive in making sure Hannah knew he greatly enjoyed her presence. He knew that she was getting attached to Richard, so he had to make sure she knew that he wanted her around, and that he loved her. He'd already taken a step in the right direction, according to what was going through his head. To avoid losing her, he would come out and show her everything that was inside him. Everything that he loved about her. Anything less would not be good enough.

As soon as they'd all finished, Hannah was still incredibly confused. Nick had never been this forward with her before. As soon as he had finished up his food, his arm went around her shoulders and he leaned against her, taking a rest. He was just sitting there, his body leaning against hers, and he had a smile on his face. Although she enjoyed the feeling of someone on her, she didn't understand it. She impulsively leaned her head to the side, against his, which let him know that there was still something in her that was for him. She wasn't sure what else to do. She wanted to go near Richard, but for the moment, it was almost as if Nick needed her.

In reality, he did need her. At least, he thought he did. His mind had been shifted, thanks to recent events, and almost all that was on his mind was emotion and the thought of losing her. There were nervous feelings all around his gut, and he felt like he needed her company, that he wouldn't be okay if someone weren't around to keep him company. He could, of course, have Cindy's company, and hug on her finger, as he'd done earlier, but Cindy wasn't his girlfriend. Hannah was and, until the others were ready to get up from the table, he wanted to be by the person he still might have a chance of being with.

“Such a cute pair of lovers, still affectionate, even after having this happen to them.” said Cindy, a big smile on her face. She had noticed the perfect opportunity to start planting seeds of her own. Telling Nick about what Hannah had said the night before was starting a chain of events that was seemingly perfect for her. Her goal was to get things back to the way they were, and to keep Hannah's love away from her husband, and what better way to do so than to have the two little friends enjoying one another's company and her mentioning them being lovers?

It was, indeed, perfect. Her loud voice swept through the room, making both Hannah and Nick look up at her and get red in the face. This especially affected both Hannah and Richard. As they became aware of the situation, Hannah slowly moved away from Nick and looked up at Richard, still blushing. Richard looked down at her, their gazes meeting. Nick was watching them looking at one another. It was almost like they'd been transfixed for that split-second, and he could see attraction growing in their eyes. Richard looked down and smiled, as did Hannah to him. As the movement continued, she moved herself towards Richard, and tried to call to all of them. “W-What?! We have...more important things to do right now! Like...getting settled in and...other stuff!”

Nick could see Richard's hands opening up to collect Hannah as she walked towards him, and he looked back towards Cindy, a look of discontent in his eyes. Cindy looked down at him and slowly shook her head as it happened. Hannah was willing to let Nick lay against her and be loving towards her, but she was still moving towards Richard. This was going to take a lot more than the two of them realized. Richard collected her in his hand, and then began to get up from the table, Hannah hanging onto one of his fingers as the two of them looked towards the other two.

“We need to get them settled in. We've found bedding and food for them, but what can they do during the day? What can they do, with us? I think we should each spend time with one of them and then meet back in the kitchen. How about I take Hannah and Cindy can take Nick, since she's already used to riding with her. Sound good?” Both Cindy and Nick looked at one another as they saw Richard holding Hannah to his chest and walked off. Nick looked up at Cindy and pointed towards them. “Say something!” he whispered to her.

“Richard!” barked Cindy. “We haven't even discussed this! What if I want to take Hannah with me?! What if Nick wants to go with you?!” Richard didn't even bother stopping for her. He just kept walking, back to the bedroom and softly responded to her. “Hannah's coming with me. You can spend time with her tomorrow or something. This is still a vacation, you know. I want to spend time with my little lady friend that I haven't seen in a long time. You understand, right? Good.” Both of the others dropped their jaws at his statement.

Nick was collected into Cindy's hand as she walked behind the kitchen, finding some sort of living room as Richard went off and locked the bedroom door behind him. Cindy came onto a couch and laid herself down, her legs angled and the T-shirt having been pulled up, just past her bellybutton. She let out a deep sigh as Nick looked towards her, her hand right in front of her chest. He held tight as he saw the enormous mounds beneath him that he'd surely get lose in, were he to fall down in there. “Nick...we're in trouble. But, first...I want you to do something for me. Can you do that?” Nick raised an eyebrow as he heard this from Cindy. He wasn't sure what she wanted, not seeing her wiggling and moving feet from the other edge of the couch...