- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hannah continues to avoid Richard's concerns for changes, only wanting to be near him right now...

Hannah was being very clingy towards Richard, and he wasn't quite ready for that. How sad was it that Richard was having little bouts of nervousness from a person that was no bigger than his index finger? Still, Hannah was reacting to this in a way that Nick was not. After having Richard near her, alone, and so big, her feelings for him only heightened. Not only with that, but also the fact that he seemed to be having problems with Cindy. She was just as bad, in Hannah's mind, as she had thought she was, it seemed. She was abusing Richard the day before, making him do all of that weird stuff with her feet and yelling at him for not fixing the car door.

She felt for him, in more ways than one. Part of her wanted to fix his marriage, but another part did not. She wanted to help him get out of this abusive relationship with Cindy and, on some level, she wanted to be a part of that separation. Not only did he want him away from Cindy, but she wanted to be with him. The feelings she'd harbored since the incident with him and Nick getting confused about a date were finally coming back out. She had forced herself to repress them when she was with Nick, because of the obvious problems he would have with that. Now, however, Nick was in another room. She could be herself with Richard.

The fact of the matter right now was that Richard had just asked her about doing things on her own. He imagined that Hannah wouldn't want him doing absolutely everything for her, all the time. Everyone needs a little bit of alone time and independence for themselves, some more than others. His mind had been on what he could do to make the cabin so that she and Nick could do things on their own, without having to constantly require the attention and care of himself and Cindy. He had a lot of ideas in mind, but for right now, he wanted to know if that's what Hannah wanted.

Hannah wasn't so sure that's what she wanted. At least, not at the moment. As she hugged against his finger, she didn't really want to answer that question. In the back of her mind, she knew he was right. She knew that, at some point, she wouldn't want to be babied all the time. For right now, though, that's all she wanted to do, and all that her brain was going to let her think about strong enough to let it come out and speak. She sent her gaze up towards his massive frame and just smiled towards him. “Well, maybe sometime, but I really like being around you, Richard. You know I don't require that much care. I want to just stay here, with you!”

“I know, Hannah. I know...” said Richard, half-sighing as he spoke. She had basically just repeated what she said a moment ago. He was trying to talk to her in a serious sense, getting her to realize that she wouldn't want to just depend on them forever, for everything. She didn't seem to care, though. It was almost as if all she cared about right now was being near him and being taken care of. “It's just...I can't be around you 24/7, Hannah, nor can Cindy. We're on a Vacation here, sure, but we can't be around you when you do other things. I mean...would you want me in the bathroom with you, while you're trying to bathe?”

This got a very interesting reaction out of Hannah. The thought of her, taking a bath, with Richard nearby, made her cheeks start to blush. She loved the idea of big Richard helping little Hannah take a bath. In fact, she was already loving the idea so much, that she immediately shook her head, up and down, getting a smile on her face as she looked up to him. “I...wouldn't mind that, Richard! It wouldn't be a problem for me if you were in there, helping me take a bath! There's nothing that I would want you gone for. Bathing, eating, whatever! I don't care. You're my friend, and I trust you, a lot.”

Richard wasn't sure how to tackle this situation. He knew that she wanted to be near him, but she couldn't just do that all the time. Every single time he threw out a situation where he felt like it would be inappropriate for him to be near her, or Cindy, for that matter, she just threw out her own mark of approval. It was like there was nothing that could possibly happen that she wouldn't want him near her for. He started to wonder if she'd even want her near her when she was trying to go to the bathroom. He pondered it, but figured it would be a lot safer to just not worry about asking about that. He wished to save himself the weird feelings of her being okay with that.

He moved himself onto the bed, into a laying position, except for his back, which was laying against the back of the bed. He held his hand in front of him and sighed, giving up on this argument. Taking a look at her, he tried to grin. “Alright, Hannah, you win. However, what are we going to do now? You and Nick are tiny, and we don't know how to make you big again. What will happen after our vacation is over? What can we do to help you?” His mind was still serious, thinking about the future of this situation. Were Richard and Cindy just supposed to take them home with them, or was there someplace where they could find help? “Maybe we could call a hospital when we get back and get their help. Maybe they can--”

“Richard?” asked Hannah, relatively loudly. Richard could hear her voice. It was soft and small, but he could tell she had a loud tone to it. He looked down at her, realizing that she was still resting against his fingers, and her eyes were shut, resting against it. “Yes, Hannah?” His voice calmed down as well. She looked up to him for a second and then closed her eyes again. “Could you shut up and just let me rest? We can figure out all of that important stuff later. We're on vacation right now. We should be enjoying ourselves, despite the current situation. Let the important stuff wait until later, alright? Just rest here, with me. Let me rest, with you.”

Richard blinked at what Hannah had done and what she was saying. His cheeks blushed a little as she moved her head and kissed the end of his finger. “H-Hannah?” She didn't say a word. She just let off another soft kiss and smiled, as if his finger were now some big, snuggly-friendly pillow. He couldn't hear it, but she whispered to herself as she did this. “I love you.” Abiding by what Hannah wanted, he stayed there, and rested for awhile, with her...