- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Cindy heads back to the living room and thinks about how Nick seems to appreciate her, yet the other two do not...

Cindy shut the bedroom door behind her and wiped a drop of sweat from her forehead. She had no expected all of that to happen. She began to walk towards the living room again and let out a long sigh of relief. She had gotten caught, red-handed, back there. Had she not thought up that hiking excuse quickly, who knows what would have happened with her. Had Richard found out the real reason she'd been back there, to snatch Hannah away from her and teach the tiny girl a hard lesson about stealing someone's husband away from her, he'd probably never be trusted by any of them again.

The bright side of things, though, is that she had saved herself. Now, they just think she'd come in there to wake them up, and take them all on a nice hike through the surrounding woods. They were on vacation, after all, and the surrounding nature was beautiful. It made sense that they would take a hike, other than Hannah and Nick's 'little' problem, anyways. They'd have to be carried throughout that trip. There's no way they could be trusted on the ground. They'd be too slow to keep up, not to mention all of the animals they could fall prey to, now that they were so small.

She pondered this as she went into the kitchen, starting to open drawers. She had remembered Richard's one request of her from a moment ago. She didn't like receiving orders from others, but to keep his trust, for the moment, she was going to fulfill those requests. He had asked for some string, or thread, from the kitchen. As she was shuffling through the drawers, looking for it, she pondered if it had anything to do with Nick and Hannah. Could he want the string to be there for them, or maybe he wanted to leave little 'flags' on the path to make sure they couldn't get lost.

No matter what he wanted it for, it only took Cindy a couple minutes of digging to find a small ball of yarn. It wasn't exactly like string or thread, but it would have to do. She didn't see anything else like what he'd asked for in these drawers. So, he'd either have to be okay with that, or he'd be looking for something else, himself. She closed the drawers, the ball of yarn in one hand. Unfortunately, she still wasn't fully dressed. All she had on was a pair of panties, a bra, and a T-shirt. She had no pockets to speak of, so she'd have to carry the yarn in her hand to go get Nick. Letting out another sigh, she began to move towards the living room, where she had left him.

Her feet met the ground softly, knowing that he might have still been asleep. Although she was going to have to wait for him to get up, anyways, she didn't want to wake him up on her way there. Richard and Hannah had clearly pointed out that she left him by himself. If he slept the entire time she was gone, it would be proof that she hadn't left him in any sort of danger or in need of any help. It would make her position in what had just happened a little bit better, from the outside, and possibly push further suspicion away from her having ill intentions.

As she made her way back to the living room, she sat herself down on the couch and looked at the pillow, where she'd left Nick. Just as she had hoped, he was still curled up on it, sleeping like a baby. Apparently, her big, giant footsteps weren't enough to wake him from his nap. She smiled, thankful that this had worked out well, despite her full intentions against Hannah not having been fulfilled. Aside from all the mean intentions she held deep inside, she did feel a little bit of friendship and affection from being with Nick. She felt...something, at least.

Cindy wasn't sure just what it was. It might have been some sort of attraction to him, because of how he'd responded to how well she was treating him, at this point. It might also be tied to how passionately he 'helped' her earlier with the foot rub. She didn't know of the true reason and, frankly, she didn't care about the reason. The only thing that was important to her was that Nick stayed being the one person who didn't seem to be completely against her on this trip. She had tried to be nothing but nice to everyone since the previous day's events, and Nick seemed to be the only one who appreciated it. Not even Richard gave her thanks or a kiss or anything like that, and he was her husband, for crying out loud.

That was one thing that bothered Cindy with this. Among all people during this venture, Richard still didn't seem to show Cindy any respect. Their tiny friend, Nick, was the only person that still seemed to like Cindy anymore. Hannah didn't want to be around her, nor did Richard. She would admit that it was bad that she almost killed both their friends, but that was in the past. She didn't know it was them. It was purely an accident. Nick was the only one who seemed to be able to look past that and show her any respect at all.

That was probably the main reason she felt so much affection from him. He was the only one around who seemed to appreciate her, at all. She pulled the pillow he slept in and set it in her lap, smiling down at Nick. She took a finger and gently felt across his back. “You're the only one who seems to care about me now” she whispered to him, trying to forget about how Richard and Hannah had been acting, dropping the ball of yarn onto the couch cushion. “Well, it doesn't matter. Even if those two never trust me, I'll take very good care of you, Nick. You're my little buddy.”

“Thank you, Cindy” responded Nick, slowly waking up to hearing her voice. Cindy blinked as he pulled himself up and put his hand against her finger. “Y-You're awake, Nick?!” He slowly nodded, letting out a long yawn. “Y-Yeah...I guess I am. Did you have a nice nap, Cindy?” Cindy smiled at the attention Nick gave her, which was a whole lot better than nothing. “Sure, Nick. You wanna go out and take a hike with everyone later? We thought about that as a little fun activity for today.” Nick looked back up to her, eyes darting from side to side, thinking about that. After a moment, he nodded, agreeing to doing that activity. Taking a hike at this new height would certainly be interesting for him, as it would for Cindy...