- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and Hannah slowly arrive at the cabin, ready for a quick nap before the fun begins...

The drive had been long and short for Nick and Hannah.  As they entered the forest that held the cabin where they’d be staying, Nick took his hand off Hannah’s hands and returned them to the steering wheel.  He had looked ahead, and saw that the roads were about to get a little windy.  Better to sacrifice his acceptance of his girl’s body heat to make sure they both made it to the cabin safely.  She wasn’t in a terribly safe position as she slept, anyways, so careful driving was a must in this situation.

There was a quiet beeping noise from the middle console, right in front of the shifter, as the trees began to surround the car.  Nick peered down for a moment and saw his phone blinking.  It brought up a screen that read “Searching for Service”.  Smiling, he reached down and tossed the phone into the back seat of the car.  They’d known that the cabin they were at offered little, if any contact with the outside world.  There would be no Internet access, no cell phone service, and no regular phones.  It would be the four of them and nature, just what they needed to leave their stress behind for awhile.

The road was slowly turning from asphalt to gravel as the car drove further down the path, getting deeper into the forest.  Nick looked around at all of the different trees, as well as all of the birds that were flying around as he drove through the forest, slowly making his way towards where the cabin would be.  He was starting to feel a little warm as he could see the wooden cabin coming into view in the distance.  The trip had been long, but he was happy about finally arriving. 

Nick hadn’t said a word to anyone, but there was a lot he, personally, wanted out of this trip.  Since they’d be together with Richard and Cindy, he was going to plan a special occasion for Hannah.  He wasn’t exactly sure how everything would be playing out, but he was ready to do something for her.  As they got settled into the cabin and were spending some time together, he was going to have Richard and Cindy go off and he was going to do something he’s been skeptical of doing.  He was going to ask Hannah to marry him.

As the car slowly rolled to a stop, he looked up towards the cabin, itself, and thought it was absolutely gorgeous.  From the wooden, maple porch and deck to the pristine couch-swing that hung from the porch, next to the front door, it looked quite amazing.  This cabin was the perfect example of a beautiful home, out in the middle of nowhere.  It was out of the way, away from technology and the rest of the world, and he was going to have a lot of fun this weekend.  They all were.  He quickly shut the engine off and pocketed his keys, looking over to see how Hannah was doing.

The woman was doing fine, though she was still out like a light.  As Nick’s head turned towards her, her head turned towards him.  The soft, smooth skin shone as the sun crept out of the clouds for a moment, providing Nick a glimpse of his goddess, shining in the light.  He almost started to blush as he took in the amazing sight.  He was such a lucky man to have someone so tall and beautiful.  The way she towered over him when they walked together, the way her body shone in the light.  He was lucky to have her.

He shook his head, trying to get over his moment of weakness from looking at her.  Taking a look at the cabin, he noticed that the door was already cracked open.  He sat in the car for a moment, thinking about what he should do.  He thought about waking Hannah up and having her help him carry their luggage in.  However, he started thinking and turned back on that idea.  He blinked a moment and then turned to the side, quietly opening the car door.  “I’ll let her sleep, just a moment longer” he whispered to himself. 

It took Nick a good few moments to do so, but he crept around to the back of the car and opened up the trunk.  As he pulled their two bags out, he poked his head around the trunk, making sure Hannah hadn’t woken up from the noise he was making.  As he poked the rest of him around, he stopped by the window she was on and smiled, knowing full well that she was still completely out of it.  He should have known better.  That girl could sleep through an earthquake.  Of course she’d sleep through a few car doors opening up.

After looking around to see if there was anyone else around, Nick quickly ran the bags up to the porch of the cabin.  As he got closer, it only became more beautiful.  Every bit of wood was absolutely flawless, and he imagined the inside looked just as perfect.  It was only one floor, but from what he’d heard, had a lot to offer.  It had two bedrooms, each with a set of bathrooms, a decently-sized living room, a kitchen/dining room combination, and more.  As he set the bags down, he was tempted to take a quick peek inside.  However, he knew he had to get back to the car to get Hannah.

As he got back to the car, he slowly opened the door and got on his knees in front of Hannah.  As he did so, his head became level with the sleeping girl’s head.  His hand crept up and started brushing along her head and hair.  With a few quick nudges, her eyelids slightly opened and she looked up towards him.  He let out a huge grin as he saw her eyes meeting his.  He calmly asked her if she was ready to go inside, to which he got an expected response.  “I’m…still a little tired, Nick.  Can you carry me in?  Pleeeeaaasse?”

Nick almost wanted to laugh at this statement.  He, however, didn’t mind that she wanted him to carry that tall, warm body of hers into the house.  All he did was widen his smile and nod towards her.  “Of course, honey.  I’ll have you in another bed in no time at all.”  Nick had a soft spot for touching her.  Every chance he had of being allowed to touch or carry that woman was like a dream come true.  His entire body chilled as his arms went under her back and legs, slowly lifting that cute woman from the car, his arms the only thing keeping her from tumbling to the ground.

He turned and quickly ran into the cabin, unaware of the dark, stormy clouds that were slowly creeping over the hills beyond…

 

Chapter End Notes:

As Nick carries his girl into the cabin, what wonders awaits them, and what of the storm clouds slowly creeping over the horizon?