- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hannah has some mixed feelings about Cindy while Cindy ties Nick up with the thread...

Cindy and Nick's display of affection was sent out, through the room. It was clear that they'd been able to bond, but they were showing each other such a dramatic amount of affection to try to get a reaction out of the two others in the room. They were both hurting, on some level, from Hannah and Richard's little episodes of staying close to one another, not to mention what Hannah had said to Richard the night before. Though Cindy was able to deal with it a little better, on the outside, Nick wasn't. He was starting to gain affection for Cindy, but that didn't make the pain he felt go away. That's why he was still being so affectionate, trying to make Hannah jealous of them.

Richard and Hannah both looked at them, thinking their behavior odd. Richard just raised his eyebrow at that scene they were making. His eyes weren't focused on emotions and feelings. He was just worried about life for his two, tiny friends. His mind was so set on being serious about all of this, that he was neglecting both Cindy's feelings of being hurt and some of the feelings Hannah had been throwing at him, this entire time. She was staying so close to him because she loved him, and he wasn't returning that affection, other than just keeping her with him. He was almost oblivious to it.

Hannah, on the other hand, wasn't oblivious to it. She'd seen Nick's display of affection at the breakfast table, and she'd gone with Richard for a reason. She still had feelings from the long amount of time she'd been with Nick. Having him being so affectionate with her had sparked something. She felt affection for him, at that moment, but didn't want to. She had set her sights on Richard, seeing this opportunity to come forward about her feelings. She didn't want to hurt Nick, but she also had a lot of focus on herself. She wanted to be happy, and she didn't think she could ever be completely happy unless she was with Richard, or at least told him and didn't receive his love in return.

The situation was starting to affect her again. Her eyes were stuck on Nick's body. She watched him hugging on Cindy, and the expression in his face just got to her. He was smiling. She knew the smile, too. It was the same smile he always gave to her when she did something that he loved, when he was able to do something fun with her. It was pointed towards Cindy now, and she wasn't sure how she felt about that. She definitely wanted to be with Richard, but a tiny, little knot formed in her stomach, the wave of jealousy coming into her. It only lasted for a moment and it was flushed away as she turned the other direction, but it was still there.

Her eyes were held shut as she thought about it. Deep down, she was a little bit jealous that the smile he gave wasn't pointed at her anymore. Why was he pointing it at Cindy of all people? Hannah remembered, all too well, the horror that they'd both felt when Cindy tried to kill them. The view of her titanic foot coming down, ready to smash them out of existence. The toes that were as big as they were, ready to squeeze into their bodies, feeling every last breath of life being flushed out. So much fear came from those thoughts. As Hannah shook her head, her eyes darted down, for a second. Cindy's feet were now hidden, in shoes. Thank goodness that Hannah didn't have to look at them, as they were the day before.

Still, the question stayed in her mind. Why was Nick being so affectionate towards Cindy? She'd always told him what a heartless person she always thought she was. Then, she'd tried to kill both of them, twice! How could he so easily trust her that much? It would take a life-and-death experience to do such a thing. Unfortunately, Hannah didn't know that the very theory that just crossed her mind had actually happened. She sat in Richard's palm as he began to speak up again, getting the wheels in motion for what they were now planning to do.

Richard handed the ball of thread over to Cindy, waiting for her to tie Nick to her finger. That way, they could get this hike underway. He didn't want to stay out for too long with these two small friends, and it was already getting into the afternoon with everything that had happened already. They needed to get out as soon as possible. The sooner they left meant the sooner they would be coming back inside, where he could keep a better eye on the two of them, and not worry about some bird or animal coming to steal them away.

Cindy took the yarn and let it unroll to the floor. As soon as it did so, she took her teeth and dug into it, immediately snapping the thread apart. Hannah gulped as she saw this. It was like she saw all the bad in Cindy. In her mind, it wasn't her getting another piece of thread cut. What Hannah saw was more than a dozen razor-sharp teeth, digging into it's prey and ripping it apart. She could do so much to them. She shook for second, scared that she could end up in there, someday. Instead of that yarn, it could be her own body that Cindy was biting into, getting rid of her and letting her satisfy her stomach. She looked away, again, trying to get all of the mental images out of her head.

As Cindy brought the thread down, she asked Nick to stand up. “Okay, sweetie, I've gotta tie you up! So, be a good boy and get up for me!” She wasn't going to let up on this way of talking. Nick slowly got up, as per her request, and let her tie the thread around his stomach. When it touched him, it felt like a thick rope. Cindy got it tied to him fairly tight, with some help and body language from him to make sure it wasn't too loose or too tight. Once the other end was tied to her finger, everything seemed ready to go. Nick sat back down in her palm and she looked at Richard. “Well, there we go! He's all tied up and safe from leaving my side. Shall we?”