- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and Hannah get settled into the cabin as they find the first set of bedrooms...

Nick and Hannah had both not even bothered unpacking the car when they’d come inside the cabin.  Circumstances made it so that neither of them wanted to venture back outside, for reasons they found out a few minutes after they’d come inside.  At first, however, they were only set on getting inside and having Nick dropping Hannah off on a bed so she could get some rest.  She was a heavy sleeper and had wanted to get caught up on the sleep she’d missed by getting up a little extra early that morning.

Nick had slowly walked into the small cabin.  As his shoes creaked on the wood floor, he looked at his surroundings.  Beside the door was a tri-pedal coat rack, a closet, and a hallway with several doors on each side.  He looked from side to side, hoping to find the bedrooms quickly so he could deposit his girlfriend and let her get some rest.  Although he loved having her in his arms, he knew she needed a bed to sleep in, and he intended to be getting some things ready while she caught up on her sleep, assuming she would let him.

As he walked through the cabin, he found a door on the right side of the hall, the 2nd from the entrance door that read “Bed 1”.  Assuming that’s where he was going, he pushed his arm forward, letting Hannah’s legs resting on the crevice above his elbow as he nervously grabbed the handle.  His arm shook slightly, his eyes going back and forth between the doorknob and her legs.  He didn’t want to accidentally drop her, so he messed with the knob and got the door open as quickly as he could.  After a few seconds, he did get the handle turned and the door to the bedroom flew open.

Regaining his hold on Hannah’s long, smooth legs, he walked forward and the two of them entered the bedroom.  Inside was a small, square desk against the right wall, one queen-sized bed against the left wall, and a cross-divided window against the back wall, showing some scenery of the forest that surrounded the cabin.  Hannah started to stir as they walked in and Nick approached the bed to the side.  Opening her mouth, she let out a soft, long yawn as she looked at Nick with a smile on her face.

“Hey, Nick, is this our room?”  Her question and tone of voice made a smile creep to Nick’s face.  He watched as she was looking up at him, hanging onto his neck as he held her, and it made him blush for a moment.  Being this close to his lovely Hannah was wonderful, especially with him awake and speaking with him.  He got butterflies in his stomach for a moment and he nodded to her, confirming that it was, indeed, their room.  “Yes, honey.  This window, this bed, this desk, it’s ours for this trip.  Would you like to lie down on the bed and catch up on your rest?”

Hannah took a deep breath as her eyes scanned from Nick’s smiling face to the window.  As she did so, she thought she saw a glimpse of some cloud’s swiftly moving over the forest.  She blinked for a moment, wondering what they could mean, but soon looked back at Nick and returned his nod.  Clouds could be worried about later.  She let out another yawn as the sleepiness came into her head, once again.  “Yes, Nick.  I’d like that.  Could you set me down on the bed, please?”

Nick almost started to laugh at her polite way of asking him to put her on the bed.  Her politeness was one of the reasons why he was glad she’d chosen him to go out with, or so he thought.  The woman was many things that he liked.  She was tall, pretty, but her politeness was something that he’d loved ever since they hung out together in school.  A lot of girls were snobby and rude, but Hannah was always nice, kind, and very polite with everyone.  He considered her to be a blessing, and considered himself lucky to have her to himself. 

He made his way over to the bed and set her down, bringing some white blankets that were at the foot of the bed over her, up to her shoulders.  After letting her go, he patted on the pillow her head was on to make sure she was comfy as she adjusted to this bed.  Leaning forward, he gave her a soft kiss on the forehead and whispered to her.  “Sleep well, my darling.  I’ll be bringing the stuff in if you need me.”  Hannah was smiling towards Nick as he began to pull his face away, but something happened within the next few moments that changed her mind about not needing him. 

An immense flash of light flew in the window as a thunderbolt could be seen coming down near the forest.  The clap of thunder flew through both their eardrums and made Hannah scream.  Her arms immediately flew up, grabbing Nick by the shoulders and yanked his body down onto the bed.  He yelped as he was forced down, but Hannah didn’t stop.  Her arms completely wrapped around him and they moved to his stomach, holding him tightly against her own body. 

Hannah’s eyes were quivering and she was shaking as she held her boyfriend into her and the sheets that covered her, fear coming through her entire being.  The thunder had scared her to death and she was not willing to let Nick go.  “I need you now, Nick!  I…I…that scared me!  I need my big, soft Teddy Nick here with me.  Don’t…don’t go out in that storm!”

Nick was a little frightened by the thunder as well, though he was more afraid of his girlfriend, suffocating him with her strong grip.  As tall as Hannah was, she was strong as well.  When something scared her, like this, she had the strength of many Hannahs.  He couldn’t break free from her grip, nor did he want to.  He simply let her hold him there and agreed with her.  “Alright, honey, I’ll stay here with you.  There’s nothing to worry about.”

The two of them started to get comfortable, hanging onto one another, but everything was, most certainly, not fine.  High above the cabin, another bolt of thunder shot down from the dark clouds that were above them, striking then cabin.  The two of them screamed as purple light surrounded their room and held onto one another, closing their eyes, a nervous feeling in their guts, not knowing the true implications of what they were about to go through…

Chapter End Notes:

As the thunder comes down onto the area, how are the scared Nick and Hannah going to react to the cabin getting hit by it, and where are Richard and Cindy?