- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick and Hannah awaken from the thunderstorm, only to find things radically different...

Nick and Hannah had both been scared by the storm.  That first lightning bolt looked like it had hit near the cabin, which only heightened their fears worse.  Hannah had always been afraid of lightning storms, and Nick had known all too well that he’d have to stay there on the bed with her for quite awhile when she’d grabbed him and latched him to her.  However, the next lightning bolt sent a wave of fear through both Hannah and Nick both, as would the effects this one had on the two of them.

As soon as the second bolt of lightning struck, the entire cabin began to violently shake around the young couple.  From the first impact, both Hannah and Nick had gotten knocked off the bed.  As they fell off, they didn’t try to stock their fall.  Instead, the two of them did the only thing they could do, when scared.  They held onto each other even tighter as they hit the floor, sending some minor, bruising pains through their bodies.  They’d landed on their sides and they were both whimpering, hanging onto one another, hoping that all of this would end soon.

Soon enough, just as they hoped, it did end.  The flash of light that had been spawned by that bolt of lightning slowly faded.  Both Nick’s and Hannah’s bodies were filled with shivers and aching pains as they held onto one another.  Neither had their eyes open, and neither wanted to.  That was, without a doubt, the most fearful lightning storm they’d been a part of, and they didn’t want to be separated from one another or look to see what had happened to the cabin.  For all they knew, there was a giant hole above them from where the lightning had hit the house.  They just clung to each other and eventually fell asleep in each other’s arms.

After a very short nap, both Nick and Hannah started to wake up.  Their grips upon one another had slowed down and let go as they lay on the cold, wood floor.  With a yawn, Nick was the first of the two to get up.  He rubbed over his eyes and blinked.  That experience had definitely been something else, but it seemed the two of them were still alive and kicking.  He looked at Hannah for a moment and smiled down to her, ready to tell her that everything was alright.  Unfortunately for him, all he got from her was a shocked look on her face.

Hannah’s eyes had bolted open as she woke up.  She saw Nick looked over her, but she saw something absolutely terrifying above them.  Nick was asking her what the problem was, and all she could do was grabbing onto him and pull him down against her again.  Turning his head, he was curious as to what was so wrong with her at that moment.  After turning, however, he found out something that he wasn’t exactly excited about finding out.  He gasped as he looked above them to see what was going on, and he just couldn’t believe it.

Nick held even tightly onto Hannah as he closed his eyes, shook his head, looked at her for a second, and then back up.  His entire body was shaking, and so was hers, as they looked above them.  Right next to their bodies was a structure, or at least, what looked like a structure.  It was a pillar that looked at least a hundred feet tall, maybe even more, connected to a wall that went to near infinite space in another direction.  The two of them blinked and stayed in their laying position for as long as they could, trying to figure out just what was going on.

Before long, they decided that they needed to get up.  Nick was the first up and he nervously held his hand out towards Hannah.  Taking his hand, she stood up and began to speak, a little fidgety in her voice.  “N-Nick?  Weren’t we just in a cabin?!  W-Where is this?”  Nick looked her in the eye and wanted to give her an answer.  Unfortunately, he didn’t have one for her.  He had no idea where they were.  “I…don’t know, honey.  The last thing I remember was that freak storm and then I woke up here, with you, an- WHHHAA! “

Nick nearly fell over as he saw something behind Hannah when his eyes had wandered from her vision as he spoke.  Falling onto his butt as he saw the immense object behind her, he pointed towards it and motioned for her to look.  She turned around and fell down onto her own butt, right into Nick’s lap as she saw the object.  Nick wrapped his arms around Hannah’s stomach as they both processed what they were seeing.  It was huge, the size of a car, if not bigger, but the shape was unmistakable.  As much as they couldn’t believe it, they were looking at some sort of giant, fluffy slipper.

Both their hearts were beating out of control, ready to burst out of their chests at any time.  Nick’s hold on Hannah was tight, but weak.  Both of them were contemplating their situation, but they both knew exactly what happened.  They just didn’t want to believe it.  There had been a pink slipper right next to the bed in the cabin when they’d come in.  As they looked around, many things were blurred, because they were so far away, but they could make out the objects.  The desk, the doorway, the floor.  They were still in the cabin bedroom.  The only difference is, they were a lot shorter than they once were.

“W-What are we going to do, Nick?!”  Hannah turned herself around and pushed herself into her boyfriend’s chest, scared out of her mind.  Nick did the best to hold onto her, but his train of thought was stopped as they both felt something.  The floor was moving around them.  Every fiber in their being shook, along with the ground, as if an earthquake had come. 

They didn’t have to ponder what was happening for long.  After a few quick shakes, Nick’s entire body quivered as he saw something that terrified him.  In the doorway, stood Cindy, Richard’s wife.  She had a bag in her hand and looked like an immense skyscraper to them.  Whatever they were going to do, it had to be done fast.

Chapter End Notes:

As they see their giant friend coming into the room, what are Hannah and Nick going to do next?