- Text Size +

She finished painting her toes red, bright red, the same color as her long fingernails. When she was satisfied, she looked at the computer screen.  Images of several dresses were spinning at the screen.

“Computer, please provide item 47”

 Moments later, a hatch opened on the side of the console and a beige dress appeared.

She picked it up and got ready to wear it.  She glanced at the mirror.  She had a toned body with firm breasts, long muscular legs and curves at all the right places.  She put the dress on and nodded to herself. The dress was a perfect fit for her body.  She was breathtakingly beautiful.  She applied red lipstick and sent a kiss to herself in the mirror.

She smiled at herself exposing a perfect white set of teeth. Her light brown eyes lit up with satisfaction. She was almost ready.

She centered her pendant in the valley between her breasts, sat down on the chair and picked up the portable monitor.

 “So, assignment JE-7634 today…” she said out loud to herself.

 “Good evening. My name is Palmer. Jenny Palmer. I am working very closely with Mr. Caladri and I would like to see with Dr. Wilson. There is some urgent business that I would like to discuss with him”, she rehearsed her lines.

 This was her first time working in Earth. She had never been on this planet before. The computer had provided all the information needed for her assignment.

 “Code 5 huh? A Wipe off! I like this stealthy stuff!” she exclaimed.

 “You need to be careful”, said the computer. “No one should find out that we came here”

“Come on now, I am well trained”, she sounded a little offended.

“Just saying…”

“So… how do I look? Do I pass for an earth woman?

“Indeed. And a pretty one too”

She looked at her toes. The varnish was almost dry. Her toes were now gleaming like jewels in the artificial light of the capsule. Instinctively, she caressed her feet.  Smooth pale skin on the top, tough leathery skin on her soles.  Her fingers felt the hardness of her heel.  She used her long fingernails to scratch the hard unyielding skin. This action always reminded her of her endless training on Zurga-3, her planet.  She remembered running barefooted for miles on the sharp crystals that grow on the planet’s surface. She remember how her trainer insisted to do this until her skin hardened enough to be able to crush the sharp edges of crystals underfoot and remain unscathed.  But it was all part of her mercenary training. She had to be tough and fearless.

She looked at the computer screen again. Images of shoes were slowly spinning there.

“Item, hmm, 36 please”

Again, the hatch opened and a pair of high heel sandals appeared. They were brown, with several straps criss-crossing on the front of the shoe and a single heel strap.

She put them on and stood up to get the feel of these shoes. She walked up and down in the limited space provided by the capsule.

“I can’t understand why anyone would wear this kind of shoes. They are hard to balance and provide no support”, commented the computer

“They are sexy and I am used to wear this kind of shoes”, was her response.

“Fair enough”, the computer agreed.

"Computer, matching bag please”

 A selection of handbags appeared. She picked number 36 again to match her shoes.

“Am I ready to go then?”

“No, please select a weapon”

 The computer screen was now showing several weapons. Most of them were crossed out as unavailable. She looked at the few available ones.

 “Computer, please provide weapon SR-5”

 The hatch opened and a small pistol made out of unknown plastic like material appeared.  In the place of the barrel there was a short spike with a color bead that was continuously changing colors at amazing speed. Next to the pistol there was a packet of paper wipes and a green gem.

 She reached out, picked them up all and put them in her handbag.

 “I like it when you are so thoughtful”, she said smiling, as she examined her figure once more in the mirror. “Ok, I am set to go.  Wish me luck!”

 “Good luck Tarja!”, responded the computer. “You don’t need it, but be careful. Remember, this is a brittle planet”.

 She positioned herself on a green circular pattern drawn on the floor of the capsule and waited.

With a low humming sound she started descending out of the capsule.