- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Trent starts cooking some soup when he gets back downstairs, and then goes for the task of cleaning up the mess in the bathroom...

Is it really the right thing to do? Is it alright to just leave her in there, alone, while I go downstairs to the kitchen? Part of me really wants to stay up there, with her, especially now that I know her name. However, another part of me doesn't. I understand that I need to leave her alone and give her time to rest. I also know that if I'm going to continue progressing and actually getting her to trust me, I can't force everything, or anything on her. I have managed to get her name out of her, which is a good sign. Time is the only factor in it now. I have to wait for her to be ready to leave the room.

I stop as soon as I get to the bottom of the stairs. I stand and look back up, towards the second floor. I still have those urges to go back up there and watch over her. There is a lot that she can get hurt with in the house, but I can't let this consume me. She trusts me enough to give me her name, and that should be enough, for now. It's the afternoon now, and I am quite hungry. I can't help this woman on an empty stomach so, while she's still resting, I should go towards the kitchen and make something to eat. Who knows? Maybe she'll wander downstairs soon and trust me a little more, knowing that I left her alone! It's probably a stretch, but I can still dream!

Moving my legs forward, I make my way towards the kitchen. As I walk through the hallway, I look in the bathroom. All the pill bottles are still scattered across the floor. I frown a little as I see the mess. There are some scattered in the hall as well. I should really clean that stuff up. As I look at it, I can hear a rumbling, gurgling sound coming from my stomach. I look down and blush, slightly, embarrassed that I've gotten as hungry as I have. Walking past the bathroom, I make my way into the kitchen. Cleaning can come later. I want to, at least, put some food on the stove or in the microwave, cooking and getting itself ready.

Coming into the kitchen, I walk around the bar-like counter and come to the refrigerator. I start thinking about what I want to eat, but that short woman also comes to my mind, as I think further. What if she comes down, in need of some food? If I do start cooking some food, then I should make something that I won't mind serving to both me and my little guest. The door of the fridge slowly opens as my eyes start scanning the contents that are inside. I think, harder and harder, trying to come up with an idea for what we can both eat, were that scenario to come true.

What is she able to eat? Surely, with her 'shortness', there would be some restrictions on her diet. She's the size of a small child, I'd say. Small children can't eat everything that they're given. Should I prepare something a little soft for her, like soup or something? Hmm...this is a hard decision. I think I have some Lentil soup that I made the other day, a suggestion from a friend from awhile back. My eyes move from the door to the shelves on the inside of refrigerator, scanning for that container of soup that I've got in there. It doesn't take me long to find it.

I smile as I reach in, pulling out the container of soup. Opening it up, I set it down on the counter, next to a 4-burner stove and realize that there is plenty for two people to eat up. Digging into a few shelves under the stove, I pull out a small pan and a metal whisk. Setting the pan on the stove, I use the whisk to pour the creamy soup into the pan. Before even a few moments have passed, all of it is in the pan and I switch the stove to the 'on' position, making sure the soup is getting warmed up. After stirring it for a minute or two, I walk off, moving back out into the hallway.

As much as I'd love to stay in the kitchen and watch my soup cook, there's a huge mess out here that I need to get cleaned up. Thanks to my own actions, the bathroom floor and hallway are filled with medicine bottles. Thank heavens all of them were sealed nice and tight. Otherwise, I'd be picking up half a million pills, along with their bottles, making this job that much harder. I ignore the bottles in the hallway at first, making my way into the bathroom, itself. Shoving some of the bottles to the side, I clear an area on the floor, right in front of the door these bottles came from. Sitting myself down, I begin picking them up, one at a time, and pushing them back onto the shelf they came from.

This is a rather tedious process, but as I slowly pick up more and more bottles, the bathroom floor is looking like more of a floor. Some people might have been surprised there was even a floor in this room, to begin with. The ridiculous stockpile of medicine my aunt supplies me with is borderline obsessive. My bathroom can easily pass as a pharmacy. As I keep putting the bottles away, I hear a clicking sound from behind me. I look back and see a few bottles, sitting up, lined across the doorway. I take a quick look, but I don't see anything around, though I have a feeling I know how they got there.

Trying not to take much notice of this, I keep piling the bottles onto the shelf. After a little while long, I reach back, without looking, and grab a bottle, only to hear a small yelp from that same location. Not moving my hand, I turn my head and look back to see that woman, standing in the doorway, looking down at a bottle that she is trying to carry. Her arms are shaking, seeing my own hand on the top of the bottle. We both look at each other for a moment, and then back at the bottle. “H-H-Here! You left this out in the hall and I nearly tripped and fell over it! Why is your house such as hazard?!”

I take the bottle from her and let off a small grin as I put it away. “Thank you” I say, as I reach for the other bottles she has brought over, putting them away as well...