- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Trent takes Rebecca into the living room and fetches her a blanket, taking his first chance at scanning and looking at her body...

As I life Rebecca into the air, I feel it again. She is a relatively light person, as can be expected, given her height. She's only a couple of feet tall, so it's no problem for me to lift her. I cannot be exact in calculations, especially since her weight isn't exactly the top priority thing on my mind right now, but she doesn't feel much more than 30 lbs or so. Again, I can't be exact, but I do know that she is light and I don't really have a problem with carrying her. While I am not really all that strong, it's not that much to carry, especially given the circumstances.

Her arms makes a tighter grip around my neck as soon as we begin to walk through the hallway. She must be a little nervous, being up this high. It's nearly three times her height, so I suppose it would be like being held 15-20 feet in the air and carried around, like I am with her right now. I stop for a moment and think. I need to get a better grip on her and make her feel a little safer. If she has a problem with heights, she might be nervous or a little scared. God knows I'm more than a little nervous when I go up a good 12 feet or more in the air. My legs start shaking and it takes me a good while to calm myself down.

Trying to readjust, I lean against the wall, just outside the bathroom. My left arm, which was around the middle of her back, I slip down and support her bottom with, pulled her up, closer to me. Then, I take my right arm and wrap it tighter around her stomach. These actions initially cause her arm to twitch and hug to my neck a little tighter, her fingers grabbing and pinching on my skin. I wince from the pain of having my skin pinched on so tightly, but I soon shake it off. I can't afford to spend my time on such a minimal amount of pain when Rebecca is in so much more. I finish readjusting and try to reassure her. “Don't worry. I'm not going to drop you, Rebecca. I'm just getting a better hold on you. That's all.”

She says absolutely nothing to this. Her face, with that brown hair frizzled out a little from all of the turning, climbing, laying, and moving, shoves itself into the shoulder of my shirt. Her hand is shivering as it held onto me, and I realize that she is still nervous. I sort of enjoy this moment. Were the two of us not in pain right now, I might have cherished the moment and leaned against the wall for a few moments, but I know I can't. The poor woman is in pain and the sooner I get her to the point where she's only going through the physical pain, and not that as well as the heights fear, the better. Slowly pushing away from the wall, I continue my walk towards the living room.

My pace increases as we walk through the hall. Her grip is very tight on my neck and I, personally, don't want her to be scared more than she has to. I feel like I need to get her to 'safety' as soon as I can. Why do I think this? Well, I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it's because she's someone who's in pain and I just like to help others? That's definitely part of it, but it also feels like it's something else. I'm not exactly sure what, but there's something else there. I ponder this as we walk through the hall, and into the living room. We soon come back onto the carpet and reach the couch, where I'd first laid her town to patch up her wounds, before she'd woken up from the initial attack from that dog.

Lowering myself to my knees, I slowly nudge my head into hers, trying to grab her attention as I use my hands to grip around her legs and side, slowly pulling her body away from mine. Her head moves up to look at me, which I greet with a soft grin. As she feels her body being pulled away from my own, her head darts in two directions, looking to see where she was. I can feel a faint, but steady heartbeat in my neck, coming from the nerves in her fingers and arm before she lets me go. As she see the couch slowly coming under her, she loosens the grip on my neck and allows me to move her away further. I slowly turn her body, bringing her to a laying position as I set her down on the couch.

As she comes down, she looks at me, and then looks at the ceiling. Her chest is rising and falling, taking deep and steady breaths. The fingers in her broken arm twitch and shiver, slightly, but she is no longer whimpering and crying out in pain. Her cheeks are red and her foggy eyes simply stare into the sky. As I see her legs shivering a little, I stand up, which immediately catches her attention. She stares at me with that same gaze she'd given me earlier, right after I'd moved her limb back into place. I grin, placing my hand on her shoulder. “I'm going to get you a blanket. I'll be right back.”

Slowly getting up, I walk back to the hallway and down past the bathroom. Rebecca had not given me much speech when I left to get her a blanket. She just stared at me, and nodded, with a displeased look on her face. It almost felt as if she didn't want me to leave her, but she did, at the same time. I smile to myself as I reach the spare bedroom and pull a small blanket from the closet. It's a blanket that I keep for when my nieces decide to come and visit. It's bright-blue and has a design full of fruit trees all over it. I figure that, given Rebecca's height, it will be perfect for her.

As I return to the living room, I see Rebecca, her eyes shut. Softly and gently walking over towards the couch, I take a moment to look down at her, to really look at her. I have spent a fair amount of time with her, but I've never really stopped to look at her, completely. Her head is relatively long, the bangless, straight locks of light-brown hair bordering and shaping her face, resting down just above her shoulders. It looks as soft as silk. Her face and skin is almost pale, savor the rosy color in her cheeks and the small freckles that come around them. Her shoulders curve down, showing a very athletic-like figure in her body. Her breasts stick out from her shirt, though not terribly far. Down to her stomach, a slight curve can be seen where her hips begin, leading down to two thin, skinny legs and down to a pair of small feet. I take in her entire form and smile down at her.

“T-Trent?” The weak word comes into my mind and my trance comes to a stop. I blink as I see Rebecca, staring up at me, a confused look on her face. Has she been watching me watch her? My own face gets a little red as I quickly change my vision over towards the blanket. Unwrapping it, I hold it over her feet, slowly covering her body up with it. “S-Sorry about that, Rebecca. I, um, have the blanket ready for you!” She smiles up at me, using her good arm to grab the top of the blanket as it comes onto her. After setting all of it down, I smile towards her and nod.

“Would you like anything else, to help you rest?” I ask, curious, and almost sounding like some sort of nurse or something. Rebecca looked at me for a few moments and shook her head, holding the blanket to her body a little tighter. Grinning, I set my hand on her shoulder again and pat her once. “Alright, well, you try and get some rest. I hope your injury can heal up quickly. I'm just going to go and--” My body stops as her good hand comes over and grabs onto the wrist I have at the end of the couch. She shakes her head, a look of concern on her face. “Stay” she asked.

I blink for a moment and then move back down into my kneeling position, nodding. “A..alright.” Rebecca then smiles and keeps her grip on my hand. It looks like I'm going to be here for a little while...