- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rebecca runs into Trent's room one morning, wanting him to get up...

About a week has passed since Rebecca and I first met and had that rocky start. The sun slowly creeps in my window and I lay there, sound asleep. It's a wonderful Saturday morning and I am, once again, taking my sweet time in getting up. Ever since she came to this house, I've been sleeping much more deeply and calmly at night. Sleep comes faster and I end up not wanting to get up right away. Not at the same time I'm used to, anyways. Getting up later means that the days are, overall shorter, but it's just something that's happened with me in the past week.

Some of my schedules have altered quite a bit lately, yet some are not. My schedules for getting work papers in and all of that fun stuff hasn't changed all that much. Having all day to get stuff done definitely has it's perks, especially when one's life is dramatically changing on him. Allowing Rebecca to stay here has been quite the hassle for the both of us. It's not exactly easy accommodating and helping a 2-foot woman get used to living in a home built for a 6-foot man, especially given what happened to her the last time she was in a house like this, to stay.

It has taken some time, but I did get Rebecca to divulge information about Melissa earlier this week. It's a very touchy subject with her, but I was curious and wished to know what that woman did to her to make her hate the 'giants' so much. She didn't end up telling me much. All she said was that she'd woken up on the streets and Melissa took her into her home. Explaining further, she said she had the life of what one would call a “pet”. She was taken around the house on a leash, forced to do things for Melissa, and all around got hurt when she didn't do something correctly. I didn't get much information after that. After she'd told me that much, I could tell she was starting to get emotional and I told her she didn't have to tell me anything else.

The woman definitely trusts me now, and I have to make sure that trust is not misplaced. I have been nothing but kind to her, as I would any person, but I admit that it's been a challenge. After recovering from her injury, Rebecca's attitude returned, along with her trusting of me. The relationship between me and my new housemate is interesting, to say the least. Let's just say that it's definitely one-sided with control, at least 90 percent of the time. This part of living together is about to make itself apparent this morning, as I lay in bed.

Some rattling comes across my doorknob, along with some knocking and banging on the door. “Hey, Trent! It's morning! Are you sleeping in, again?!” Rebecca's voice penetrates the large, wooden door and I slowly wake up to it, but roll over in bed, not getting the strength or will to respond to her. I'm incredibly tired and I just want to sleep in a little more. I let out a soft moan as I turn around, cluing her in that I don't want to get up just yet. You know, as if she would actually take that for an answer to wanting to wake me up.

The rattling gets worse as the doorknob slowly turns and the door is pushed open. Rebecca, dressed in a small white dress with a red flower over the chest area, pushed the door open, both arms on the door. Her hair had already been combed down and her bare feet patted on the carpet as she made her way to the side of the bed. Her nose barely came above where the sheets were, and she looked at me, wrapped up in a sheet. She saw me lazily laying there and shook her head. “Excuse me, mister! It's time to get up and make Rebecca some breakfast! Hop to it!”

This got nothing more than another roll from me and a small muttered statement. “In a...minute, Rebecca. I just want to get a little more-..” Rebecca's attitude towards life didn't allow for me to postpone and procrastinate anything. Before I even got finished telling her I wanted a little more sleep, she'd jumped on top of a suitcase by the bed and had climbed up on the bed, itself. Her tiny body jumped onto the mattress, right next to my shoulder and put her hands on my arm. Pushing forward and back, she did what she could to shake me in the bed. “You've had enough sleep! I'm hungry and I know you are, too! I can't make breakfast on my own. I'm too short! Now, get your butt out of bed right now and make us some food!”

Yes, you read everything correctly. As I said, my relationship with Rebecca was a very interesting one. Her attitude had allowed her to take control of most situations. Sometimes, I think she looks out for me and pushes me to do things more than I help her with things, despite the fact that I'm three times her height. Feeling all of the tiredness being shaken, quite literally, out of me, I whined a little and turnedt onto my back, only to see her standing above me. Within a moment, one of her feet pushed forward, kicking against my cheek. It clamped onto it, her toes digging into my shaved cheek and she put her hands on her hips.

She gives a me a look. That look that said “Get up now, or I'm gonna do something you'll regret. I wasn't entirely sure how she would be able to back up that threat, but I had woken up enough now that I wasn't going to get back to sleep, even if I tried. She had threatened with me a few things before, though. Some serious, some funny. At one point, she'd threatened to sit on my face and fart into my nose. I thought this was half a joke, laughing at it, but the next thing I knew on that morning was that a little Rebecca butt landed right on my face, her threats heightening. I complied with her that time, not wanting to know if she was actually serious.

Slowly pulling her foot away from my face, I leaned up, letting out a yawn as I looking at her and pushed my hair down with my hand. “Alright, alright. You win. Give me just a second to wake up and I'll go make up some breakfast.” Her expression immediately goes to a smile and she pushes her body against my arm and cheek, as if she were going to hug me. Within a moment, she grabs onto my hand and jumps off the bed, tugging me along. It looks like someone was really hungry this morning...