- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rebecca asks for a massage, out of curiosity, as she begins talking about her past...

This is a good moment for me. Or, at least, it is a moment I've been looking forward to for awhile now. For as long as I've known Rebecca, as short a time as that might be, her past has been a mystery to me. Where did she come from? Why is she only 2 feet in height? Where did she grow up? Where is her family? As these questions are bogging through my mind, she moves herself on the couch, backing into the arm of it and propping her legs up, letting her bare legs and feet rest on my lap. She reaches her arms out and stretches both them and her legs out. I can partially see her fingers and toes waving and wiggling around as she looks at me, a partial grin on her face.

“I dunno why, but I'm kind of tired, all of a sudden. You want to know more about me, so...can you massage my feet and legs a little while I talk to you? Melissa always made me do that for her, and I wanna know what that feels like!” I blink and then look down at her little feet. Then, I look over to her face again. This seems like a quite odd request, but if that's what it takes to get some information out of her, then I'd be more than willing to give it a try. Reaching down, gently wrapping my fingers around her left foot, I say “Sure, Rebecca. Whatever you want.”

A massage isn't exactly what I expect Rebecca to ask of me, but I suppose it makes sense. From what I know, she basically pampered this “Melissa” person every day until she left and found her way to my place. Seeing someone being taken care of so much and having to do so much for them would lead one to wonder what it would feel like to be pampered, themselves. My fingers feel around on her feet, They aren't very big, but they feel very soft. As soon as I touch her foot, her leg fidgets. I can see goose bumps forming on her leg as I gently press my thumb into the middle of the sole of her foot, trying to work as best I can. I let my thumb go around in circular motions and I look to her. “Is this okay?”

Rebecca's eyes were intently watching me, and she slowly made a grin. Her toes flex a little with each press that I do. “That feels interesting. Kind of odd, but sort of comfy at the same time. Yeah, that's good. Keep doing that.” She took a moment to pause before she started the real conversation. “My past is...foggy at best, Trent. I'm sure you have a lot of questions for me, since I asked you about your past, but I'm afraid I don't have a whole lot of answers for you. I guess I should start at the first memory that pops into my head. Just don't get upset if I want to stop. Most of my memories involve Melissa and I don't especially like what she did with me.”

I slowly continue the rubbing and nod towards her. “I'm glad to be learning anything about you, Rebecca. What do you remember first? What's the furthest back you can remember, before meeting Melissa?” My question flows through the air, into her ears as I can see her blushing from the feeling I'm giving her from my rub. “Well...” she says. “Don't think it's silly! But, the first thing I remember is waking up in a field of flowers. They were Lily's, I think. I dunno! Just don't think it's silly!” Her attitude is trying to make it's way into this conversation, and it's a little funny. I can tell that she wants to keep up her attitude with me and feel assertive, but at the same time, she just wants to talk.

I want to just tell her it's okay to drop the attitude with me, but I'm afraid that will just upset her. The attitude is part of who she is. I can't just ask her to stop being her. Trying to say all that I can, and all that she wants me to say, I come forward, continuing the rubbing of her left foot, saying “I don't think that's silly. It's kind of cute, waking up in a field of Lily's.” My smile reaches her and she starts to get red in the face for a moment, before opening her mouth again, throwing back towards my statement. “W-Well, whatever! Anyways, that's the first thing I remember. I woke up in the field and heard these loud things going by.”

“I, eventually, found out that they were called cars. I had no idea what they were, at the time. I was lost and didn't know anything, other than my name. I wasn't wearing anything, so I picked a bunch of the flowers to cover myself with and headed for the big, black road the cars were running down. That's when I saw her, for the first time.” Her...she must meant Melissa. Could all of her memories be surrounded by this woman called Melissa? It's a mystery to me, but intriguing, all the same. “Her?” I ask, trying to push the conversation forward after she'd stopped.

“Her...Melissa” she responds, her toes curling up, tensing and causing the sole of her foot to wrinkle up. I stop for a moment, reaching up and uncurling her toes with my fingers, trying to calm her down. “Sorry. You don't have to tell me, if it's too hard for you, Rebecca.” Her toes are uncurling and she's letting me do it, one by one. I can feel the little amount of warmth and soft curves about her toes as I move them. They're very tiny, but they are still soft. Looking back at me, She gets a grin on her face and then sighs. “No...it's alright. I want to tell you. We're living together right now. I want you to know about my past.”

A smile coming to my face, I bring the toes in her other foot back into place as I make my response. “Then go on with the story, when you're ready. I want you to be comfortable with this information, too. I don't want to force it out of you.” I wait as she gets ready to continue her story...