- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rebecca wears herself out and Trent decides it's best to just take her up to sleep for awhile...

The moment we shared wasn't expected, by me. When she had told me she was to tell me about her past, I didn't imagine that she would break down soon afterwards. She has given me a lot of information very personal to her. I don't know if I should feel happy or sad about all this. I am crying, myself, yet she trusts me enough with this information. Melissa must have been an absolutely terrible person for doing that to her. Still, the fact of the matter is that Rebecca is still here, and the two of us are close to one another, and she is having a breakdown.

My grip on her has to be steadily monitored by my mind. I'm crying, too, but I can't risk hurting her by holding her too tightly. She's already been under the same roof as someone who has taken advantage of her. I can't do the same thing to her. My grip remains gentle, my arms around her back as her arms stay wrapped around my neck. This is like holding a small child, except the child is a grown woman whom has just let out a lot of her past to me. I let her hold onto me, and she lets me hold onto her. Much time passes by, but that doesn't matter. I will let her have as much time as she needs.

About an hour passes by before Rebecca, herself, passes out. Her body loosens up and I soon have a little woman sleeping in my arms. As I look down at her, her eyes are shut and the redness in her face is starting to fade away. Putting an arm down, I move under her butt, trying to support her weight so she doesn't fall off and hit the floor. One of her arms isn't able to move much but one of them is still around my neck. My arm and hand can feel the soft material of her little dressy clothes, and I start to think of what else I can do for her. “Poor girl. She should rest for now.”

Slowly picking myself up, my arm strains as she comes up with me. Her front-side is still pressing against my chest and my other arm pushes her against me, making sure that I can keep her steady. I feel small amounts of pressure as her breaths move her body. Looking around, I think. My feet go into motion as I walk towards the hallway. She wore herself out with all of these emotional scenarios, and there's only one place I can think of that I can put her to rest. As much as I love having her against me, I need to go and put her to bed.

My feet start hitting the stairs as I hear both creaking from the wood floor and a soft moaning from the woman I'm holding in my arms. Her head moves around a little as she sleeps. There's something going on in that head of hers. I don't know what it is, but at least she's still asleep. Hopefully, I'll be able to get her to bed without her waking up from the movement, or just time it's taking me to get back upstairs. I slow my footsteps, trying not to making them sound too loud, thinking about this situation.

As I get up, I see the branch of the 2nd floor. To my left is the bedroom that I let Rebecca use and to my right is my own bedroom. We're just across the hall from one another. I had originally thought to leave her in the bedroom on the first floor, but I figured that we should be closer. If something were to happen during the night, and I needed her or she needed me, it would be better for as little time to get from one room to another as humanly possible. My body turns to the left and I head towards her bedroom.

The room is dimly lit, the blinds on all of the windows having been shut and the light switch being turned off. When I first brought her into this room, she gave me a lot of 'orders' and such about the environment she wanted. It seems that she has a hard time sleeping with light around, so she always wanted her blinds to be shut at night. As little light in the room as possible, and everything. Her bed isn't made, thankfully, making putting her in it that much easier. Taking one arm off her body, I pull the sheets down and begin to lower her towards it.

He body gently uncoils from my neck and rests on the bed. Her little form has arms out on all sides and her hair is sticking out, all over the place. Her feet touch down near the top of the sheet and I softly pat on the top of her foot, looking at her as I reach for the sheets. Pulling the sheets over her, all the way up to her shoulders, I lean down and let my face softly touch her forehead. Part of me wants to put more emotion into this, but I hold myself back. I whisper into her ear as I pull myself away. “Have a nice nap, Rebecca.”

My arms cross as I look down at her. Most of her body is covered up by the shadows of everything in the room. With the door shut behind me, there is very little light in the room at all. Just the way she likes it, though. With darkness comes the idea of sleep and will help keep her asleep, for now. The woman wore herself out, and needs a lot of sleep. I plan to let her have any and all the sleep she needs. Having other things for the day pushed aside until this point, I slowly creep out of the room to go and fetch my laptop. I still need to get some things done. Hopefully, I can get them done before she awakens again.

Coming back into the room, I pull a wheel-clad computer chair next to the bed where Rebecca is sleeping and I open the computer up. Sitting down next to where her arm is laying off the side of the bed, I prepare to do some things today. With the computer's backlight on dim, I slowly begin to type, logging myself in, and starting on the day's work. I glance over at her and smile as I open up my Word Processor, knowing what she's expressed to me today. The soft sounds of typing can be heard through the room as I get to work...