- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Trent goes through his Medicine Cabinet to get some supplies and begins to treat his guest, until she starts waking up...

I get up and walk towards the hallway, once again, sighing and frowning. Although she's in the other room, the wounds on that woman's arms are stiff vivid in my head. How could that dog have done something like that to the poor woman? It was a miracle that there even existed a grown woman so short, but those wounds were just so...ugh. I can hardly bear to think about how that fight might have looked. On the other hand, it probably wasn't even a fight. It was probably more like her wandering around and it attacking her.

This whole situation is a mess, but I've got to do something about those wounds. If left untreated, she could get an infection and fast. Wandering back into the bathroom, I pull my Medicine Cabinet apart until I find a couple things I need for her. Bottles and bottles of pills are scattered across the floor as I, literally, toss out anything I don't need trying to quickly get through all of my own pills and get to the medicine and bandaging that I need. Lucky me for having an Aunt in the Medical field. Thanks to her, I've practically got an entire pharmacy in my bathroom.

It's a good thing, too. If this person gets an infection or a disease from those wounds, I'll need all the medical supplies I can get. It would take me nearly an hour to get to the nearest hospital. I doubt someone so small could wait that long for treatment. As I toss more and more out of the closet, I finally find a bottle of ointment and a couple rolls of bandages. Looking down at the ground, I realize that the floor of the bathroom is an absolute mess. It's almost entirely lined with bottles and boxes of medical supplies. I can't worry about that now, though. The important thing is getting back to my 'guest' and making sure I patch her up.

I quickly make my way back to the living room, where the unconscious maiden is still lying and not saying a word. Her fingers are twitching, her arms are shaking, and her face was red. As my hand came down and set on her face, I could feel the heat and the sweat on it. There's no doubt that those wounds hurt her, even in her sleep. I have to get them taken care of as quick as I can without hurting her too much and waking her up. If it's hurting her this much in her sleep, I can't imagine how much pain she'd be in were she wake.

“Don't worry, Miss. I'll have you patched up in no time at all.” I'm not entirely sure why I say that to her. Perhaps I am hoping that, at some level of consciousness, the woman can hear me. Who knows what's going on in her head. She was just attacked by a huge dog, and she was scared when she passed out. I just have to make sure that she's okay by the time she does wake up. Since I'm the only person around for miles, she's my responsibility right now.


I get on my knees in front of the couch and set my supplies on the floor, next to me. My eyes scan the wounds again before reaching down for the ointment. Attached to the side of the bottle is a small sponge-like cloth. Picking it up in my hand, I slowly pour a small amount of ointment onto it, until I have enough to lather up in the cloth and begin applying it to her wounds. I squeeze the cloth several times, making sure I break it down before reached other and setting it down on top of her left arm.

I close my right eye as I gently push down on her shoulder, applying the ointment to the top of her wound. I'm a little afraid to see how she'll react to this. I'm not really a medical person, and don't like to see people in pain. I'm a little scared to see whether or not the ointment will aggravate her pain. As I push down, her arm does move. Her fingers clench into a fist and the arm shakes. Her eyes close tighter, but she doesn't make any noise. Her pain is clear to me, but the muteness of her reaction makes me feel a little better. Maybe the pain is bad, but not intolerable, or maybe it's because she's unconscious?

Not wanting to worry about such things, I focus on the task at hand, rubbing the cloth down the length of her wound, making sure to get a lot of ointment on every last inch of that wound. The cut looked bad, so I need to make sure that it gets completely covered in the ointment. As soon as that is finished, I set the cloth down, on top of the ointment bottle, and reach down for the bandage roll. The ointment won't stay fresh for very long, so I need to get her arm wrapped up as soon as possible.

I undo the end of the bandage and take the stick end off, unrolling it. Preparing to roll her up, I place the sticky end right next to the top of her wound, putting pressure down, ensuring that it sticks to her skin. Once I have it secured on her, I begin to slowly unravel the bandage, wrapping it in tight circles around her arm, slowly making it down the length of her wound. Her arm still twitches from the impact of the material, but I slowly force myself through the rest of it until her entire wound is covered up.

As I cut and put the rest of the bandage on her arm, I hear something coming from her mouth. Setting the roll of bandage down, I take a look at her. Her lips are shaking a little and moving. Her legs begin to stretch and her eyes begin to open up. She's waking up! It's a little sooner than I had hoped, but she's finally waking up! I gently put my hand over her forehead as I smile down to her, happy to see that she's okay enough to be conscious. “Hi there. How do you feel?”

Following that moment, was a terror-stricken scream...