- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Trent goes off to find his guest, only to be assaulted by flying objects...

The scream takes me completely by surprise. One minute, I have one hand on my little guest's forehead, trying to see how she is feeling and the other reaching for the ointment again. The next minute, my ears are thrown into shock by an ear-piercing scream from right in front of me. What in the world is going on? Before I can do anything about it, I see that woman's face getting red and her pupils are shaking. Is she surprised or afraid of me? I don't even know why I ask myself these questions, because the answers always end up following.

My hand is shoved back and the little woman immediately jumping up from the couch. I quickly turn my head, watching her shoes hitting the wood floor of the living room and run off, towards the other rooms of the house. The entire time, she is screaming at the top of her lungs, saying “Get away from me!”. Did I do something wrong? Could she be in shock, still, from that attack from before? I have no idea, really. I just sit down, in front of the couch for a moment, trying to understand what just happened.

It doesn't take me long to realize what I have to do. A loud crashing sound comes from the direction of the bathroom. “Oh, dear...” I tell myself as I stand up, quickly pocketing the ointment and bandages. The poor woman must be running all across the house and have run straight into the mess I left in the bathroom. Her legs may not have been injured, but she is in no shape to be running around the house, like a chicken with its head cut off. She seemed pretty spooked when she saw me earlier. I should probably try to keep her from hurting herself any further.

I slowly make my way over towards the hallway, where I can hear all those bottles, pushing against one another. I can even see a few of them rolling out, into the hall itself. She's definitely in the bathroom, alright. I just hope I can get in there and convince her to come out, so I can patch her up and keep her from hurting herself on everything in the house. Who know what a person only 2 feet tall could get into in my house and end up more hurt than she already is.

I walk in front of the bathroom's door, intending to ask her to come out so I can patch her up, but am greeted with something else entirely. “Excuse me, miss, can you co-..WHOA!” Within seconds of coming into the doorway, I am assaulted by a flying bottle of Ibuprofen. It comes up and hits me in the neck, the blow making me cough for a moment. My hand comes up to my neck as I cope with it, and try to look back into the room. With only a moment to spare, I see her, standing in the middle of the room, bottles in her arms, as she launches another one my way.

Small amounts of pain start surging all over my body as I am, literally, under fire by a barrage of flying medicine bottles. I hold my arms in front of my body as more and more bottles come flying my way, beating down on my body. “Stay away from me!” The woman's high-pitched voice is easy to pick up through the clanging of bottles as they hit me, bounce off, and hit others that are already lying on the ground. I take a few steps back and try to reason with this woman, to show her that I'm not a threat to her.

“He...HEY! Easy! I'm not going to hurt you!” My words leave my lips, but fall on deaf ears as another few bottles come my way, hitting me in the gut. “Liar! You're just like all the other giant freaks around here. You don't want to help me, now STAY BACK!” This conversation is going absolutely nowhere. Either this woman is deathly afraid of everything, or she's in the completely wrong world. Maybe a little of both, now that I think of it.

I am not going to give up on her, though. She still needs more treatment. She can't just barricade herself with medicine bottles and attack me all day. I take a few more steps back and raise my voice as I speak back to her. “Okay, Okay! I'll stay back! Just stop with the bottle-launching, already! There's a lot of expensive medicine in there! Why can't we jus-” My words are cut off as a large bottle of Tylenol came forth and strikes me, right in the groin. I fall to my knees as my hands go down there, trying to protect it, pain surging through my body.

I begin coughing as I try to cope with all of this pain. The barrage of bottles has, thankfully, stopped now. She knows what she's doing. She hit me right in the place where it hurts the most. My eyes are shut as I let out more coughs, trying to recover from the blow she'd just hit me with. Who'd have thought that someone so small could so easily disable me and make me fall to the ground in pain? I am taking deep breaths until I hear the bottles moving again. My eyes open up as I see that woman coming out of the bathroom and turning to run down the hallway.

She runs straight from the bathroom, towards the kitchen, where the front door is. Is she planning on leaving?! I can't let her leave! Not yet! I struggle to push myself up, but I just can't move yet. She did quite a number on me. I know she doesn't trust me, but I call out to her, as best I can, trying to keep her from leaving. “N-No! You can't go out there! Please...wait! Its...not safe!”

My voice either didn't reach her or she ignored my warning. I soon hear the creak of a door opening, followed by yet another scream, accompanied by barking. My eyes bolt open and I gasp, hearing the noise of that dog from before. I rush to my feet, forcing myself past the pain. I can't worry about my pain right now. I cannot let that dog attack her again!