- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Trent rushes out to the porch, to find his little guest in distress and in danger of getting hurt, again...

That sound is definitely not good, at all. That woman, who seems to be deathly afraid of me, just screamed and the dog is nearby as well. I just spent all of that time getting her cleaned up and safe from that dog. I'm not about to let her get attacked, all over again. I jump to my feet and sprint across the hallway, as fast as I can. I nearly trip and lose my right shoe on my way. I think about grabbing it, but I don't have the time. Every second counts, if she made it outside and that dog is there for more. A little inconvenience will be worth it if I can help her and get her back inside.

Making my way into the kitchen, I look around at the door, only to see that it is open and my guest is nowhere to be found inside. Oh, great. She must have already gone all the way outside and then saw the dog. I've got to hurry, in case that animal is attacking her again. Mere scratches were cuts to her. Who knows what that thing could do to that poor woman. I nearly limp as I make my way over to the door and look outside. Scanning the porch, I don't see anything at all, but I definitely hear more barking and more screaming. It's coming from the...left! I open the door and quickly look towards the left side of my porch.

The door clicks from behind me and it attracts the attention of both the woman and dog. I look and am almost shocked when I see what's in that direction. In the corner of the porch, against the house, is that woman, curled up into a ball and shaking. Just a few feet away from her, is that dog, staring at her and barking. It doesn't take long for the dog to lost it's interest in me and start barking at her again. With every bark, I hear a small whimper from the woman. She has to be incredibly scared right now. As soon as the dog starts to jump towards her, I run towards it.

That poor woman has to be scared out of her mind. She gets attacked by a ferocious dog, waked up to find me, whom she seems equally afraid of, leaves my house to get away, only to find that dog attacking her again? I cannot even begin to imagine what's going on in her head right now. I can't worry about that, though. All that matters right now is that I push myself forward and make sure that she doesn't get hurt even worse by this dog. I've always had a sense of protection towards the people around me, and this stranger is no exception to that rule. I can't just sit by as she gets hurt by this animal.

I jump into the dog's path, landing my body in the small space between it and the woman. The woman screams further as my body thuds on the porch, not bothering to open her eyes to see what's going on. The dog's face nails itself right into my back and it falls on it's side, making it's own little whimpering-like sound. Well, whimpering might not be the right terminology. It's more like both a whimper and a bark. I wince from the initial impact, but soon realize that it's been momentarily stopped, and have to take this moment to get her back inside. She might be afraid of me, but she's going to have to accept the fact that she's safer inside than outside.

I quickly wrap my arms around her stomach and pick her up, as if I were picking up a small child and pull myself up. I start moving back towards the house as she wakes up and starts pounding on my back, obviously from the fear she was experiencing. I stop for a second, as she screams down at me, in distress and trying to order me around. “Put me down, you big brute! Where are you taking me?!” She is always the rebel, it seems. Nonetheless, I can't let go of her. Putting her back down would be like me hurting her. I shake my head as I start to respond to her.

“It's not safe out here! We need you to get back inside. You're still injured, and I need to patch you up!” She, of course, didn't take this as an answer, at least until something else came along that helped to persuade her of the dangers that were lurking outside. From behind me, the dog jumps up and scratches it's paws on my back. Not seeing this coming, I fall onto my stomach, grunting as I hit the ground. The dog's nails start tearing up the back of my shirt as I hit the ground and it barks at me. My eyes shut for a moment, trying to deal with the blow and holding her high enough to keep my body from pushing down on her too much.

As the dog started barking and clawing at me again, she'd opened her eyes, seeing that I wasn't moving very much. Looking at both me, holding her too tight for her to get away from, and the dog, whom was barking and sending it's crimson-red eyes her way, made her start to take an action and go away from trying to constantly run away from this situation, taking the only option she could. “H-Hey! Get up! That thing's right there! GET UP!”

Taking a deep breath, as I heard what she said, I forced myself up, and kicked at the dog. As it was being shoved back, it bit into my ankle, letting out a mild scream from me. Taking my shoe'd foot, I kicked at it again, until it let go. As soon as it fell across the porch, I rushed over to the front door and ran inside, quickly yanking the door shut behind me, keeping the dog jumping at the door and not getting inside...