- Text Size +
Story Notes:

It's time for me to begin yet another new story. Unlike the last “GTS” story I have begun, Sandra's Big Change, this story won't have it's size-friendly plot elements known until a bit after the introduction/beginning is over with. Just bear with me for this. I was listening to music one night and got a huge idea. This isn't going to be an incredibly smutty story. It's going to be a huge story. At least, I want to make it huge, in the makings-of-a-world sense.

As far as subgenres go, I will add them to the Tags section of this post as I make them, but to start things off, I want to say that I'll be attempting to thrown in a little bit of everything, so long as it can be shown in a realistic sense. I'll be doing gentle, mean, etc. Bear with me and I hope you enjoy the story that has randomly created itself in my head.

Author's Chapter Notes:

The world has fallen at the hands of a mysterious wall of flames, strategically targeting various cities and world leaders. What will become of this world?

Flames soared through the skies of Cincinnati. The night sky was immediately brightened as explosion after explosion lit the skyline, as if the sun had woken early this day and was showing it's fiery illumination on the city. The towering skyscrapers of the city were falling, one by one, as the flames moved from district to district. The destruction was piling more and more as the flames moved and grew, soaring through the skies, like some sort of enflamed dragon, sent by a God of War or Discord, aimed to bring this city down. The war had finally found it's way to Ohio. It was finally time for it to fall, and a lonely boy stared out from the confines of a fallout shelter, seeing his homeland being ripped apart.

People screamed in the streets below, seeing a horizontal flash of fire, traveling across the sky. It passed through buildings, immediately slicing through them, sending rooftops and countless floors of employees, families, and children falling to their deaths. This flame's campaign of rage was never-ending. It left no building, no structure unscathed. This was how all of the attacks had gone, in the past. It was always the same effect. Wherever this wall of flames traveled, death and destruction always followed. There was no place it traveled that wasn't completely decimated.

Such was the nature of this flame, whatever it was. In that year, 2020, the world became the victim of a terrible evil, that flame. No one ever knew where it came from, where it was going, or if it would ever disappear from the world. In the early year, as soon as summer hit, it appeared in the skies above New York, it's first target. The fate of it had been gruesome, making the standards of every attack afterwards. It appeared at the city borders and traveled inside. Passing over at the height of 40 feet, according to reports, it ripped through everything. Although it was a single horizontal wall, no more than 5-10 feet thick, it decimated everything below as well.

The attacks left towns and cities demolished. Anything taller than the flames were immediately severed and sent to the ground. Everything below became the victim of some sort of ash that fell from this 'wall'. Some people suffocated while fleeing from it, and some were afflicted with sickness by radiation from this strange ash. Only those whom were able to reach what few fallout shelters existed in the cities were lucky enough to survive, unscathed. Because of the speed this wall, dubbed the Entity of Flames, or EoT, moved, only those who were already near or in the shelters were able to avoid the attacks.

EoT attacks always followed the same pattern. It appeared out of fog, passed through the surrounding area, and then disappeared into the same fog. For months, the U.S. Government tried to analyze the attacks and figure everything out. There was no pattern to the attacks, though. The attacks weren't limited to the United States. Within two weeks of the fall of New York City, EoT attacks had been reported all over the globe. London, Paris, Kyoto, Hong Kong, and many other major cities of the globe had fallen. The real reason behind them was highly speculated on by the US and the UN for some time. At least, until Washington D.C. Fell.

There were so many theories and speculations, from various leaders. Some thought it was some weapon, developed by terrorists. Some thought it was Russia, some thought it was the apocalypse, the end of days. Some even though it was the vision of Ragnarok, the Nordic apocalypse, which was shown having the EoF compared to the legend of the giant, Surt, engulfing the earth in flames. So many speculation hadn't hit the mark of what had really happened. No one knew the real cause, and only one person in the entire world knew. To everyone's perspective, the best guess was extraterrestrials, and even that was a little out-there. No one had ever confirmed what the cause was. Before long, there weren't enough leaders left to even begin that speculation.

After the fall of D.C., the president of the United States had fallen victim to the attacks. Normally inside the shelters, he was returning home aboard Air Force One, from a meeting with the UN Leaders. The EoF passed over as soon as he'd emerged from his plane. Secret Service tried to shield him as much as they could, but by the time they were halfway to the nearest shelter, they'd all suffocated from the ashes. After this, a string of attacks came through, attacking all of the UN leaders, effectively destroying any and all leadership left to the world. There was no saving or leaving of people, but it had seemed that the apocalypse had, indeed, come.

With no leadership left, the survivors of the attacks ran rampant. There were riots in what was left of the cities of the world. What authority figures were left had trouble in containing these issues. Underground tunnels were made into homes, the surface world completely covered in ash and radiation by November 2020. It wasn't enough to kill, in short time periods, but they couldn't live on most of the surface world. Not without side-effects. The human race was, effectively, forced underground because of this. There was no organization left to the world.

With no control left to the world, crime was as normal an occurrence as people would once expect to see the sun to come up every day. There weren't enough people, in each area of the world, to be able to control their citizens. Very few firearms were kept in the shelters, and those that were contaminated by the ashes of the EoT became completely unusable. Only what they could develop in the shelters could be used. With no artillery, there was no control. The world was heading to ruin, the human race for self-destruction. It was headed there, at least, until she appeared in the world, with all her towering and enticing beauty...