- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Isabella begins to tell Mark about this “her” character...

Mark had asked a big question. It was a question that he wanted to know the answer to, no matter what sort of answer he would get. This “She” person that the woman he spoke with kept referring to was constantly in his mind. The people whom he presumed to have brought him to this cell had also mentioned her. Whatever was going on, it seemed like whoever this person was, she had some sort of involvement with where he was, and why he was there. The woman in the cell with him might not hold the answers, but he wanted to see if she had any answers for him. He was still blind about a lot of things, and didn't want to stay that way.

“She...so, you really don't know who I'm talking about?” the woman asked, sounding curious. She was close to Mark. He could feel the little amount of heat that her frail body was producing, as it hit his own body. Her words went through his head and he just stayed silent. He nodded his head, or did an action that he hoped was nodding his head. He still couldn't see, so he couldn't be sure as to what, exactly, he was actually doing. For all he knew, he could have been shaking his head to the sides, despite it feeling right, to him.

“She is nameless, to the masses. No one really knows what her real name is. Some people call her Leader. Some call her Queen. Some simply call her as I did, by saying 'she' and 'her'. I don't know everything there is to know about her, but I will tell you what I know, what I've heard.” Mark could hear Isabella taking a breath. Her breath flowed down his neck, feeling a mixture of warm and cold. He was starting to feel goose bumps as he looked into the nothingness that his sight had been turned into. “She is the one who made everything right again.”

Mark's head went up. That confused him. The one who made everything right again? What went horribly wrong that needed to be righted? What did she mean by 'everything'? “Everything? Isabella...please, go on.” Mark didn't know what she meant. Did she mean when the world was under attack by the EoF? He, at least, remembered that much. The world he lived in was a result of that great entities attacks, decimating the entire world. It was why the surface was unsafe, too toxic to support life on a long scale. He waited for her answer, hoping to hear more.

Mark felt something pushing against him, from behind. It was Isabella. She was getting closer and closer to him, enveloping him in a hug, as tight as her frail arms could muster, as she talked. He would normally feel a little violated by having a stranger this close to him. However, he felt a little lonely and hurt right now. It wasn't Rachel, but that was okay. “After the world was virtually ended after the EoF attacks, all of the world leaders were gone, as you probably know. She came, literally, out of nowhere, and started reforming the world to the way it was before. Well, not exactly, but she came towards other government leaders and began to re-organize how things were.”

“Little is known about her.” she went on. “Many don't even know what she looks like. What we do know is that she was able to single-handedly gain the trust of all of the remaining governmental officials left in the country, and began to re-organize everything. People followed her, almost at a second-glance to her, so say the stories. Anyways, she is basically the leader of this country. The new President of the United States, so to speak, though she wasn't voted in. People basically just appointed her as their new leader. That's about all I know, on a political standpoint. On the point of this facility, however, there's a little more I can say...”

Mark didn't say a word. Isabella was in the middle of a long explanation of who this woman was. He wasn't sure he ever remembered some woman coming into power after the EoF attacks, but for right now, Isabella was all he had to go on. He was also blind, so he might have to rely on this woman for some things, while he was here. He just let her go on. “She makes regular visits to this facility. Some say she created it, specifically, for her high-end prisoners. High-end means, like, prisoners that she holds as more valuable or important than others. I'm not really sure of the specifics. What I do know, however, is that she comes here all the time, but never into this hall of cells.”

“Why not this hall?” asked Mark, finally curious enough to throw out a question. The fact that he was in a prison that the new “leader” of the world visited on a regular basis meant that there had to be a very good reason why he was here. Did this leader person want something, specific, with him? Part of his memory was fuzzy, but he didn't really think he had any information that would be valuable to her, assuming she wanted information from him. For all he knew, he could have committed some crime that he couldn't remember, against this woman. Only time would tell.

“No one knows for sure” said Isabella. “Some claim that she isn't allowed in this hall, for security purposes. You know...not wanting the prisoners to reach out and attack her or anything like that. Not all of the prisoners here are blind, like you are. I'm not. Others think of something else. Others have another theory that no one has been able to prove. They have a theory that she is not like normal people are. They think she is, well...different. They're just rumors, but people think she doesn't ever come into this hall because she can't...fit in this hall. They think she's too tall and big to fit inside this hall, that it's too minuscule for her to fit inside...”