- Text Size +

2. ER

" I have to drive, so Louise you're going to have to hold him until we get home." Elise reasoned holding out one hand to Louise for her to take the glove off and put onto hers.

" Huh home? Shouldn't we be taking him to a hospital?" Louise questioned.

" That's not a good idea, the last thing we need is someone turning this into a science expo." Elise rejected the idea, not wanting it to turn into some huge media affair.

" Oh em gee I could be famous!" Jenna excitedly claimed with a twinkle in her hazel eyes.

" Jenna shut up." Elise and Louise said at the same time.

Nodding at Elise's reasoning Louise took her mom's gloves and put them on and Elise carefully placed the small male into her hands. The trio of females then made their way to Elise's vehicle with Elise of course taking the drivers seat while Louise and Jenna sat in the back seats.

" Is everyone buckled in all tight?" Elise asked to the girls in the back, as they both nodded.

" He's so. . . .fragile. . .and thin." Louise softly said a little amazed that she had a boy in the palms of her hands, rubbing the sides of his frame a bit with her thumbs.

" Just be careful with him." Elise said starting the ignition to the car and took off driving out of the woods and heading through the roads. Meanwhile in the back Louise and Jenna couldn't keep their eyes off of the diminutive person in Louise's hands. The whole experience seemed like something that would happen in a science-fiction television show.

After fifteen minutes Elise finally reached the driveway of the house and parked her car. Everyone in a hurry opened their doors and got out.

" Alright I doubt he has much time left, so I'll need to do as much as I can." Elise spoke quickly, unlocking the door to the house.

" Uh oh, she's in medical mode." Louise said to Jenna as they walked in the door.

" Put the little person on the dining table, for lack of better options." Elise asked to Louise, while she fumbled through a closet filled with home medical equipment. Being a doctor Elise found it important to be prepared. Louise obliged to her mother's command and carefully placed the near dead patient back first on the table.

" Look how small it is." Jenna said staring at the male.

" Yeah, I've never seen anything like it." Louise agreed.

" He definitely won't be pleasing any girls with it." Jenna reasoned, nodding her head with her eyes closed.

" Yea- what! Is that all you're thinking about!" Louise snapped at Jenna shaking her head in shame realizing what she was really referring to.

" Okay you two stand back so I can work." Elise said coming back with a medical kit, and a new set of gloves on hands.

Louise and Jenna then took a couple of steps back to give her room, but still looking in to see her operate.

Elise opened her kit and started off by taking out several body disinfecting wipes to try and clean off most of the dirt from him especially the dirt that found it's way into his lacerations and bruises. This wouldn't be too hard of a task to do on a regular sized human, but at the subjects tiny few inches of height she had to be very gentle to accommodate for his fragile size.

" Geez, the poor thing looks like he got out of a fight with a grizzly bear." Elise said looking very concerned.

The girls continued to look on at Elise working. Next up Elise took out a container of ointment to help his wounds, she only put a small amount on the tip of her index finger, as she had to rub almost all of his body with it since he had bruises all over. Even having to rub some on his testicles and bottom.

By far the most difficult part was to bandage his body. Considering the bandages were far too big for him, the best she could do was tear off and cut the bandages until they suited his frame and cautiously wrapped them around most of his body, but he still would be flexible enough to move if he had to. At least he didn't need surgery, that would've been out of the question considering there would be no way he'd live through the blood loss at his size.

" Hm, I'm going to have to to do CPR to get the excess water out of his body. She had to be very careful not to apply too much pressure and leave him in worse shape than he started in. So Elise cunningly used her index and middle finger to press on the little body's chest and stomach for the next several minutes, to at least make his breathing easier.

Her efforts seemed to be for naught since nothing was happening. But, keeping her determination Elise applied more force to try and get results for several more minutes. Finally, the first signs of motion and life were displayed from the man as he started to reflexively cough out water wildly from his body. The sudden act even made Elise jump a bit. Louise and Jenna came closer to see as the person finally stopped coughing.

The trio all looked at him with brimming wonder as they all began to lean in closer, their figures all looming in over his frame. Much to all of their amazement their eyes widened as they started to see his eyelids cringe a bit and his body beginning to move a tad. This only meant one thing, that he was about to wake up.