- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The cheap motel appeared vacant, in one guestroom a dim light shone through from inside. The one bedside lamp was the only lit light in the room. Sitting on the bed was a man smoking a cigar. He was dressed in a trench coat and fedora hat. He had been there for some time yet didn’t remove either his hat or coat. He clearly didn’t want to stay in that room for too long. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. The man rushed over to it, first looking through the small viewing hole in the door to identify the visitor then unlocking it quickly.

“You’re late” the man snapped to the visitor. Despite this he held the door open for his guest to enter. In stepped a tall young man, visibly tanned with short dark hair and wearing a new business suit. He strutted into the room confidently yet his eyes constantly wandered around the room to ensure they were alone.

“There’s one thing you should know about me; I work at my own pace and by my own methods” the visitor stated confidently. He asked “so you enquired for my services?”

“Yes mister...?” the man asked unaware of his guest’s name.

“I would prefer that you just call me ‘Calvin’ for the sake of confidentiality. I’m sure you would not want me asking too many questions about you either” responded the visitor professionally.

“Right” the man said while shutting the door. He proceeded to the table and extinguished his cigar, and then he took a briefcase from under the bed and opened it up on the table. “You see I represent an organization that would be highly interested in your unique services. We’ve heard you’re the best in the business.” The man took out a number of photographs from the briefcase. They both looked over the photos. “So these are all your shots?”

Calvin looked over the photographs that had been printed onto paper. Each one was of a nude woman showing no sign of awareness to the photographer. “Yep, that’s my handy work” Calvin responded.  

“They’re so detailed, so revealing, and they get all the really juicy parts.” The man then asked “seriously quality stuff, but why are they always at low-angles?”

Calvin smiled and simply stated: “call it a signature of my unique approach.”

“How do you even get these shots without them knowing?”

“Sorry, that’s a secret of the trade” Calvin said.

“Right, well there is this one particular individual my associates would like photographs of. Her name is Nicki Minaj, I’m sure you’ve heard of her.”

“That short girl with the colourful hair? Sure, it’ll be done, for a good price that is.”

The man then reached back to the briefcase and pulled out some magazines. Inside there were pictures that matched the ones printed onto the papers on the table. “I’ll make it double whatever these guys paid you.”

“Done” Calvin said confidently. Intent to leave he turned away from the man. Then suddenly Calvin felt the man’s hand grip his arm.

“One more thing mister Calvin, under absolutely no circumstances can this be traced back to me and my associates” the man said sternly. Then he released his grip on Calvin’s arm.

“Of course” Calvin responded. “When I’m done I’ll call you on the number you gave me, shouldn’t take more than a week.” Calvin walked out of the room and into the parking lot.

The man sighed in relief and stuffed the magazines and pictures back into the briefcase. Then he looked back to the ash tray where he left his cigar.

“Hey, where’s my cigar?”

Calvin couldn’t hear the man say that from the guestroom, certainly not while he was lighting his newly acquired cigar in the parking lot. He took a long drag from the lit cigar, tilted his head up and let out a large puff of smoke. “Easy money” Calvin said before laughing to himself.