- Text Size +

I think on earlier in the day.  After the little episode with the toaster, Megan had brought me up to the bedroom and had me rest in the bed.  Always, when I get down on myself because of my position, she treats me like a sick child.  She put me in bed, pulled the covers over me, and told me to stay in bed and rest.  I could get away with this, since I was currently on vacation from my job.  It helped that I had a job that could be done with being smaller, thank goodness.  

She brought me breakfast and everything.  It was hard for me to just stay in bed, but she was convincing.  She had a tender, sweet side to her, and with a little wordiness, she could convince me to stay anywhere she wanted.  God, I was lucky.  Later, she brought me some toasted waffles on a small saucer which, to me, was the size of a normal dinner plate.  The saucer was one good thing about the conversion we were making.  

With being so much shorter and smaller, things were, well, bigger to me.  Damn near twice as big, actually.  Some people might say it's not that big of a deal.  Unfortunately, it is.  Sure, some things aren't bad.  I can still reach doorknobs and chairs, but I cannot do some essential things for day to day living.  I am not tall enough to drive a car, so I have a small motorized bicycle that I have to stand on to use properly.  Took a miracle to get that license accepted, too.  I can still use most technology, but being short just isn't as easy with a lot of things people take for granted.  

Back to earlier today, after she had given me breakfast, she had to head off to work.  She kissed me goodbye and promised to bring some food home for me to eat.  "Don't you even think about going near that stove again.  We can't have another incident with you.  I love you, but you over-worry me, and we will have problems, mister!  Just stay up here and play around with your tablet."  

She didn't have to tell me twice about that, either.  The first day this happened, I had the dumb idea of trying to fix dinner, like I usually did.  I had to pull a chair up to the stove to get it going.  I didn't account for how hard it would be.  The pans were extremely heavy.  So, I had a pan of hot water for making pasta.  I didn't quite make it back to the stove.  I fell over, and the whole thing spilled.  Megan came out of the bathroom to me screaming and covered in boiling hot water.  I still remember seeing the tears in her eyes, calling me stupid.  I am never going to try that again.  

Back to the present.  I am messing around on my tablet.  It is an iPad Mini, equipped with a Logitech Keyboard.  It is about the weight of a monitor in my lap.  Really, since it is so small, I can still use it.  With my smaller height, the ipad Mini is about the size of a desktop monitor, and the keyboard is actually about the size of a normal desktop keyboard.  It took awhile to get used to the "bigger" screen, but it really is like just using a big laptop.  A big heavy on my lap, but is definitely manageable.

So, today has been very relaxing.  Being by myself isn't exactly fun, so I have just been messing around with the tablet.  Sonic is a nice reprieve from the issues I deal with in life, especially now.  I finally finish up what I want to do with the game, and I get the tablet turned off, I hear the doorbell ring.  As I push the heavy sheets from my body, I hop down from the bed, a little confused.  I connect the buttons on the small shirt I am wearing and wonder.  

Who would be coming over at this hour?  As I walk out of the room, I notice that the clock says it is about fifteen minutes past 2.  "Megan doesn't get off work until 3:30.  She shouldn't be home already." I say to myself.  Unless it is someone else, which I don't really expect.  My family has already visited me from this happening.  Not a very pleasant experience, but they always call before coming over.  So, it could not be the family.  If not, then who would be coming over for a visit?  

I work my way down the stairs, having to hold onto the wall and nearly hopping down each step.  That is another disadvantage of this situation.  I just can't go up and down stairs the same.  I have to have support for that.  And, without Megan, the wall acts as my support. 

After getting down seventeen steps, I finally get to the main floor of the house.  I find myself breathing a little hard.  This was a workout for me.  The doorbell rings again and I yell "Coming!" to let the visitor know that I am aware of their presence.  Last thing I want right now is to have someone spamming our doorbell.  Oy, that drove me insane when I was 6 feet tall.  I am sure it will still drive me insane at 3 feet.  

As I finally get to the door, I reach up and turn the knob.  I pull open the door and pull it back towards the counter.  I can hear the other door open up as I do so.  Foot steps come in, and I hear the clatter of flip flops.  Weird.  Megan doesn't wear flip flops to work.  I come back around the door and I run into a figure.  After the initial impact, I look up and see a towering, familiar figure.  Above me is a tall, thin, blonde.  The hair was short on her, and she wore a pair of black glasses.  It was my co worker, Janet.  

"Oh, My GOD!" she nearly squeaked, as she saw me.  Her voice nearly rang in my ear from her scream.  "Ouch.  Calm down, will ya?  I mean, what are you even doing here, Janet?  How did you--"  My voice was stopped as a hand comes down from Janet and starts to pat me, touching my head, as if to see if I were real "W-What happened to you?  You're so...so little!"  

Oy, this is going to be a weird day...