- Text Size +

The Juice Box

 

She had been awake for around three hours now, it was pitch black wherever she was and her entire world rocked and bounced around. Nothing was familiar to her, though when she tried to think about what it was she WOULD find familiar she found her mind was a blank. She had no name, no idea where she was or why, or even if she was supposed to be here. All she could tell was that she was in a room of some kind with some strangely shaped objects which occasionally bounced off of her and then tumbled back away into the darkness.

 

The floors and walls were slanted and it seemed as she groped around in the black like there was some kind of large, spongy, flat object about her height but easily three times her width lying either along the wall or floor, she couldn't tell. Something very firm also kept bouncing into her now and then, it was like a post wrapped in some kind of sheeting and she could tell as it scraped by her occasionally that its ends were cut into sharp points for some reason. There was also some kind of uncomfortable wrap around her neck, it rubbed at her skin now and then but she couldn't remember why it was there so she wasn't sure if it was wise to remove it.

 

There was a constant deep scratching sound around her, like the room she was in was being assaulted constantly by some kind of heavy canvass being dragged around the outsides. It was loud, near deafening along with a variety of pounding noises like a huge hammer against the outsides of the walls. There was also the muffled echo of voices that sounded deep, yet far away. Sometimes there were only one or two exchanging in conversation but in the last few minutes it had risen to a jumbled cacophony of laughter and chatter.

 

Suddenly she was flung around again and in the darkness it felt as though the walls had moved to slam into her but no sooner had she been pressed flat into the wall everything stopped moving again with an enormous BANG and she fell back from the wall and tumbled to the floor, the big soft slab falling on top of her and pinning her heavily to the ground. The blow knocked the wind out of her but luckily there was nothing hard about the heavy slab, it simply folded over her, the soft surface crumbled slightly as she struggled beneath it and she felt large spongy rocks clump into her hair and tumble around the floor below her.

 

There was another sudden pull of g-force as the slab that rested on top of her began to feel like it had become twice as heavy. She felt it begin to smother her but then a fleeting moment of happy weightlessness overcame her as the ascent slowed. The floor beneath her suddenly lit up, hurting the woman's eyes as they fought to adjust to the brightness and then her stomach lurched again. Another loud BANG and a bone-jarring jolt came from under the floor and all went dark again. The woman moaned in pain, her eyes hurt, all she could see was spots in her vision and her body hurt from the various impacts that seemed to be throwing her room into chaos.

 

From behind her, on the other side of the slab that lay on top of her came a loud cracking noise then an odd peeling sound and the flurry of muffled voices became louder and clearer. It sounded like people chattering, other girls talking excitedly. She wanted to call out, to ask for someone to help her out from under whatever it was she was under but something told her to be still. To be quiet. Her instincts told her to wait and listen to what was going on, the voices seemed far too loud, like the people talking were speaking in normal voices but the volume of it made it sound like they were stood right by her head.

 

The woman's senses were confused and telling her hundreds of different things at once trying to figure out what they were receiving until the light returned, this time from one side of the slab as she turned her head to see who was helping her from under it but she only saw four huge fleshy coloured logs being slid beneath the edge of what she could now see was some kind of white crumbly block, but as those logs got closer the woman's breath caught in her throat. The logs were not logs, she could see now the light glinting dimly off of finger nails as the tips of the massive fingers pressed deep into the spongy surface and began to lift it away. There was a rush of cold air and the light flooded all around her now as the slab was lifted effortlessly away from her body. Rolling over she saw it lift hundreds of feet into the air, as it got smaller and smaller into the distance her eyes refocused and what she saw made her jaw drop.

 

Towering above the frosted walls of her now roofless room was the upper body of a girl, probably around 13 years old. She was sat in another room, this one with an impossibly high ceiling, like it was the sky itself but further away. She wore some kind of uniform, a grey sleeveless cardigan, a white short sleeved blouse beneath it and a dark green badge on her chest with some kind of blue emblem on it. The girl was round faced with rich brown hair tied up into two pigtails, her sparkling green eyes stared back at the little woman as she lay staring up.

 

Her heart skipped as she realised the girl was looking directly at her, keeping those large green eyes locked onto hers as she took a very deliberate bite of what the small woman could now see was a sandwich as she watched the young giantess' mouth work over the mouthful. The small woman was about to scream, to panic at the sight of something that had so easily overwhelmed her entire body being manhandled and so casually eaten by this gigantic young girl. Her panic however was suddenly offset by a warm smile, the girl was smiling down at her and to her surprise she found her senses relaxed almost instantly as her heart beat began to slow back to a normal rate.

 

The small woman got to her feet, still gazing fixedly up at the girl above as the strange tag around her neck swung round to lay against her front and she saw it was some kind of label. Taking hold of it she looked at the writing, but it was only vaguely familiar, like she knew the language, but couldn't remember how to read it. She tried to read out the letters to herself, whispering softly in the din of chatter that went on around her

 

“T....E....A....R H....E....R....E” She spoke aloud, her brain furiously working to make sense of what the letters meant as she tried to read them phonetically instead

 

“Tee-arr... Heh-reh? H...herr-ay?” She couldn't work out how to read the second word, but she decided the first word sounded quite pleasant.

 

“Tee-arr.. tee-yah...Teah... Is that my name? Teah? Am I.... some kind of pet?” The woman wondered aloud to herself as she looked about her surroundings then back up to the young girl that still sat so huge above her.

 

The girl was finished with her sandwich and she reached back down to the room the small woman was stood in. Teah thought she was reaching for her and her heart fluttered again, she wasn't sure how she felt about being a pet, was she treated kindly? She didn't feel unhealthy, and as she looked over her naked body she wasn't skinny or bruised, but as she wondered all of this the large yet delicate-looking hand bumped her easily out of the way and carried on past. The fingers grasped the wrapped thing Teah had felt bang into her with the sharp edges, it became apparent it was simply a chocolate biscuit in a plastic wrapper, the realisation sending her mind reeling once more as she realised how small and weak she was.

 

Perhaps being a pet was a good thing? it would mean she was protected from a world she clearly wasn't built for, but why was she here, and why in this tub? She wished she could remember something, ANYTHING before waking up in the dark, in this... lunch box. As she struggled with her thoughts the blue sheet of plastic from the biscuit landed back into the tub next to her, the scent of chocolate filling the air around her for a brief moment making her mouth water. She instinctively stepped towards the wrapper to help herself to some of the melted chocolate stuck to the inside of the wrapper but flinched to look up as she noticed a shadow coming over her.

 

The young girl reached into her lunch box and wrapped her fist around the little woman, her small hand leaving her shoulders and legs exposed as she lifted her out. Teah's body sunk into the soft flesh of the girl's hand until her arms were squeezed tight against her sides. She was uncomfortably squashed and her temperature began to rocket in the humid grip of the fist but at least she could still breath. Her stomach lurched as she was pulled up to the heights of her young owner's chest, the sudden halt causing her eyes to bulge slightly. She panted for a second to catch her breath before looking about her wearily.

 

All around her were other children all chatting and eating at a long wooden table, and around that table were other tables with other children of different ages. The room was enormous to Teah, and seemed to stretch for miles upon miles of people around tables. Her jaw hung down as she looked wide-eyed around her until a comment caught her attention.

 

“Awww, lucky! I love those but my mum only gives me the capsules, we only get those as treats.” A blonde girl said, her blue eyes fixed on Teah as she placed what looked like some kind of blood red grapes into her mouth.

 

Teah noticed as the blonde girl opened her mouth she had surprisingly large fangs, but as soon as she had seen them the girls mouth snapped shut on the grapes and they were gone again. A shivver went through her body, she suddenly felt cold despite the clammy heat of her owner's hand and something in the back of her mind told her there was something deeply wrong. She turned to look at the girl holding her, there was a smile on her face, and there they were... those same elongated fangs and that same feeling of dread and panic began to overtake her as she began to wriggle in the tight fist.

 

“Yeah, I love them, they're so much sweeter than that packaged stuff.” Said the girl holding the small woman.

 

Teah began to whimper and struggle, suddenly she knew she was in danger, she knew she shouldn't be here and she knew she had to get away. Then the blonde girl spoke again.

 

“You better open it soon, they go everywhere when they get excited like that, they're like fizzy drinks!” She said laughing at her own joke, her teeth and tongue stained with the claret of the small orbs she was eating, the other girls around them all laughed seemingly knowing what she meant by her comment, Teah's owner joining in with the laughter before agreeing with her.

 

“Yeah true.” She commented simply before her gaze came back on Teah, but not really looking at her as HER, but more-so just gazing towards her, like she was a thing, an object.

 

The girls free hand came towards Teah, who kicked and wriggled and screamed until those delicate but powerful fingers came down around her head, muffling her screams and compacting her neck painfully downwards. The fingers slipped around her head like pythons, their iron grip tightening until Teah's features were crushed to her skull, her jaw bent awkwardly in a silent scream as her air and light were completely cut off. Her head was bent backwards without an ounce of difficulty until she was sure it would have touched her spine were it not being squeezed painfully in the girls other fist. Then the fingers twisted.

 

Crick....Crick....Crick.... CRACK.

 

Teah felt her head being twisted round and round and round, her neck clicking sending red hot embers of pain down her nerves till suddenly there was a wet crack and everything from her neck down went numb...

 

She could still feel the fingers tightly wrapped around her skull, her broken neck twisted freely about as she felt herself still being manipulated in the young girls fingers as everything began to go dark, her neck looking like a rag being wrung out until with a final rip like wet fabric being pulled apart the little things head came free, her body spasming and her dangling legs twitching and making a sad imitation of kicking at the air until the small woman's body was brought to the lips of the girl, who opened her mouth and shoved the bloodied shoulders inside.

 

Her fangs sunk into the fleshy juice box as she let the deliciously sweet, warm blood flow out onto her tongue which danced happily at the taste, mixing the 'juice' with her saliva and begining to lap at the opening to catch the flow. Her fist squeezed harder, causing the juice box to emit a few cracks and pops as ribs and arms were crushed together, the small woman's body simply squished like a sponge within the fist of the young girl. She let out a small humm of pleasure at the taste of the fresh juice washing down her throat, teasing her friends who sat jealously wishing they too had a juice box with their lunches.

 

As the girl folded the small woman's legs up and tucked the lifeless body into her fist there was one last series of cracks and snaps as she gave one final good squeeze. Crushing the body into a mangled ball she made sure to get the last drops out before giving a sigh of refreshment and tossing the crumpled thing back into her lunch box along with the cap she had torn off to open it. She licked some of the spilt juice off of her hand as she put the lid back on the plastic tub. Then, hearing a bell from the school corridor, she packed her lunch box back into her backpack and headed back to class with a smile.

 

Lunch had been fun today!