- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

 

 

 

 

Clothed in nothing more than the small black T-shirt clinging to her nubile body, a pair of navy blue denim shorts, and sunglasses with exceptionally dark lenses, the woman travels onwards through sandy desolation over dune after dune. The desert stretches on endlessly in all directions as far as the eye can see.

 

Her powerful legs, long, tanned, and toned, propel her stride. Each long, graceful step she takes sweeps air through her light brown hair, lifting it gently away from where it otherwise rests on her person, draped over her shoulders and hanging down along her back.

 

Her bare feet sink into the sand as she walks upon it, a small piece of the desert compressed beneath her silky pale soles with every step. Countless grains are swept up forcefully and made to flow between her toes as they slightly part, splaying outwards to better drift through the sand.

 

The light of the setting sun sparkles off of her toenails, each one meticulously adorned in a gorgeous purple polish. Though still quite humid, the temperature of the air begins to gradually cool down as the inevitable passage of time slowly turns day into night while the woman continues traversing the barren terrain.

 

Beyond the final dune she passes over, something in the desert ahead finally reveals itself to the woman, towards which she trudges onwards, keeping a steady pace.

 

The hive is abuzz with life as the woman draws nearer. The ground ahead is teeming with insects as they patrol the perimeter of their shelter. The swarm of terrestrial bugs is spread thin, covering a large area of sand surrounding the structure from which they enter and exit at will, going about the routines of their lives within the colony.

 

Insects capable of flight launch themselves from the ground and enter the air, through which they soar as the distance between themselves and the approaching woman steadily dwindles.

 

Lights flash on the surface of the hive itself, as well as all around its perimeter and on the tips of pole like structures sticking forth from the ground. Lights even flicker on the bodies of the insects, both the ones on the ground and the group that has taken flight. This gives rise to a revelation.

 

They aren't insects at all, and the structure they populate and surround isn't actually a hive. Here, in the middle of this barren desert, a secret military base has been constructed. It houses thousands of men and women whom have been stationed within it, as well as a large fleet of vehicles.

 

On the ground, a crew of several large treaded vehicles with sweeper-like contraptions fixed to their fronts travels in straight lines, revealing as they go a previously hidden yet enormous helipad-like surface which they work to quickly clear of sand. They complete their task and drive away through the sand. Just as they do so, the massive woman plants both of her gigantic bare feet down onto the surface they have cleared for her.

 

The woman stands completely still on the platform. Tiny vehicles, even the largest and mightiest of them amounting to nothing more to her than children's toys, scurry around at her feet, going about with their business at the base.

 

A Chinook helicopter chugs through the air. Just below it, airlifted in via the titanium cargo hook is a humongous pill. The vehicle rises and stabilizes itself. It hovers directly in front of the woman's face, its reflection visible in the black lenses of her enormous sunglasses. The woman carefully raises her right arm and positions her hand beneath the helicopter. The Chinook deploys its cargo, dropping the white capsule down into the soft flesh of the massive woman's palm.

 

The woman takes the capsule into her mouth and swallows as the helicopter begins flying away from her towards a helipad enclosed within the fence around the base where it will land.

 

Four trucks with heavily advanced pieces of technology mounted into the backs of each of them drift through the sand. The drivers of each vehicle bring them to a stop, positioning them in the four corners around the outside of the platform on which the massive woman's feet still stand.

 

Controlled remotely from somewhere inside the base, the devices are brought online and their barrels are aimed upwards and towards the woman. They each produce a loud whirring sound as they charge up before emitting a bright green laser which hits the woman.

 

The energy emitted by the devices has no effect on organic life unless a very specific amount of certain ingredients are present within the subject's anatomy. In taking the pill just moments earlier, the woman has ensured that the lasers will indeed have an effect on her body rather than just her articles of clothing.

 

The green lights glow even brighter, collectively wrapping around the woman's body. She begins to rapidly decrease in size. Within seconds, the machines are finished. They power down, returning to their silent state as the trucks carrying them drive away, kicking up sand behind their tires as they go.

 

The woman remains standing on the vast platform, now just as tiny and vulnerable as any of the other men and women stationed at the base after having been stripped of her immensity.  

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Thanks for reading. I hope it was somewhet enjoyable. Let me know what you think. I'm so bad at math but for anyone wondering this sort of thing for reference, I'm pretty sure the size I was imagining her at would be at least 500 feet tall.