- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm really sorry for not updating for a while. I've been really busy with other work I've had to do. I haven't forgotten about this story, and I'm really exited about it. However, I have no idea when the next chapter after this one will be released. 

I was absolutely terrified at this moment. I was being held by a girl more than 10 times my size.  I had no idea what she was going to do with me. I didn’t want to think about it.

“Wh-What are you?” the girl said nervously.

“I-I’m a human” I said, “Only I’m the size of a small toy.”

“But how?” she asked, “Humans aren’t normally a few inches in height.”

“I know.” I replied, “I’m normally the size of a regular person, but I got shrunk.”

“How?”

“I don’t know. I just woke up here on the counter, and suddenly, I’m shrunk.”

“Why were you hiding for me?”

 “I was, well, I was umm……..”

“Scared?” she finished.

I nodded. 

“Well, I can understand that. If this were to happen to me, I would be terrified too. Being so tiny in a world where everything is huge and anything can kill you in a split second.”

It was then that everything about my situation just hit me right in the face. I was only a few inches tall. I was just an insignificant little being. Anything could instantly kill me in an instant. Even the girl that was holding me in her hand could by simply clenching her hand into a fist and crushing me. My life could be ended in a matter of seconds and there would be nothing that I could do to stop it. The thought absolutely terrified me. 

Another thing that should be noted about me is that I suffer from anxiety problems. I've suffered through them my entire life. I can get really nervous or anxious about some things or changes that happened in my life. When I was a kid, my dad would normally help me through these situations and make me feel better. But then when he died, they started to get worse. My mom finally took me to a Psychiatrist  and prescribed me some medication that would help with anxiety. It helps a bit, but anxiety attacks can still happen from time to time.

This was one of the worst ones I've had in a long time. I had never felt an anxiety attack like this one before. My entire body was shaking from head to toe, I started feeling really cold, my breathing started increase and goose bumps appeared all over my body.  I lost my balance and fell on the girl's soft palm and just laid there, shaking and crying and worrying over my insignificance. Except this time, I really did feel insignificant.  

The girl looked horrified at what she was seeing. She looked like she was about to cry herself. Then she started to slowly stroke my back with her other index finger and tried to calm me down.

"Shhh, it's alright," she whispered, "I'm sorry about what I just said. I'm not going let anything happen to you."

I started to catch my breath and tried to calm myself down, but the horrible thoughts were still stuck In my head.

"No....No you're right" I mumbled, " Look at me. I'm only a few inches in height, I'm hardly a human anymore. I could die and nobody would miss me at all."

"Don't say that." the girl sternly said, "You ARE still a human. Remember, a person's a person no matter how small.  You matter to people. You matter to me. And that's why I am going to help you get through this."

I could feel myself calming down and  started to regain my composure. I stood up and looked up at the girl's  massive face. She truly was a sight to behold. Her blue eyes gave a concerned look to me, and she started to smile that would make you happy no matter what you were feeling at the moment,

"Sniff...Thank you," I said, "I needed that."

"Don't worry about it little guy." the girl said. "By the way, do you have a name?"

"Oh yeah, My name is Charlie."

"I'm Ashley, but most people just call me Ash."

"Thanks again Ash," I said, "I don't what I'd do right now without you."

Ash blushed a little bit.

"No worries." she said, "Anyways how exactly did you get shrunk?"

"To be perfectly honest, I really don't know."

"Well, let's see. What happened to you before all of this happened?"

I didn't really want to tell Ash that I broke into her house right at this instant, so I decided to buy some time.

"Sigh, It's kind of a long story." I said.

"OK, we can talk about it later. In the meantime, I gotta eat some dinner, so why don't we get to know each other. "

"Oh......Oh........AACHOOO!" I sneezed, "OK."

"You alright?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, I think I got a cold or something." I responded.

"Poor guy," she consoled "Being shrunk AND having a cold. You just can't catch a break can you?"

"Heh, guess not." I chuckled.

"Did you want anything at all to eat?"

"Yes please, I'm actually a little hungry."

Ash lowered her hand onto the counter and I exited her palm. She when over to the microwave and got her dinner and silverware.

"I hope you like leftover chicken!" she said cheerfully.

Ash set her plate down on the counter and pulled up one of the stools and sat down.  She took her knife and fork and cut off a piece of chicken and nudged it to the edge of her plate.

"Is that enough?" she asked?

"Yeah." I responded

To Ash, this was a pretty small slice off of her meal. To me, this was pretty huge! It was almost the size of me! And then I realized that regular silverware was too large for me and there wasn't any around at my size. So I would have to eat this chicken with my hands. Oh well. I ripped off a chuck of meat and stuffed it into my mouth. It was a little dry coming out of a microwave and having a stuffed nose made it harder to taste, but it was still pretty good. After we had both eaten for a few minutes ,Ash wanted to talk for a bit.

"So tell me about yourself Charlie." Ash pried. "What were you normally like before, well, this happened?"

"Well," I said trying to gather my thoughts, "I was about to finish up my first year at the community college."

"Really? Me Too!" Ash exclaimed.

Now I remembered her!

"We were in the same Intro to Film class together right?" I asked

"Oh yeah, you're right!"

"Yeah, I remember you having really cool final project on Sam Rami."

"Thank You, yours was good too."

"Thanks."

We chatted for a little bit about school and friends and other stuff until we were about full. Ash took her plate and silverware and placed them into a dishwasher.

"Whew, I'm beat." Ash said

"What time is it right now?" I asked.

"2AM."

"Wow, I'm never usually up this late."

"Me neither. Let's go to my room."

"OK."

Ash reached out her giant hand and attempted to grab me, but I flinched and jumped back a bit. She stopped and gave a confused look.

"What's wrong?" she asked

"I just....don't feel comfortable being grabbed by someone." I said a little embarrassed.

"Oh, that's OK." She said as she laid an open palm down on the counter

I hopped onto Ash's palm and she raised it up and started to walk out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I had explored the ground level and the basement of the house, but I didn't get to look around upstairs before I was shrunk. As she passed by a door she gave a call to the other person in the house.

"Alright, I'm going to bed now dad!" Ash said

"OK, good night darling!" called a voice from the other side of the door.

"Good night!" Ash replied back.

We continued down the hall until we got to Ash's room. When she opened the door and turned on the light, I was stunned.  This didn't look like a girl's room, it looked more like a guy's room. For starters, the walls were lined with posters for stuff guys like. There was a Ferrari Poster, a long poster of a supermodel,   movie posters for movies like Robocop, Army of Darkness, Blade Runner, and Spider-Man, and Video Game posters for Left 4 Dead, Uncharted, Zelda, and Mario. There was a large desk with a large monitor and some large speakers connected to what looked like a really powerful and expensive computer.  There didn't seem to be a dresser anywhere in the room. The bed was a huge, not just to me, Queen sized bed with some dark colored sheets, and a night stand off to the side with an alarm clock.   

"Are you sure we are in your room?" I asked.

"Yup, this is it!" Ash responded.

"Well, judging by the decor, you are my new best friend."

"Aww, thanks." she blushed, "Although this wasn't always my room. It used to be my brother's until...."

Ash stopped talking mid sentence and looked nervous.

"Until what?" I asked.

"It...It's a long story." she responded.

"Alright, we'll talk about it later."

"My old room is effectively a giant changing room and closet."

"Huh, that must be nice."

"I guess." Ash sighed, "In the meantime, I'm going to get you a bed of sorts ready and get myself really for bed as well. Do you mind waiting here on the night stand?"

"Not at all." I responded

"Great! I'll be back in a few minutes."

Ash let me off on the night stand and then went through a side door that looked like it connected to a bathroom and the other room. As I sat there, I contemplated my situation a little bit more. I still didn't really know how I got shrunk or whatever mysterious being brought me to this house and shrunk me for some unknown reason. Ash said that she would help me in any way she could, but what really can she do? She can at best make my shrunken situation better, but how would we find a way to un-shrink me and figure out what brought me here? I didn't really want to think about it now. I was tired and worn out after not only being shrunk, but running around in the middle of an intense storm beforehand.  

After a few more minutes, Ash came back into the room wearing a black t-shirt and dark blue pajama bottoms. She was carrying a pink colored pillow and a small fabric cover as a sheet of sorts. I'm guessing this was going to be my bed for a little while.

"Will this be Okay?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, this will be perfect." I yawned.

"Sorry about the girly colors."

"Nah, don't worry about it. I'm lucky to have any sort of bed at my size."

Ash smiled. "Well don't worry. We'll get you back to normal in no time. I'll do whatever it takes."

"Ash, you have no idea how grateful I am for what you are doing."

"Don't worry about it. I don't want to see anybody be suffering. Now since my night stand is a little small, I'm going to put you on my desk. That sound good?"

"Yeah, that's good."

Ash lowered a hand on the night stand and I hopped on. She then set me and my makeshift bed down on her desk. I hopped onto the pillow and got under the sheet and laid back.

"Comfy?" she asked

"Yup." I responded.

"Ok then."

Ash then lowered her face toward my body. I flinched a little bit, because who wouldn't flinch from a giant face coming right at you. Then she did something I did not see coming at all. She kissed me. My reaction was of joy, but apprehension. I have never had a girl kiss me before. I guess this was my first kiss of sorts.

"Good night little guy." Ash whispered and winked at me as she went to shut off the light.

"Good night." I replied back.

The light went off. Darkness filled the room. Time to get a good night's rest.