- Text Size +

About an hour or two had passed since we had found the "steep" photo. Ash changed into normal clothes, and then we went to her computer to do a little research on what we had found. Sadly, we didn't find anything.  We did a sweep of the outside of the house for anything. Again, nothing. Finally, we decided to take a break and rested for a while.

"Sigh, we're going to need help if we're going to figure this out." I finally said.

"I'm inclined to agree," Ash replied, "but I don't want just anyone seeing you in this state. You don't know how they will react."

“What about your dad? Can’t we get his help?”

“Not the best idea. My dad’s a little insular and doesn’t really trust people he doesn’t know very well. And if he were to find out that a little person was sleeping in the house and he didn’t know about it, he might not take it very well.”

"Hmm, you may be right, but we’re definitely going to need help from someone we can trust."

I thought about it for a while and then it hit me.

"MARK!" I shouted.

"Who?" Ash asked.

"Mark is my best friend in the world. I was at his place before all of this started. He's someone I can trust to help us."

"Great!" she replied, "Because I think I also know someone who can help us."

"Who's that?" I asked suspiciously.

"My best friend Kat. She knows this area better than anyone. We'll see if she can help us."

I didn’t know what to think. I don’t want to reveal myself to just any old person, I not sure of what they would think of me or do with me. But if Ash thinks that this person can be trusted, then I will trust her as well. At least for now.

"Umm, OK." I finally said.

“Great!” Ash exclaimed. “I’ll text her right now!”

“And I’ll give Mark a call too. Let me just-“

But then I realized it. It was only just now that I realized it. My phone and my other belongings were gone. I knew that I had my phone, wallet and flashlight with me before all of this happened, but now they were both gone. I noticed that someone, or something, managed to put my shoes back on before I shrank. Could they have possibly taken my pocket items as well?

In any case, I didn’t have my phone. Though I doubt that it would even work at my size. So I waited until Ash was done using her phone to text her friend, and gave Mark a call.

“Hello?” Mark answered.

“Hey Mark, it’s me.” I replied.

“Charlie? Dude, where have you been? I’ve been trying to get in contact with you ever since you left my house last night. Did you make it home OK?”

“Errm, it’s a long story.”

“What do you mean? Where are you?”

I told Ash’s address.

“You’d better come and see for yourself.” I told Mark, “You probably won’t believe me if I told you over the phone.”

“Alright I’ll be right over.” Mark answered. “See you then.”

“Alright, bye.”

I hung up the phone and sighed. But then I thought about something else.

“Hey Ash?”

“Yeah?” She replied.

“I gotta ask you something.”

“Sure thing, little guy. What do you need?”

“When you came home last night, did you happen to notice A silver car on the side of the road near the start of your driveway?”

“I don’t think I did. Was that your car?”

I nodded.

“Oh no,” she said, “Do you think somebody stole it?”

“Yeah, it was probably whoever, or whatever did this to me and stole all of the belongings I had with me at the time.”

“Wow, this whole thing is getting weirder and weirder.” Ash said to herself

We spent about 20 more minutes researching when the doorbell finally rang. Ash told me to stay put on the desk as she went to get the door. I sat down waiting and wondering weither it would be Mark or Ash’s friend Kat.  A few seconds later I heard distant footsteps coming down the call. Then I could hear voices on the other side of the door.

“Now remember,” I heard Ash’s voice say, “Do not freak out when you see this, and don’t make any quick or sudden movements. OK?”

“Sure, Sure.” I heard another feminine voice say, “Just show me what you’ve got already!”

The door slowly opened as Ash and another girl Ash’s age walked in. I assumed that this would be Kat. Kat had beautiful long brown hair, with brown eyes, a pink T-Shirt, and a pair of shorts. She was looking around the room in all directions looking for something.

“Well, where is the thing you’re going to show me?” Kat asked

Ash pointed to me at her desk, and Kat’s eyes darted toward me. I was completely frozen. I didn’t know what she was going to do, so I remained still. Kat gave me a confused look.

“What is that?” She asked, “Some sort of toy?”

Ash nodded to me signaling to get up and tell her what I was. I didn’t really want to, but I decided to get up, walk towards Kat.”

“Uhh, Hi Kat.” I said kind of nervously.

Kat’s jaw immediately dropped. She was currently in awe the same way Ash was when she first found me.

“Are-Are you human?” Kat asked nervously.

I nodded.

“Oh-My-God.”

Then, before I could react, she quickly grabbed me off of the desk. She was too quick for me to dodge of the way. I was now wrapped around Kat’s large hand. She had a very tight grip, and it was enough to keep me from moving and nearly impossible for me to breathe. I was freaking out right now. I didn’t know what to do. My body just completely froze in fear and pain. Kat then brought me closer to her face.

“Aww, isn’t he the cutest thing you have ever seen!” she said in a sweet voice.

I tried to yell at her to put me down, but my lungs were being crushed right now and I could barely speak. I was starting to get one of those panic attacks again. If this girl didn’t free me right now I would be doomed.

“Kat, what are you doing?” Ash asked.

“I’m just looking at him that’s all.” Kat responded.

“Put him down right now!” She said sternly, “You’re hurting him!”

 “No I’m not, I’m just holding him.”

I was barely getting breaths in right now. If I were held like this any longer, I might pass out.

“Kat, give him to me NOW!” Ash demanded.

“Oh, alright.” Kat conceded.

Bless you Ash.

She released her hand and I fell a short ways onto Ash’s open palm. I was finally able to breathe again, and let out a few coughs. I regained my breath, but my body was still sore all over. I lay down on Ash’s soft palm, and looked up at Kat. I gave her an angry look, and managed to spit out a few words.

“Don’t….grab….me……again!”

I backed away from her as my body was still shaking.

“God damn it Kat, what did I just tell you?” Ash yelled, “I told you not to make sudden movements, and now you’ve gone and scared poor Charlie half to death!”

“I…I didn’t mean to!” Kat responded with a sad look on her face. “I…I’m so sorry Charlie. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I promise I won’t grab you ever again. OK?”

I stood up, still very sore from Kat’s strong grip. I wanted to trust this girl, I really did. But based on first impressions, I didn’t want to be anywhere near this giant girl again. Especially alone. But she was Ash’s best friend, and we needed help in figuring this whole thing out. And if Kat acted out of line again, Ash would probably be there to knock her back in. So I decided I’d let this event slide.

“Sigh, alright.” I said defeated.

“YAY!” Kat said with a smile.

Just then, the doorbell rang again. That must have been Mark. We decided to head downstairs into the living room near the front door. Kat sat down on the couch, and Ash set me down on the coffee table right in front of the couch. Ash had to go get the door and let Mark in, so I had to be alone with Kat for a little bit. I wasn’t very happy about that, but Ash told Kat sternly not to touch me until she got back. Kat agreed, and Ash went to get the door.

We sat there looking at each other for a little bit. Ash answered the door and let mark in. I could hear them talking:

“Charlie gave me a call and told me to come to this address.” I heard Mark say, “ Is he here right now?”

“Yes, but….” Ash responded nervously.

“What happened?” Mark asked worriedly, “Is he hurt?”

“Not exactly. Come with me.”

Ash guided mark to the living room where Kat and I were. Ash introduced Kat to Mark, and then he looked around the room in the same confused manner that Kat did just a little earlier.

“Uhh, Is Charlie here or not?” Mark asked.

“Of course I’m here ya moron!” I yelled playfully.

Just then, Mark’s eyes darted to the coffee table and looked at me. Just like with Ash and Kat before him, Mark’s jaw dropped. He stood there just staring at me for about half a minute, blinking his eyes to make sure he wasn’t seeing things.

“Ch-Charlie is that really you?”

I nodded.

“Hooooly Shit!” Mark said as he put his hands on his head looking a little stressed, “How did this happen? What the hell is going on?”

“Yeah, I kind of want to know what’s going on as well,” Kat chimed in, “What really happened? How did you get so tiny?”

So I told Kat and Mark the story of how I found her house, how I found myself shrunk, how I met Ash, How she took me in, how much stuff we share in common, and some of the weird things that have been happening.

Damn, dude,” Mark finally said, “You’ve been through quite a lot.”

“Yeah, I know, and we still have no idea what any of this stuff means.”

“I can go to the library,” Kat offered. “I’ll see if I can find any information on the picture you guys found.”

“Sound’s good,” Ash said, “Now who’s hungry? I’m going to make some lunch.”

“Can I help?” Kat asked.

“Sure, you boy want anything in particular?”

“Nah, I’m good with anything.” I said

“Me too.” Mark followed.

Ash and Kat got up and walked into the kitchen leaving Mark and I alone for a little bit.

“You lucky bastard.” Mark said as soon as the girls were out of earshot.

“What?” I said confused.

“I mean, you got a smoking hot girl taking you in and befriending you. And you two seem to be into almost all of the same things, you should really go for it!”

“I dunno man, I’ve never really been good with girls, and I’m afraid I’ll just screw something up.

“Come on Charlie, this could be your big chance. She’s practically made for you!”

This came as a bit of a surprise to me. Mark was trying to convince me to ask Ash out. But I was still only a few inches tall! I didn’t exactly want to get romantically involved with someone who felt like a Titan at my size. That, and we had only just met yesterday. Though Mark was right about one thing: Ash was practically made for me. We share so many things in common, she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, and she’s been so nice to me by taking me in and being so gentle with me, and I don’t know if I can ever repay her for what she is doing.

“Alright Mark,” I finally said, “I’ll give it a shot, but only after this situation blows over. If it ever does.”

“It will man,” Mark reassured, “and trust me, you won’t regret taking my advice.”