- Text Size +

Tess had jumped down the branch the moment Isabell had turned away from her. Luckily, she landed in a shrub, so she didn't get hurt. Without looking back, she had made a run for it. Quickly, she dove into a garden of a nearby villa, and hid under another shrub. Tess prayed the giantess would think she had run down the street, and walk away while looking for her.

From her position, Tess saw Isabell's head, towering over the roof of the villa. The giantess looked around, her face getting dark.

"Where are you?" she boomed. "Where are you, bitch? Come out, or else...". Isabell kept looking around her, and finally walked away in the opposite direction.

Tess breathed a sigh of relief. She still felt the soft tremors of the earth as the giantess walked, but they lessened, indicating that Isabell was moving away.

Tess emerged from her hiding place and ran in the opposite direction, sometimes looking behind her. But Isabell was nowhere to be seen. As she, heavily panting, arrived in a shopping area, she thought of what to do next.

Tess noticed that everybody in Vienna already knew about Isabell. People were talking excitingly about her, and every store was closed. Tess had hoped she could hide in a store, but no, not a single one remained open.
She went for a subway, believing that Isabell would certainly not be able to get underground to search for her, but every entrance Tess checked out was filled with panicked people, who wanted to leave the city as quick as possible. Not a chance she could take the subway or even remain underground.

Tess walked aimlessly through the streets, halfway expecting Isabell to appear at every turn, until she arrived at one of Vienna's famous parks. It was the "Stadtpark", the "city park", famous for its beautiful trees, groves and flower beds.

Not knowing where to go, she selected another shrub with thick leaves and crawled under it.

Lying under the shrub and having time to ponder everything that had happened, Tess began to cry. She was spent. Isabell, a giantess, killing and crushing everyone and everything. Her boyfriend and parents dead. Her parents' home destroyed. It had to be a bad dream. But Tess knew it wasn't. It was all too real.

In the distance, she heard sirens. No doubt, firemen and police. The giantess, as she had seen, had not gone unnoticed, and the entire city was in panic. Tess decided to stay under the shrubs until Isabell was dead. Killed by the police or the army.

She rethought why Isabell did this to her. Sure, she had been teasing her, but that didn't justify all this murdering and destroying. Tess thought of Mike, who suddenly had stopped picking on her, and realized he'd never told her the reason why.

"Damn," Tess cursed softly. She was sad and angry. And although she didn't want to admit it, she was angry at herself. For being so mean to Isabell who, in that the giantess was correct, never did Tess any wrong. If only she could turn back time....

Tess' thoughts suddenly were interrupted.

Tremors.

Isabell was approaching!