- Text Size +

From out of the air something huge slowly descended upon Vienna.

It was pink.

It was full of ridges.

It was more massive than all of Vienna.

It was...

Isabell's big toe!

4 miles broad!

Tess couldn't believe its size. The spaceships of "Independence Day", hanging over the cities, were nothing compared to it. She saw Isabell's enormous toenail, so vast one could held a car-racing competition on it.

Isabell herself was no less than 250 miles tall!

The power, the might she possessed now was almost infinite. And she knew it.

"Now what do you say, Tess?" Isabell's awe- inspiring voice boomed all over the country. Tess saw avalanches rolling down various mountains, caused by the sound waves of Isabell's voice. The trees around her shook violently, and Tess herself thought her bones where turning to jelly by the huge vibrations. Even her teeth shook in her mouth.

"Look at me now! I am a goddess! Nothing, absolutely nothing can compete with me! I crush entire cities under my toes! The biggest trains and cruise ships are nothing but lint under my toenails! The largest building are like grains of sand.... and people.... they can live between my toes like mites! Ha! They can be glad the bacteria on my skin didn't grow with me. Imagine, the burliest men getting gobbled up by a single bacteria, who devours him like a mere snack. That is power!"

The giga- giantess still held her toe over the doomed capital. It cast a foreboding shadow over the entire area. But Isabell wasn't finished talking yet. Tess held herself against a tree, which kept shaking violently as the giantess spoke. Her voice alone could shatter mountains to sand.

"What is a hurricane to me? I wouldn't even feel it on my skin. The strongest gales could hardly move my hair. And an erupting volcano? For me, it is nothing but a spark on a small pebble. I could extinguish it under my pinky toe without even burning the callous on my skin. I am a natural disaster! I am the Earth-shaking goddess, who kills people by the millions! And you, Tess, you dare to give me a lip? YOU??? I'll show you to defy me! Watch!"

Isabell lowered her toe further towards Vienna. As it reached the ground, all of Vienna was obliterated within a split second. Crushed into nothingness with a sound as if Isabell had stepped on tiny glass fragments.

Tess nearly fainted as she saw the pandemonium before her. Isabell destroyed an entire metropolis, in Vienna lived more than 1,5 million people, with nothing but a single toe! She twisted and turned it, boring a hole in the ground of at least a mile deep. All of Vienna, the centuries- old city with all its contents, was gone.

"There," the giga-giantess boomed. "This is big. Your precious little city grinded into the ground with nothing but my big toe. Everything, every building, tree, train, car and person gone. The capital of a country is now nothing but a small piece of dust on the tip of my toe. And you thought you could hide from me, Tess?"

Tess saw the enormous toe rise from the ground. Where a couple of minutes ago Vienna had been, a deep crater remained. The entire city was gone. Tess saw the highways and railroad tracks running towards the former city being broken abruptly at the rims of the crater. She felt winds blowing from her back, to fill the vacuum Isabell's big toe had created.

Tess looked up for the first time, along the gargantuan foot, but saw nothing but the ankles and lower calf. Isabel was so vast, one could see only her calf, which turned into a blurry pink high up in the sky. She had to be in space with her head. Tess wondered how Isabell was able to breathe or even exist, but was interrupted by another thunderous pronouncement of the giantess.

"And now, turn the tablet I gave you on. I want you to see everything!"

Tess, shaking all over, retrieved the tablet Isabell had given her earlier that day from her pocket and turned it on. After half a minute, she was watching the news broadcast of CNN. Head swimming and nauseous, she witnessed the torture Isabell had planned for her to see as the giga- giantess left.