- Text Size +
'Hide and Seek'




A heavy duty, white Chevy Van, drove straight through the gathering crowd. People shoving around and moving away from the fence looked back and gave dirty looks...

.....women from everywhere, had arrived to witness this strange event.

The incredible spectical had taken place right there, in the city park, and everyone wanted to be there.

The large logo, (a big number '5') painted on the side of the van, usually gave them access to just about any situation, and a small opening quickly formed within the mass of gathering people.



Zena Maxwell, and her partner Tina, (whom was also her camera operator), climbed out of the large Van. Trying to push the crowd back, and open up a small space in front of the entrance to the city park.

They parked as closely as they could. Tall fencing, now surrounded the entire park, forming an impassable barricade; holding back the massive crowd that completely encircled the outside border of the park. The huge crowd of very curious women, had formed a secondary wall of colorful whimsicality.

Most of them, having never had an 'opportunity', to become involved with a man, or any male of their own species, desparately crowded around the city park near the scene of the crash site.
Just the simple act of actually getting to see one of them, was something that these wildly excited women just could not resist!




.....



Trying to get set up for another late breaking News cast, Zena and Tina scrambled around trying to clear out an area next to the main gate.

Tina, a spunky college intern, was much shorter than Zena. She had a cute face, and a little pug nose. Her cropped off, frosted bob of poofy black hair, gave her the appearance of being a lot younger than she actually was. She had a short, but stout little frame and her petite size was quite deceiving at first glance.

She was nearly 27 years old, and she looked like a freshman, in 'High School'...



The Citys Metro Police Department and the Federal Government's, 'Bureau of Scientific Affairs', had cordoned off the whole park. A tall, ten foot high chain-link fence, surrounded the entire grounds.

Dozens of uniformed officers were guarding every exit out of the twenty acre area, and nobody was allowed to pass without some type of identification proving that they were specifically involved with the government investigation.

Almost everyone, within walking distance had shown up though, and hundreds more had arrived after they had heard Zena Maxwell's story on the news; the strange, little, 'tinymen', and how they had crashed their little, miniature-sized, 'space-ship' right there within central park!

Giant women, with their giantess children, large groups of towering teenage girls, had swarmed around the barricades, which made it very difficult when the federal investigators finally arrived and took over the situation.

The three little men, that had already been captured, were quickly taken away to the downtown, Metro Medical Center and quarantined. Immediately taken in for an extremely 'through', physical examination.

Unsurprisingly, the news of this, had spread as well, and the entire hospital was severely 'over-crowded' with a largely desparate, but very, 'effeminate' group of curious mobsters.

Although, some weren't interested in the least. They could've cared less about any man, big or little....they would just as well have had them all 'sprayed' with some type of insecticide, then to allow such 'vile' little creatures to wonder around loose in their city.


However, most of the giant women 'were' interested,... and had left their jobs, stopped whatever they were doing at the time, to venture down to the city park to see if they could catch a glimpse of one these 'miniature space travelers'.

Most every woman was completely fascinated by this incredible realization...--"An actual 'real-live' Man... Only, six inches tall!"

It was obvious to everyone why they were there, and hordes of the gathering women, flooded the whole area, crowding around the tall fencing and clambering about along the edge, waiting for a chance to maybe 'capture' one of the miniature men!

The Federal Detectives, {Yes, they were are all female too... ;`)} wore long black coats, that hung down below their knees. There were several of them that had already shown up; the helicopter that they had landed inside the park, sat idle atop the grassy knoll just above where the tiny spaceship had crashed landed.

Marie watched from the coffee shop window. She could see the entrance to the city park, just across the street. Bright yellow tape had been stretched across the whole area, and a tall barricade had been set up. Big Brenda stood behind the counter, she and her two daughters, Elsa and Giselle, were getting ready to walk over and take a look for themselves.

The local police had blocked off the main street. Only allowing emergency vehicals and other authorized personel. The whole city block was soon crowded with hundreds of curious onlookers.

"We're going now, Marie. Hopefully we'll get some bussiness today. Look at this crowd out here!", Brenda yelled across the shop just before she stepped outside.

After Brenda, and her daughters left the shop, Marie locked the door and headed into the back room and turned on the T.V., she wanted to see if anything was on the news yet; what was happening...




Zena Maxwell stood in front of the gateway leading into the park. The side of the Channel 5 Van, clearly in view, she stood just to the side of the chain link fencing and waited for Tina to give her the cue...

Tina signaled with a slight wave of her hand,

"We're here at the scene of the crash site. The police have blocked off this whole area.", Zena began, as she slowly stepped back.

"...as you can see. A very large crowd has gathered here in hopes of getting to see one of our tiny visitors.", the camera widened out, and slowly panned to the left...

"Three of them have been taken to the hospital, and the search is still on for the remaining ones that still haven't been rescued. It has been nearly 48 hours since the discovery of the tiny ship, and more traps have been set up to try and catch the other little guys."

The camera sweeps across the crowd. Brittany and Becky are standing right next to Valerie and Ann and her mother are just arriving, walking up the pathway leading toward the gate.

The excitment building, as the crowd grows larger, more and more people continue to gather around.

Big Brenda, and her daughters tagging along walk quickly passed the camera, giggling at the excitment taking place all around them...

Elsa waves toward the camera, and blushes as she realizes that she will be on the news.


Zena continues,

"The President wants everyone to know that, we're 'not', trying to harm these 'miniature' visitors, and if anyone happens to capture one of them, they are to take him to the hospital, or turn him over to the police as soon as possable.", Zena speaks directly into the camera.

"So, if anyone has actually caught one of them,... please, don't try to hide him, just do the right thing and turn him over to the officers so that we can try and figure out where they came from...", Zena speaks informally.


"I know it would be just incredible to find, but,... we have to remember that we must think of them as 'aliens', and turn them in, so that they can be studied and placed inside a safe enviroment."



***



The federal investigators that had already arrived, had set up a large wall tent. Cindy Braxton, a first class officer, stepped out with her tracking dog...

She had brought the small dog specifically for this task. A Rat terrier, crossed with a blood hound,... the thing looked like it was at least twenty years old. It had a grey mouth and grey hairs sprouting out of it's ears like some weird looking Bat!

The small, excited little animal, moved very quickly. Instantly starting to work the moment that it's feet hit the ground. The dogs handler, Cindy, a tall red head with light blue nail polish, and large blue eyes, squatted down next to the little animal. She gave it a smell of an artical of clothing that had been taken from one of the captives, and it instantly began searching for the little people.

Her name was Cindy, short for Cynthia, and she looked like a gymnast wearing that tightly fitted nylon, and she stood dominantly above the small dog with a look of sheer determination.
Showing off her slight, muscular build, while wearing a tightly fitted, black nylon jump-suit; the first sight of her, an extreme impression...

Her red hair and blue eyes; a strong, square law-line; it was easy to see that she was in law enforcement!

She stepped back from the little dog, and all at once, it picked up the scent and it took off in the direction of the duck pond. Cindy quickly followed along, as the excited little animal suddenly turned toward the trash containers. The little dog went straight over to the large barrel and started to circle around it.

Then, it abruptly sat down, indicating that the subject of it's search had been found. Cindy walked over to the trash can and lifted up the lid, looking inside, she saw something that looked like a pair of little, tiny-sized pants, and a shirt...


She reached into the trash can and carefully picked the tiny clothing out. A small pair of boots, a camo shirt, and the pants were carefully recovered from the trash can.

Dumping out the can, the red headed woman began pouring the rest of it's disgarded contents out onto the ground. The dog swiftly inspected the scattered trash and found nothing else with the scent.

The woman placed the miniature clothing inside a plastic bag and stuffed it into her pocket. She pulled out her radio and turned it on,

"Black Dog, to Mother Hen." "Black Dog to Mother Hen", "Come in.....".

A scratching noise squelched from the hand held radio, followed by a clicking sound, then a womanly voice answered. _"This is Mother Hen, come in Black Dog,... 'over"

"Looks like one of the subjects, must have been captured.", she said.

"The dog found a tiny uniform inside the trash can. We're out here by this shallow pond. 'over',..".

A female voice answered, "Only one?"

"There were suppose to be three of them..., 'over.".


"Affirmative,...only 'one'. It appears, that the subject was caught, and stripped of his uniform,...'over".

"Well, keep searching. There 'were' suppose to be three of them, so we've got two more subjects. Find THEM!..... Mother Hen, 'Over, and out!".


***


After the short news cast featuring Zena Maxwell, Marie reached up and turned the television off, she closed all of the windows and locked up the coffee shop. Brenda had wanted her to stay there, and keep the place opened for another hour but there hadn't been any customers at all, and she just couldn't wait any longer... she just had to go over there and see what was happening!

She hung out the closed sign, and locked everything up. Since that she was there by herself, she would have to leave through the back door, and use the back alley way exit, to get out of the building. So she double checked everything, put the all the keys away, and headed out through the heavy metal door.

Nobody ever used the alley, and she hated walking through it,... even in the daytime. The dumpsters were always harboring a few rats, and Marie hated the filthy little vermin.

She had her purse slung over her shoulder as she locked up the back door. Making sure that it was locked, she hastily worked the door handle to recheck. Then, she quickly started to make her way past those stinking dumpsters.

Looking down the long alley, Marie caught her breath as she slowly stepped along. Wearing her silky flats, her silent walk was as quiet as the wind. Being extremely causious as she got closer to the dumpsters, she cringed, as she 'thought' that she had saw something moving around underneath the front edge...a pale looking, little thing...

She hesitated and squatted down to take a closer look. Staying perfectly still, and looking directly underneath, to her surprise, the sight of the tiny thing, as it was walking upright, and on two legs, caused her to take an even closer look.

It wasn't a rat. It was yet another tiny man, and he was dragging a dead rat by the tail!
Marie sat back on her haunches and watched, as the tiny little man hadn't noticed her, and he looked like he had just finished killing that large rat!

Just then, further back beneath the dumpster, she heard a tiny voice yelling in a squeaking tone of excitment,... it was another little man,...

"Two of them?,...", Marie thought...

...'everyone was over at the city park, and here 'they' were, hiding out in this alley'.

Made sence, they had managed to escape, and get out of there before the researchers had arrived!

Marie looked around. The quiet seemed strange, as everyone was all over at the park, and the deserted alley way behind all of the bussinesses on front street, being abandoned, seemed very much 'out-of-place' for a weekday.

She didn't want to scare them, so she just quietly watched the two men as they stood next to the dead rat. They were so tiny, that the rat looked to be twice their size; both of them together looked like a pair of little G.I. Joes, camo uniforms, and tiny little guns...

"Guns!", Marie suddenly, felt something sting the side of her ankle!

A muted popping sound came out from under the dumpster, "Snap,...snap...snap!"

Marie felt the stinging three more times! They were shooting at her, shooting her in the ankle!

She felt the stinging pain from the tiny bullets and she quickly stood up and stepped toward the dumpster,...

Without thinking, she had became so angry, that she shoved the side of the dumpster! Pushing it away, and causing it to roll backward!

The two little men paniced, and started running toward the drain pipe against the wall of the building behind. Their escape was suddenly blocked out, as a huge leather purse suddenly flopped down in front of them and covered the opening in the pipe!

Then, just as quickly, Marie reached down and snatched them both up; one in each hand, she grabbed them quick, and lifted them up off the ground...

"Got Ya!", she said.

"Let me Go! Let Me GO!", one of them screamed out in a tiny voice!

Marie saw the tiny gun in the hands of the squirming little man that she hand grabbed up inside of her right hand. He was trying to aim it up, ...at her.

Her angry reaction, quickly shaking him; caused him to shoot the gun out into the air. Several shots 'popped off', as she held him out away from her and violently shook him around like she was trying to shake up a can of soda!

She quickly squatted down next to her purse. The little man inside her left hand didn't have a gun, and she swiftly dropped him into her purse.

Then she used her free hand to snatch the gun away from the little guy that was trying to shoot her.

He was swiftly dropped inside her purse, along with the other little man, and she quickly zipped it closed!



*****~


~ Authors Note.


The next chapter will switch perspective. Replaying this scene from the tiny mens point-of-veiw. Starting with their initial crash, and everything that happen to them thereafter...

It might be a few days before it's out, so hang in there,... it's gonna be told totally from the miniature mens point of view.


*
Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a comment!

The next chapter will be somewhat longer, and hopefully a lot better...