- Text Size +
'Crashing at the Park'



Drifting in closer to the clear, blue 'bubble-like' mass, forming the 'over-sized' planets atmosphere; completely surrounding what appeared to be the 'earth',... the small crew of seven men, anxiously peered down from on high...looking out, at the surface of what they suspected was the Atlantic ocean.

Coming in fast, directly toward what was appartantly, the southern most area around the tip of the North American contenant. The crew started to wonder why this planet looked so much larger, than what they had remembered when they first took off...


***


Gaining speed, the pull of the huge planets gravity, began to draw the tiny ship toward it.

The nose of the ship started to dive down, and as the ship began to roll forward Spooky walked over closer to the control panel and looked over at Major Tom,

"Your going to need this,...", he said, as he handed Tom a small piece of torn paper.

Tom took the paper and quickly examined it. The paper had a series of numbers scratched down across the middle; (it was the safety code), the set of numbers that would unlock the 'joystick'.

"You mean that you've had this, all along?", Tom asked him.

"Yes, but,.. I didn't realize it, till just 'Now'", he stated quite 'matter-of-factly', casually scratching his head with the tip of his pen.

"What are you talking about?" Tom raised his voice. "What do mean, you didn't realize it?"

Spooky chuckled and continued to scratch his head, "Well, the Governor's wife gave me this puzzel to solve. She told me that the 'answer', would be most important to us, if we wanted to regain control of the situation?".

"I didn't quite understand what she meant, until after I 'realized' that she knew exactly what was going to happen with the ship when it ran out of fuel...", Spooky looked at Tom with a look of surprise.

Tom's eyes widened with a look of shock, "They didn't want us to try and change the direction of the ship's preset coordinates!"

"Yeah, she knew, that it would take me awhile to figure out this little puzzle. And, by the time that I did, it was too late to do anything about it..."

Tom's sudden surprise, was then quickly overtaken by the fact that the ship was steadily diving down, and going into a hard tailspin!

Ajet dove back into his chair, "Someone', better take control of this thing,... we're headed straight into the ocean!", he yelled, as he quickly fastened his seatbelts!

Everyone piled into their seats and buckled in as quickly as they could! Tom hastily punched in the numbers that Spooky had given him and turned the key.

A bright green signal light popped on, Tom read the small print that illuminated just beneath the switch key. (Ten Liters of fuel) - "10.00 l ") Evidently, there was a small emergency fuel tank, that held just enough fuel to bring the ship in for a landing.

The glowing number ten drew his attention. He knew that he would have to wait until the ship was within thirty thousand feet before he could begin using fuel. If he started burning it before that, the ship would run out before it reached the surface of the planet...



Leaning back inside his seat, Tom grabbed the now loose joystick, and slowly pulled straight back. The ship strained hard, and slowly began to pull the nose back up, the short wing span instantly corrected, and the spinning motion stopped.

The nose cone rose up, and the tail end dropped down into the ships normal flight position. The whole crew breathed a sigh of relief, as their seats leveled off and the wings stopped spinning around in a twirling motion!

Jack started yelling from his chair, "Start it UP!, Start it UP!"

Spooky was bracing himself, and everyone else followed suit. Locking into their chairs and pressing the heels of their feet tightly against the floor!

Max was watching the controls carefully. He knew how to fly, and he also knew about conserving that small amount of emergency fuel,

"Don't start it,... Yet!", Max warned Tom, their pilot. "Wait until the altimeter show's less than 30 K !".

Tom waited. Jack screamed at him again,.. "Start this thing up, Man! We're going to crash!".

The ship dropped faster, after it broke through into the oxygen filled atmosphere of the planet, the sudden roaring sound of the wind burst past the windows like rolling thunder!

"Start it up, start it up,... start it up....


__the sound of the rushing wind sand blasted the exterior of the ship. The gradual building of intense speed, and the constant falling sensation, caused every man on board to become light headed and nauseous.

Tom watched the altitude closely; he wanted to wait as long as he possibly could before attempting to 'engage', 'that single engine', that he would have to use, to bring the Spinshifter in for a landing,...

45 K,... 44 K,... 43 K,... 42 K, the sound roared even louder,... 40 K,...37 K, ... 32 K, 31 K.

The green button, suddenly turned red, and Tom waited for just another short moment, just to be sure,...

He closed his eyes breifly, then,.. pushed the button.

"Verrrr_aaaahhh--SSSSShoooommmmmm!"


The engine fired up, and the throttle sank to the bottom of the notch that opened it all the way up!

Tom reached out and grabbed the throttle knob and forced it back about half way,... the ship growled, and moaned like a giant beast, he held the joystick steady and slowly leveled off the aircraft.

The landscape below slowly came into view; the water suddenly turned into a brownish land mass and the rough terrain quickly filled the wind shield.

Approaching fast, with a speed of 1600 mph, the ship was coming in too fast! Tom pulled back slowly and began to shift the nose cone back up, the engine whined, as the ship began to slowly climb back up...

Dipping down uncomfortably close, the surface of the ground swept past the wind shield, and then the sky suddenly came back into view. The ship growled and roared like a mighty beast, and then it began to slow down.

"Hang on, Men!", Tom yelled!

The speed almost instantly decreased to half; dropping down to 780 mph., the wind sheer decreased, and the vibration lessened...

The control stick felt more manageable, as the speed dropped off, but the altitude climbed back up several thousand feet before Tom could level the ship back out.

The wings tilted easily, as he gently steered around some snow capped mountain tops. He turned a hard right, and veered away from the rougher looking terrain. The ship gradually started loosing more and more speed. The sight of the setting sun cast into the wind shield, glairing into their eyes and turning the whole sky into a glowing red mass.

The speed dropped down even more, and the joystick was softening up. The ship slowly started to vibrate again, only this time it started shaking more violently!

The engine revved up, as Tom released the throttle, and the vibration settled down a bit, but the speed began to climb back up again...

Once more, he pulled back on the joystick and climbed back up. The altitude now below 9000 ft., the ground below flew past so fast that it just looked like a blurry rush of flowing color.

He looked at the flashing number on the screen, _ "'4.33 l'"_ ... less than half the fuel was left...

Tom gradually pushed the stick forward, and slowly started to descend toward the surface of the ground. Coming in at nearly half throttle, an elevated, but steady approach, the wings shifted slightly as the ship fought against the updraft rising from the surface.

The altitude dropped down to 3000 ft., and the sight of several large city buildings came into view. The speed decreasing, the arching sweep of the nose brought on a rushing sound, as it sliced through the wind and caught the heated updraft rising up from the huge planet below...

Dropping down even more, the speed didn't increase as much now, and as the surface of the ground below, clearly, and suddenly, came into full view; trees, and rocks, and large buildings, swept passed the ship, as Tom steered around the 'larger-than-life' obstructions.

Whipping the ship through some tight spots, Tom was forced to fully concintrate all of his efforts on just steering the speeding vessel. The men all looked out the windshield in sheer amazment; swiftly shooting past, and around the gigantic structures, Tom steered expertly, and flew the tiny ship along.

Huge automobiles, giant sized buildings- 'as tall as mountains',--- Tom controlled the speeding ship, and whipped passed the giant sized obstacles,

"We're comin' In!", Max yelled! "Hold the nose up,... Pull up, Pull UP!".

The ship turned down into a dive and entered into a narrow valley between two rows of buildings. Tom pulled up, and the ship tilted upward. The speed quickly reduced, and the sight of the gigantic walls loomed all around them...

Tom looked down at the remaining fuel; '"2.03 l'".

The solid brick lined walls flew past them as they swept through the widening alley. The view quickly changed, a sudden shift in the sky, and the sun penetrated the wind shield once again!
The sky opened up, and they were suddenly flying through the tree tops!

The grassy earth below had a slight rolling surface, and Tom pulled back as hard as he could and opened the trottle up...


*___*'WHAM!'*___*



The ship touched down and skipped across the ground. Bouncing back up, it flew for several hundred feet and then touched down again,

Wham! It skidded across the thick, tall grass, and slid along through some strange looking trees?

The tall, thin looking shafts, broke off against the nose of the spinshifter. The size of the tree-like grass, whipped the roof, and slapped against the glass of the windshield.

The crew inside, was bounced around wildly, as the skidding ship swiftly and roughly, came sliding in to a sudden stop!



The tiny engine surged, revving up to full throttle; the deafening scream, of it's last desperate attempt to pull away from the enormous planet,... it sounded like the squealing death cry of some strange alien animal.

Slowly winding down until it finally stopped, the engine seemed to drill itself into the ground and conk out.

Inside the cock-pit, the seven passengers stayed very still,... waiting to be sure that the ship had finally stopped...

The steam lifting away from the sides of the ship, drifted around the windshild and clouded up the windows. Max quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and awkwardly climbed out of his seat. The floor was tilted sharply forward, and his feet seemed twice as heavy with the sudden return of the planets powerful gravity.

He started toward the door, stumbling around, he looked across the cabin to try and find his way. He hastily unbuckled the chinstrap on his helmet and pulled it off of his head. He could feel the heat coming off the walls and floor, he felt the steam rising up around him...

The other six men stayed seated. Dumbfounded, from the intense flight and the sudden landing, they sat staring blankly ahead, just trying to get their wits together.

Max knew that something, wasn't quite right,... the size of everything was much larger than what it was suppose to be.

He wanted to get out of the ship and take a look around. He found his way to the hatch and pressed the vacuum seal release button.

There was a sucking sound, then the rectangular door popped free from the interior wall, and the seal broke loose around the rubber tubing outlining the inside part of the door.

The cooler outside air rushed in around his feet, sweeping the foggy steam away, and filling the cabin with the pungent scent of fresh cut grass.

Max's heart was pounding with excitement as he turned the crank that lowered down the outside door. He turned the wheel as fast as he could, spinning it swiftly around, he dropped the ramp down onto the ground in record time!

Pushing the inside door up, he shoved outwardly against it and opened it away,.. the sudden gust of cooler air that rushed in around him, seemed to fill his excited mind with a surge of adrenaline.

He stepped forward. The door lifted away, and the bright outside light flooded in around him. He squinted his eyes against the powerful rays of sunlight and threw his hands up to shade his face.

He walked to the bottom of the ramp and stopped to look around. Huge blades of spotted grass surrounded the entire ship,... it was like they had landed inside a jungle.

Looking up, at the tall blades of greenish brown grass, the thick, leathery blades, were nearly eight inches wide, and rose up higher than the ship. The narrowing tops gently danced in the wind fifteen feet high above his head!

He took a deep breath of the fresh air, and stepped down off of the ramp. His feet settled into the crumpled dirt around the base of the tall, 'tree-sized', grasses; he had to push with his hands to make his way around the ship. The thickly formed jungle of strange vegetation, forced him to climb over, and around it. Pushing back, and shoving the broad shafts away, the thick blades were difficult to push out of his way.

He managed to struggle through the thick overgrowth, making his way around to the front of the Spinshifter.

Just to the right of the ship was an opening, a wide clearing that appeared to be some sort of wide pathway. The grass had been cleared away, and the dirt was packed down smooth. Max squirmed through the edge of the taller grass, cautiously crawling out into the clearing.

Straightening up, he slowly glanced all around. Constantly wondering, just where the ship had landed; this just seemed so 'weird', it seemed so 'different',... something, just wasn't as it should be...

He stood up and looked all around. The hard packed dirt beneath his feet, looked like it had been 'tightly' compressed, by some type of 'extra-heavy',... heavy duty, mechanical equipment. The surface was pounded down so firmly, that it felt like hard, dry, cement?

He tried to see out of the clearing; looking beyond the pathway. He looked back at the ship, from a distance, the Spinshifter suddenly appeared like a childs toy,... lying tilted to one side, resting in the tall grass...


' Something's very Wrong', ... "Somethin' ain't right Man! " , Max yelled up at the top of the tall grass, "Where in the hell are WE!"


Just then, he was suddenly startled; something was shaking the ground. Heavy impacting jolts, shook the ground beneath his feet.


'Whofpt'!! - 'Whofpt'!! - 'Whofpt'!! - 'Whofpt'!!- 'Whofpt'!!


It sounded heavy, like giant footsteps!


Each step was coming closer; each collision, shook the surface of the ground like a slight explosion!


Max froze with paralyzing fear! Something very large, was coming directly toward him. The weighted foot steps, caused the ground to shake, and each time it happened, it came closer and closer, louder and louder!

He looked up high above the grass, as the sudden appearance caught his eye,... the motion swiftly shot up high above him!

A bright, red, mass of color, swiftly appeared. Max strained his eyes to focus in on the gigantic being.

Long, looming legs, flexed as they moved; stepping directly toward him, the bare skin glistened in the sunlight. Smooth, slender, legs,... so tall and lean, the smooth muscle gently flexed and repelled the constant motion.

Tightly fitted red shorts, shifted from side to side, floating effortlessly above the alternating thighs. The leg columns, working in a constant pumping motion, shifted from right to left, almost silently carrying the gigantic being closer, and right up to where he was standing!


'"Wha-pth! "" - '"Wha-pht!'",.... a huge pair of giant, pink tennis shoes, stopped right in front of him...; the giantess girl, towering high, directly over him!


Suddenly she spoke; "Look Tracy, There it Is!", a giant hand rose up from her side, and a single finger pointed toward the Spinshifter!


"I Told You It Was 'Here', and 'There-It-Tis',... SEE!", a high-pitched female voice shattered the airwaves high over head!

"'Wha-fpt! - '"Wha-fpt!'", another pair of enormous tennis shoes stepped up closely to where Max was standing!


He looked straight up. The towering figures of two gigantic young girls stood dominantly above him, completely unaware of his miniature sized being, just inches away from the tip of Tracy's right tennis shoe!

"Oh, Yeah, I See It!", she said. Shifting her weight to one side, her massive pelvis relaxed to her left hip, and the sight of her magnificent legs filled the sky above him!


Max couldn't get his legs to move. He was spellbound! The tremendous sight of the enormous girls standing directly overhead, sent a shock of fear through his mind. He had never before experienced such an overwhelming sight!

One false step, and either one of these massive young girls could smash him into a flattened pancake! The heavy weighted shoe compressed the dirt beneath it like several thousand tons of sheer weight!

The small gravels, and chunks of dirt, popped and crunched like nothing, beneath the tremendous pink tennis shoe. Max huddled down, and cowered before the massive females!

Their large, overcasting shadows, drifting over the ground around him, he felt like an insignificant insect helplessly trapped between their gigantic feet!

He hopelessly watched, as Tracy's face slowly tilted downward. Her large, blue eyes, settling in directly upon his huddled form,...

She was looking right at him!

Her eyes widened, and enlarged to twice their size, "Oh My God!", " LOOK!", she blerted out!

Max couldn't do anything but catch his breath, just before the sudden dropping motion fell upon him!

The huge, soft hand, moved incredibly fast, and swiftly wrapped around his middle and squeezed him up inside large grasping fingers! Completely enclosing around his huddled form, he was squashed up inside her fist and trapped within her conforming fingertips!

He suddenly felt his body being lifted up! It happened so fast, that he thought he would vomit! His face was free of the huge palm, but the rest of his body was squashed up tightly inside the large female hand!

Just his feet sticking out from the bottom of her powerful fist; he was securely trapped inside her single hand!

Lifted up thirty feet into the air, he was twitching like a scared rabbit caught up within the jaws of a hungry cat!

"I caught ONE!", Tracy exclaimed with a shrill eruption!

"Look Nancy, I got 'em!", she excitedly said, as she shifted Max over in front of the other giant girls huge face!

"Aww, I want 'One' Too!", Nancy whined with desperation! "Help Me catch one!".


Max was quickly stuffed down into an extremely tight pants pocket. He was squashed up, and pressed down into the flattened sack that lined the inside of the giant girls short pants!

The sudden squeeze, pressed his limbs out to the sides, and forced his body to hug the top of the girls enormous thigh muscle...

The smell inside the pocket, was like over heated peppermint candy and a strong scent of detergent. His eyes started to water, from the sudden and intense heat, and he could do nothing but try and remain calm, and just focus on breathing!


"Look! There's Two More!", Tracy yelled out!





*
Chapter End Notes:

I'm going to try and 'replay' this scene perfectly, so if I miss something, or get some thing wrong, please let me know.  We'll be following the 'Headline News' chapter, only from the tiny mens perspective, so tell me if I miss something,...

and, thanks for reading!