- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Just an intro

-------------------------------

The world was new and different.  The government had decided that there were too many males.  But rather than prevent them from being born, they had their own approach.  All children would be born as normal, and live as normal, regardless of their sex.  Except every ten years.  Every ten years, all of the boys in their school district were turned into girls, except one.  He would be the local alpha-male, destined to repopulate the world.


In the town fairly large town of Elmsburry, there were 5 main high schools (all public, since private and charter schools had been banned for 37 years now).  One was Providence, the stereotypical "preppy white school."  The polar opposite was Butler, which was mostly blacked, deemed "ghetto."  The other 3 schools were South, East, and West Elmsburry.  South Elms, as the name was usually shortened to, was predominately white, though more diverse than Providence.  West Elms was predominately black, but more diverse than Butler.  And then there was East Elms.


East Elms was what some people would call a relic: it was the school with the oldest buildings.  The others had all been redone within the last 10 years.  East Elms had all of its original buildings.  The first, made in the '50s, and the last added in the '70s.  The entire school was one story, and had a very spread-out campus.  It was also very diverse.  Current demographics placed it at 40% black, 20% white, 20% Asian (including India), 10% American Indian, and 10% interracial.  Currently, there were 60% females to 39% male, followed by 1% transgender in the school's 2,000 students.  The ratio was so close to even because there hadn't been a "turnover," as they've become known, in ten years.  
"Hi, I'm Bill.  I'm 17, a junior this year, and attend East Elms.  I'm sort of short, a little under the nation's 5'10" average, at 5'7", no thanks to my parents.  My mom is 5' tall, and my dad was 5'6" tall.  I had my own dad when I was younger, grandfathered in by a homeschooling law, but when homeschooling was banned, he was turned into a girl, and shipped far away.  I have ditry blond hair and hazel eyes, and I'm naturaly buff.  My sister, Jennifer, is 14 years old (a freshman) and 5 feet tall, and is more than likely not getting any taller.  She too has dirty blond hair, though her eyes are green."


"Thank you, Bill," the teacher, Mrs. O'Leary said.  "Next up to introduce themselves is..." she paused, looking through the list for a name she hadn't chosen yet, "Nataline."


An Indian girl stood up, and walked to the front of the room.  She was wearing skinny jeans, and a black Under Armor jacket.  She had tan skin, brown eyes, and black hair that was simply braided, and around chest length.  I estimated that she was 5'10" tall.
"Hi," she said, confidently.  "My name's Nataline.  I'm 17 years old, and a junior like everyone else in this room."  She paused and looked at Mrs. O'Leary.  "Am I done now?" she asked.


"No!" Mrs. O'Leary shouted.  "Is that all there is about you?"


"Well..." she said, "No.  I'm an only child, I enjoy shopping for clothes and wearing and collecting jewelry."


With that, she sat down.  "Next is Jessica," she said.  I noticed that she had planned ahead this time.


Up stood an Asian girl.  She had black hair, brown eyes, and tan skin, though lighter then Nataline's.  I put her at around 5'4" tall.  She was wearing some relatively loose jeans and a short-sleeved shirt.


"Hi," she said, nervously.  My name's Jessica.  I'm 15, and skipped a grade when I was 9, and have always had the latest birthday of the schoolyear.  I want to be a doctor when I grow up, and am in the school's HOSA club.  I have no siblings."


"Very good, Jessica," Mrs. O'Leary said, shortly.  "Hannah, your turn."


At the very back of the class room, Hannah stood up.  She had on a beanie, some very skinny jeans, and a plaid button-up shirt that was a bit big on her.  She slowly sauntered to the front of the room, and turned around.  She had long orange hair (I have never understood why they call it red, plus an important difference from red at my school) that was slightly wavy, green eyes, and pale skin, though no freckles.  I've got to say, she had the most stunning legs I've ever seen, though here breasts seemed fairly small.  I estimated her height at around 5'9".


"Hey," she said.  "I'm Hannah."  She leaned back against the teacher's desk, let out a labored sigh, and continued: "I'm 16, bisexual, and have multiple disorders, including schizophrenia and depression.  I had an older brother.  The end."  She walked slowly back to her desk.


"O... K..." Mrs. O'Leary said, sort of shocked by Hannah's openness.  "Next up is Steffanie."


Right next to me, Steffanie stood up.  She had plain blond hair and green eyes, and was wearing skinny jeans and a t-shirt.  I put her at around 5'7" tall.


"Hi," she said, almost bored-ly.  "I'm Steffanie.  I'm 16 years old.  I like volleyball.  I have a younger brother."  With that she sat down.


After Steffanie finished introducing herself, Mrs. O'Leary said, "Alright, now that the class has all met each other, I'm going to assign you to groups.  Like your previous years of school, you will always be with your group, all day.  Group one is-"


The bell rang, and we headed to lunch.