- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In this chapter I go back to my previous writing style, I find it more comfortable and easier when I write like this, so the story may continue in this style. The chapter is mainly to help the story along and to get an insight into Christy's life. Enjoy :)
____________________________________________

Christy -


It's Tuesday morning and I have to get out of bed to talk to some stupid reporters, great.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and I sit there on the edge for a few seconds, thinking about what the day will entail.

I wonder what the reporters want this time, if it's another interview then I'm telling them to leave. Well, I say I'll 'tell' them but what I really mean is throw them out of my house.

I stand up and walk over to the mirror/wardrobe which contains all of my custom made clothes, I have so many of them, I wonder how people made them for me. The mirror spans the entire wardrobe.

Standing in front of the mirror, I try to fix my hair and make myself look good for when they arrive, if they're a bunch of guys then I'll have them in the palm of my hand, literally. But if not then I guess I'll have to put up with the jealous glances of the girls.

My messy blonde hair is all over the place this morning, only a shower will fix that. My skin looks a healthy tanned brown in the mirror and my boobs look great as always. I like to think that if I were small... or normal sized. I'd be the hottest model in the world, the girls I see on the TV don't look half as good as me. My green eyes stand out and make me look enticing, I notice the way men and some women look at me.

I look around at the plain room I call my bedroom, the carpet is soft and white, the walls are painted a dark red, along with the ceiling, and my bed is white with a light pink blanket.

Sadly I have to wash all my clothes and everything else myself which is a little annoying, but apart from this, I can't complain about life.

I walk over to the upstairs bathroom which is connected to my bedroom, the soft carpet feels great against my bare feet, it sends a chill up my spine.

Taking off my bikini, I run the shower so that it warms up, then when it's finally hot enough, I step in and enjoy the feeling of the hot water against my skin.

For a few months, every time I'm in the shower, all I can think about is how I can never have sex properly with another man. Of course I've done it myself before with make-shift objects around the house, (since the government probably wouldn't give me a sex toy) but I'll never actually be able to do it with another person.

I think about it all the time, I'll probably live my life alone until the day I die... Thinking about it makes me sad, people will always see me as the intimidating giant girl I am.

Just then the doorbell rings. (There is a doorbell for normal sized people)

Oh shit! I'm not even dressed, I guess I'll go let the reporters in and they can wait on the table across from the couch. Hopefully they don't mind waiting, not that I care if they do.

There's a makeshift table and chairs set up on top of the table for when there are guests in my home. After all, my home has to be accessible in every way for little people, so there are stairs and things everywhere for them to climb.

I quickly get out of the shower and wrap a white clean towel around myself and then while I'm still dripping wet, I walk briskly down the wooden stairs, across the smooth wood hallway and up to the front door.

Upon opening the front door I look down to see two male reporters staring up at me with open mouths. I have to stop myself from laughing, they can probably see everything from down there, I purposefully wrapped my towel just below my waist.

I stand there with one hand on the door frame, my legs slightly separated and my eyebrows raised, waiting for them to realise that they are still staring underneath my towel.

They shake their heads and stare up at my face this time, and one of them introduces himself.

"Oh uh h-hi! My name is Tony and my assistant here is James. We're here to do the interview." He says up with a nervous smile.

He is wearing a bright yellow shirt with red pants, his assistant is wearing the same.

I just look down at him with my head tilted to the side. I think for a second if I can even be bothered to do an interview and I'm half tempted to just shut the door on them.

Will wouldn't be happy about that and he'd most likely take away my internet, so I decide to let them in, it could be fun anyway.

"Ok, come in, just head into that room on the left and sit at the table. I'll be down in a second, I just need to get changed." I inform them.

They nod and walk into my house, making slow progress towards the living room because the distance is about 50m to them, also since gallons of water were dripping from my body, there are large puddles which they have to walk around.

I can't help but giggle at the sight, something so small to me has such a big impact on them. I decide to tease them again whilst I make my way upstairs.

As I walk up the stairs slowly and purposefully, I can feel their eyes on me, so when I reach halfway, I drop my towel, exposing my naked body to them, pretending to drop it.

I turn my head to see that they've stopped in their tracks to look up at me. I turn around fully and call down to them, my boobs on full show.

"Oh! By the way guys, feel free to turn on the TV while you're waiting, I'll be down soon." I smile, waving at them with my fingers as I head up the stairs, enjoying the feeling of completely hypnotising them with my body.

Walking back to my room, I get changed into a short black skirt and a pink sleeveless blouse, so I look both sexy and business-like. I decide not to wear anything on my feet because I love the feel of the carpet against them, so soft and spongy.

When I get downstairs, the two guys are sitting on the table watching TV. They turn around to look up at me and they say something between each other, thinking I don't notice. I decide to let them get away with whatever they were whispering about, but only this time.

I make my way over to the sofa so that I'm facing the table, making myself comfortable, I sit on the edge of the sofa so that I'm looking down at them. With one elbow resting on my knee, I rest my chin on my upturned palm.

I won't hide the fact that I'm bored since I know what these interviews are usually like, all they ever do is ask the same stupid questions as before.

"Hi there Christy, me and James are here today to ask you about your lifestyle and how you go about life at your size." Tony explains with a kind, gentle voice. "You may want to make yourself comfortable because we could be here a while."

Don't they ever read the news? I've had like 50 other interviews about the exact same thing. What makes them think I want to tell them about my life anyway? Seriously I hate these interviews so much.

"Ok, I'm comfortable thanks, ask away." I reply through gritted teeth, just wanting this to be over.

The two people in front of me are the size of my pinky finger and I have to sit here and answer their questions all day.

"Ok, first question, what do you do when you wake up?" He asks casually, with a notepad in hand.

I just sit there with a bored look on my face, did he really just ask that question?

"I take a shower." I mumble.

He looks down and writes my answer on his notepad, while James just sits there not knowing what to do, fidgeting with his hands.

I notice that they seem completely new to this, so I decide to ask them about it.

"Are you guys new to this or something?" I enquire, my eyebrows raised in slight amusement.

"Haha, yeah we are, can you tell?" He laughs awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"Yes actually, it's pretty obvious, that question was really bad. Also why isn't James over there talking, he hasn't even introduced himself." I reply, lazily glancing at him.

"U-uh, I-I'm n-not the t-talker here, please I'm uh, just here to observe." He says, so nervously that it looks like he wants to evaporate; he looks up at me with fear in his eyes.

Tony just looks at him with a look of sympathy and answers my question.

"James is new aswell, we're here asking questions for a kids show, which is why the questions are so basic." Tony explains calmly.

Oh, so this won't be such a bad interview after all. Why would a kids show want me to answer questions for them? It pisses me off how the government get every penny that these interviewers pay, but I suppose I wouldn't be able to spend money anyway.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, James bolts towards the tables' stairs, running like a maniac.

"James what are you doing?! Whats the matter?" Tony shouts after him.

I just look at him with amusement as he runs down the stairs and out of the living room, I don't know where he's going or why he's running. I assume he's too nervous to be in the same room as me, this has happened many times before.

Tony runs after him and I stay seated on the sofa waiting for them to sort things out.

After a few minutes they return and James is looking wearily up at me as he walks into the room, like I might pounce on him at any moment.

I find it funny how easily I intimidate some people, but it sometimes rubs off on me and I realize why they are so scared of me. Since I'm essentially a giant capable of killing him at any moment, but obviously I'm not like that, I just like to play around.

Tony and James sit back down at the table and Tony puts up his hands in an apologetic manner.

"Sorry about that Christy, James is just a little nervous." He sounds out of breath. "Anyway, let's just get back to the questions." He adds.

I nod, completely unfazed by the whole thing.

"What is your favourite thing to do?" He asks, looking up and waiting for my answer.

I have to think about this one, these questions are new ones I've never answered before, since they are so childish.

"Hmmm... I'd have to say going swimming in the ocean." I reply, going with the appropriate answer.

What I really wanted to say was playing with little people on the beach like yesterday, but I'm not sure how that would come across, so my answers aren't necessarily truthful, but I do love swimming too.

"What is your favourite food?" He asks, this being the third question in 30 minutes.

"Pizza." I answer, although I'm rarely allowed to ask for pizza, since it takes alot of trouble to make one for me.

Normally I just eat things like fish since it's a plentiful resource, basically anything that is plentiful is what I'm given to eat. I don't decide what I am given to eat, but occasionaly I ask Will to see if they can give me something different.

"Thanks, um, would you mind getting us some water?" Tony asks after writing down my third answer.

I get up and head over to the kitchen, my feet slapping against the wooden floor of the hallway as I walk.

For when I have guests round, there are special trays which I pour water into, the trays are extremely thin and the smaller people can lift up the top and take out a tiny cup from inside. It's a very clever invention.


When I get back I notice James is the only person standing there, he looks shocked and he keeps looking up at me and then down at his side. He's really starting to freak me out.

"Where did Tony go?" I ask him, but he seems too scared to answer.

"Uh... umm... what the... how...." He just keeps muttering words of disbelief and looking down at the table where there is some sort of tiny yellow object.

"What's the matter?" I ask down at him again, not really expecting an answer.

"H-H-He sh-shrunk." Is all he says, but it's hard to make out what he said since he's shuddering and tripping over his words.

Huh? What does he mean?

Then, once again, he runs off, leaving the small yellow object lying on the table.

I look around for Tony and he's nowhere to be seen. He must have wandered off somewhere.

I get up and walk over to see where James ran off to, he's just standing next to the front door willing it to open.

When he sees me heading towards him he looks very desperate to get out.

"G-Get away from me!" He shouts up at me.

I sigh and walk right up to him, hands on my hips. I'm fed up with his constant fear of me, so I decide to ask him where Tony is before I ask them both to leave.

"Where is Tony?" I ask firmly, making sure he answers me this time.

"T-Tony shrunk! He was right there on the table! L-Let me out!" He cries, sounding borderline insane.

Wait. Was that Tony on the table? Is he actually being serious?

I quickly walk back into the living room and kneel down in front of the table, peering down at 'Tony' who is now the length of my finger nail.

"Wow." I whisper in awe.

This is so strange, he actually just shrunk out of nowhere, I've never heard of this happening before.

I decide that I should probably give him to James since he'll be able to handle him and take him to... hospital or something.

I gently brush Tony's minute unconscious form into the palm of my hand and I carry him back to the front door where James is still trembling.

"James, I want you to take your friend to get help, I have no idea what to do right now, so you'll have to take him with you." I explain to James gently, so that I don't scare him too much.

I lower my hand to James' level and he shakily retrieves shrunken Tony from my hand.

I open the door for him and he runs outside and along the stone path to his car.

I watch him drive away and shake my head in disbelief at what just happened. Am I hallucinating? Or did that really just happen?

Walking back into the living room I collapse back into the sofa and turn on the TV, switiching to the news channel where there is a female news reporter with a look of shock and confusion on her face.

'Breaking news, people are being reported to have spontaniously shrunk all across the world at the exact same time. Right now, more and more reports are coming in, people are panicked and unsure of what to do, but right now the authorities are urging people to remain calm. If you have a case where someone you were with has shrunk, please go to your nearest hospital and follow the proceedure you will be informed about when you get there.'

She repeats the same thing over and over, all news channels are reporting on the same thing.

This is so weird.

For the next three hours I just sit watching events unfold, it sounds like total panic, the news station is constantly reading out reports from people like: 'I just stepped on a tiny person and they died' and responding to these reports with warnings on how to avoid repeat incidents.

Simliar reports keep coming in and being read out every few minutes, alot of them are just to inform people of the dangers right now.

I have never stepped on anyone in my lifetime, so how come these people suddenly do it after four hours of being taller than someone? I would never do anything like that on purpose so maybe they didn't know they were doing it. That's what I'm going off.

I walk down the hallway and into the kitchen which looks out onto the beach, there is not a single person on the beach now, some of the people on it must have shrunk and others must have gone home to check on family and friends.

Suddenly my phone rings, it's always Will.

"Hey Christy, have you seen the news? Insane right? Anyway I just rang to see if you hadn't shrunk aswell, that would be so weird if you did." He laughs at the thought.

"Anyway, how did the interview go? Sorry I didn't tell you it was an interview for a kids show, but I thought you wouldn't have let them in otherwise." He adds.

"Yeah the news is crazy. Anyway, you're not going to believe this but they were complete newbies to the job and one of them was really nervous and tried to run away, his name was James, but the other guy stopped him. The other guy, Tony, was ok... up until he shrunk." I finish, waiting for him to answer.

"What? Tony shrunk? What happened?" He asks, sounding concerned.

"Well, I came back from getting water and James was standing there looking down at this tiny thing on the table the size of my nail, in the end I realized it was Tony and I gave him to James who drove off with him, so he's safe." I explain, still a little flustered by today's events.

"Good, at least he's safe, he must have looked so small to you... anyway how are you? What do you make of the news?" He enquires, obviously interested in my opinion given that the topic is size related, the topic I have heard all throughout my life.

"Well, what I make of it... I think that people find it will take some getting used to... being around smaller people. It isn't too hard and I've lived like this my whole life, I think it's cool how people will be able to see things from my perspective." I answer enthusiastically, for once there is something interesting going on, something which lets me relate to normal sized people.

"This must be news to you more than anyone else Christy, maybe you can give people tips on what to do, this could open up some big interview opportunities!" He exclaims excitedly.

"Will, why does everything have to be about interview opportunities and tourists when it comes to me? Let's just see where this all goes and then you can get back to arranging more of your stupid interviews for me, ok?" I ask, expecting to have gained the upper hand, but of course it's Will and he knows me more than anyone else.

"I'll let you sleep on that one Christy, I'll be round to check on you tomorrow morning and we can talk about some things we need to go through. Have a good night Christy, oh and your next food delivery is postponed to Friday thanks to the whole shrinking thing, bye!" He replies, completely disregarding what I said.

"But wait I hardly have any fo-" I am cut off when he hangs up before I can finish.

He's certainly unique, being the only person who actually speaks to me like I'm the same as him, he completely sees past the fact that I'm 40ft tall. This is probably because he's known me since I was 3.

Will is definitely my only friend in this world, even if he is a 36 year old man who is just doing his job, there is always the element of him caring about me, like just then for example.

He didn't have to ring me up to check on me, but he did it anyway to see if I was ok and to have a conversation with me.

I think about that for a while as I watch the news. I only have a single friend, if he wasn't there I would be lonely without anybody who cares about me. The only other person I see on a regular basis is the delivery guy who delivers all of my food, but he is always too nervous around me, like everyone else.

That night I cry for some reason, I can't quite understand why I was crying, I've never cried so much since I was younger when I was picked on and had to be homeschooled. The homeschool teacher I had back then wanted nothing to do with me once I turned 16, but I can't blame him, given the way I acted.

I head up to bed, it's 11:30 PM and the news stations are still talking about the shrinking, after all it's a miracle, since nobody can explain how it happened. Just like me, I was a miracle once, now I'm just a tourist attraction, someone who gets in people's way all the time, something of mild interest.

I change into my pajamas and I shuffle into bed, dreaming this time about what it must be like for smaller people looking up at bigger people like me.

Tomorrow I'll have a lot to talk about with Will, he's the only person in the world who I can open up to and confide in.

It makes me sad to think about this. He's just someone doing his job.

He's not a 'real' friend, I think, wiping tears from my eyes.

___________________________________________
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are appreciated, critiscism is welcomed. Let me know if you enjoyed the chapter :)