- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 2 is up, hope you all enjoy it. Going to try to do a chapter a day, so we shall see how that goes. Happy reafding!

Once all of us were on the bus, we began our trip to Laura's house. There was a slight ambiance of nervousness in the air, and it was noticeable. Mrs. Frizzle stood out though. She took pride in her idea like she always does and drove the bus with an insane aura of confidence. We all trust Mrs. Frizzle. We hardly ever question her decisions because everything always works out for the best. I just realized I’ve had my head down thinking for a while and when I lifted my head up I noticed we were back in my neighborhood just down the street from Laura’s house.

“Okay class, we are nearing our primary destination, so please fasten your seatbelts because we are about to go for a ride!”

With that the bus shrank down to I don’t even know how small, but it was pretty small. As if that wasn’t enough, we also turned into a plane. Convenient I know, I love this bus. I looked out the window to see everything that I knew normally, but this time gigantic. As a class we have been shrunk before, but never here. This so-familiar area looked completely knew to me.

Once again I caught myself thinking too much and I look forward to see us flying toward the keyhole to Laura’s front door. I didn’t know this bus… I mean plane… could fly this fast. And to our amazement we snuck right through the keyhole at whatever insanely fast speed we were going. “Man, Mrs. Frizzle you are good “I thought to myself, but as I took a look at some other student’s faces I knew I wasn’t alone on that. Wow would ya look at that… we have almost a full plane with 2 to every seat but one. With Laura and Brent always here, and since they were the only one I really talked to, I guess I never really took the time to notice that we have a pretty good size class that fills the plane. (The plane having the same number of seats as the bus normally would)

Anyway, even more crazy is the size of this furniture! We are in Laura’s living room. It looks so huge! I love this.

“Okay Jason, since you know Laura best, and she is sick, where do you think is the best place to find her in this gigantic house?” Mrs. Frizzle asked me excitedly.

“Her room definitely, which is upstairs and to the left” I told her. With that the plane went left toward the stair case. In that exact moment that we turned, a shadow eclipsed us. Apparently at the same time we went around the corner, so was Laura from the other direction, and with great speed! Mrs. Frizzle expertly dodged her, but it looked to us that Laura was almost at a jogging speed. We didn’t have long to take that in because the tailwind behind her through the plane in the same direction she was headed which was the kitchen. As we were pulled toward her we were also flipped and spun in randomness, making it impossible for Mrs. Frizzle to stabilize us. After what seemed like eternity of insane roller coaster mayhem, we began to stabilize only to find we were on collision course with the inside of a bowl that Laura had sitting on the counter.

Mrs. Frizzle tried to guide the plane out of the way but quickly decided that wasn’t the best option because we wouldn’t make it, and we all knew it and didn’t question what came next. Our plane suddenly turned into a hot air balloon. By this point we were below the rim of the bowl.

“Good idea Mrs. Frizzle, now lift us outa here!” one of the students yelled.

“Now why would we do that my dear?” Mrs. Frizzle answered, a slight smirk on her face.

“WHAT?” is all the student could reply.

Instead of lifting out of there, she let the hot air balloon slowly drift until we got close to the bottom of the bowl. Right as we hit she turned the bus into a submarine. We all wondered what she was up to, but I also think we all already knew.

“Why would we flee from the best opportunity to get inside of Laura?” Mrs. Frizzle asked. And with that, her logic proved flawless as always when we felt the sub begin floating upwards. Our sub has windows, which were currently plagued with a view of nothing but milk.

 

 

Laura was happy she wasn’t going to school today. She had bigger plans for the day than school. She didn’t even bother getting dressed except for a bra and panties, since nobody was here anyways. Despite feeling slightly off for lying to Jason about being sick, Laura was as enthusiastic as ever to get the day started. She ran downstairs to the kitchen where she grabbed a bowl to prepare herself some Frosted Flakes cereal. Laura did feel bad for lying, but she had to if she wanted this special day to be a success. She just hoped Jason would still have a good fieldtrip.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Shout out to all of you who have read my story so far, I hope you continue to come back! As always I would love some feedback!