- Text Size +

The night came and went without event. Tyler slept surprisingly easily in his shoe prison, the warm, though smelly, insole serving as a relatively comfortable bed. Plus, working for hours rubbing different people’s body parts was exhausting work.

            “Morning tiny,” Chloe said after she smacked her alarm. “How did you sleep down there?”

            “Fine,” Tyler responded, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

            “Well that’s good.” She reached into the shoe, pulling him out. “Here, I’ll put you in my backpack until later. Can I trust you not to be an idiot and run away?”

            “Where would I run?” Tyler said pessimistically.

            “Good point.” The giant dropped him into one of her side pockets, zipping it up most of the way. “Be a good little toy while I’m gone, alright?”

            Tyler looked up at her through the slit in the pocket. “Fine,” he said smiling. The second the zipper was fully closed his smile disappeared. Just the thought of being in the hands of another giant was enough to send shivers down his spine.

 

The school day went quickly. Tyler sat in his little pocket trying to fight off the boredom that was plaguing him. He almost wished to be back in Chloe’s shoe. At least then he would have something to occupy himself! Then again, was being nearly crushed that much better?

            “Hey Katie,” Chloe said to her friend.

            “Yeah,” the girl said back.

            “I have to show you something during lunch.”

            “What?”

            “I can’t tell you.”

            “Then why did you bring it up?”

            Chloe turned to the girl then gave a sly wink. “’Cause I’m a tease, silly.”

 

Tyler’s pocket was suddenly opened, Chloe’s massive, smiling face filling his view. She reached in without saying a word, cupping her hands around her little pet.

            “You ready?” Chloe said to the girl sitting besides her at the lunch table. All around them people were yelling and screaming in the normal lunchroom fashion. A few pieces of food were sent flying in the air, a teacher cursed off the kids who did it. Everything was normal.

            “What, is it an animal?” Katie asked, concerned, noting the protective way her friend held whatever it was.

            “In a way,” Chloe said with a giggle. She slowly opened her hand. And there, resting in her hand, was the tiny form of Tyler.

            “Chloe!” Katie exclaimed when she saw who it was. “What did you do?”

            “Not me! I found him like this.”

            “Really, when?”

            “After our game last night.”

            “Why didn’t you tell me?”

            “I don’t know,” she said with a shrug. “Forget about that, you have a mini-mizer, right?”

            “Well… yeah,” Katie admitted, rubbing the back of her neck.

            “So you can turn him back.”

            “Oh. Yeah, I could.” Katie nodded, looking down at the small boy in wonderment. Tyler returned her gaze with equal astonishment. It looked like his fantasies would actually come true!

            “Here, you take him then.” Chloe dropped Tyler into Katie’s outstretched hand. “Just be careful, he’s a bit delicate,” she added with a giggle.

            Katie went to her backpack, opening one of her pockets. “Oh Tyler,” she said, shaking her head. “How do you get into these situations?”

Tyler shrugged as an answer. “You know me.”

Chapter End Notes:

Wow, aren't things going well for our little hero? They aren't? Well i guess that's your opinion!

Anyway, look for the conclusion coming soon!