- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I started writing this because I felt my other story "Less Than Dust" had been progressing a little slowly. This story will be much more action oriented and will cover several fantasies I have always had as far as mega is concerned. Please comment and tell me if I should continue. Thanks!

Author's Chapter Notes:

I wrote this chapter in two different parts, one from the godesses point of view and the other from the point of view of the soldiers on the ground.

The earth shook and shook and shook with continuous tremors, the land trembled for miles around. Rhythmically, the quakes came and went leaving the lowly inhabitants of the land with brief moments of respite before they were shaken to the bone once more. Man, woman and child, whether they lived in hovels or one of the great cities that were strewn about the land, all looked up in awe at the sauntering beauties. Those caught in their path were allowed one last glimpse at angelic faces not even so much as looking down at the carnage they caused. It was clear these beings cared little of their actions.

            Over plains, forests and valleys the three super beings clad in tight fitting garbs of a silken substance plodded along leaving reminders of their visit with each depression created in the earth. There were three of the miles tall beauties in total, each as alluring as the last, yet all of them in different ways.

            “How much farther away are we from these little heretics Asara?” The tallest of the three girls, Kaelee, asked. Kaelee had a slender and lengthy build. Her extensive torso led into powerful, and shapely legs. Her flowing hair was a dark auburn that complemented her fair complexion well.

            “We are almost there if my mother’s directions were right. Don’t worry it can’t be much longer now.” Asara responded. She possessed a darker brownish complexion; her hair a natural lighter shade of brown to match. Her height was in between Kaelee’s and her sister’s. Her eyes were a deep glinting hazel, they scanned looking out in all directions, taking in the scenic views of the landscape. She was content until she noticed her younger sister, Megara, was lagging behind them. “Meg,” she called, “why are you walking so slowly?”

            Megara was the youngest of the trio, her age would be equivalent to nineteen in human years. Her complexion matched that of her sister but her large eyes were a deep shade of brown that could almost said to be black. The beauty’s hair was a flowing ocean of the shade of midnight. She was examining random settlements they were passing by. She knew being as large as she was, deaths of the lowly mortals were bound to happen, but she tried to lessen these fatal actions as much as she could. When Asara called, Meg seemed to be caught by surprise, “what? Oh I’m just… looking for little settlements. I like seeing the mortals go about their business.”

            “Well little sis, you are gonna see a lot of them in a bit if mother was right about how foolish this city state is. What was it called again, Kaelee?”

            “Torros, they haven’t relented to our control yet and they need a lesson. I know I’m happy to give it to them.” Kaelee said smiling radiantly.

            “That’s right Torros,” Asara said. “I hope they have the nerve of trying to defend the city, I want to see how big of an army they can muster up. What do you think Megara?”

            Megara, timidly responded, “Well, it doesn’t have to happen violently does it? I mean, it’s not like they can possibly harm us. We could just display a little force and make them surrender.” Megara, held no ill will for the lowly mortals, she rather enjoyed them. Where Asara had gained her mother’s strict sense of justice by force, Megara had inherited her sense of compassion and kindness to these lesser beings.

            “C’mon little sis, where is the fun in that. We have to make these little guys pay and then they will never step out of line again.”

            “Maybe,” Megara responded. She didn’t agree at all with her sister but she assented if only to not start an argument she wouldn’t be able to win. Kaelee enjoyed punishing the mortals just as much as Asara and she would have undoubtedly joined her sister’s side if Meg called the methods into question.

            They walked and walked on further for about twenty more minutes, Asara and Kaelee not caring where each step landed. One moment a village of two thousand people were there, the next it was completely obliterated by a mile long foot that blotted out the sun. Meg tried to avoid the villages but some hidden in the forest were hard to view and ended up under her steps. She apologized in her thoughts but she knew it wouldn’t matter to the lives she just wiped out.

            Eventually the trio reached a valley of land that was flat for miles. On the horizon they spotted Torros. “There it is!” Kaelee excitedly announced. It was a massive city. If there were anything to say of the human mortals it was that they had a knack for constructing great feats; their ingenuity was worthy of note, this great city was proof of that. It stretched over miles and miles of land. Several rivers flowed through it and farmland extended its borders even further. The city was thickly populated, several millions of people called it home. It was one of, if not the largest cities in the world of Erya.

            “There it is girls, impressive for insects isn’t it?” Asara joked as they walked closer and closer. They were trampling through farmland now causing untold amounts of damage upon the agricultural land. With each step the body count raised hundreds if not thousands already and it would only rise the closer they got to the city. Many of the farmers and citizens who lived this far out tried futilely to run away from the feet of the goddesses. They of course had no hope of getting away, their size just could not allow it. All of their suffering went unnoticed to their tormentors above.

            “Look, they amassed an army.” Kaelee was giddy at the prospect of having some fun with the mortals and it was clear by her voice. Megara wondered what was going through the poor souls on the ground minds as they approached.

            “That’s actually not a bad force,” Asara commented. It was true, Torros possessed one of the strongest militaries in all of the world. With such a vast population it could conscript many to join its force. This army was how Torros carved out so much of its land; it had been tested in battle many times. Close to nine hundred thousand soldiers were aligned in formation, ready to stand their ground, outside the great flat plain in front of the city. With so much manpower and experience it would be impossible to lose any war. But this would not be war.

            Even with the numbers, the mortals posed no threat to the three goddesses. The trio walked to about half a mile in front of the force and all three examined them.

            “Meg, what’s wrong?” Asara asked.

            “Nothing, I just don’t think we should handle this your guys’ way. I mean look at them, what are they gonna do,” Meg said while pointing down at the vast army at their feet.

            “You’re still on that?” Asara sighed, “fine we’ll try your way first.” Asara made a commanding pose and addressed the army and city both. “All of you, mortals, have made a grave mistake of not paying tribute to our pantheon. My mother Arora, the queen of all realms had promised to leave your lands untouched if you would have only struck down your false gods and paid tribute to her. She is kind and understanding, but you seem to have mistaken that for weakness. That is why we are here, to rectify that error on your part. I tell you this now because we have already damaged a good portion of your fields by simply walking over to you; I think that should be lesson enough.” Asara paused and looked over to Megara obviously unhappy they were taking this course of action. She continued, “Now, there needn’t be any more lives lost on your part. You can avoid this simply by throwing down your arms and sending your general over to my big toe here to surrender personally by bowing to me.” She wiggled her left toe indicating that was the one she referred to. “Now, make your choice, life, or certain death.”

            They waited a long time for a response. Finally they got one, Megara dreaded it. The frontline of the army ran at a full charge towards the goddesses’ toes hoping somehow to damage them. “They’re complete fools but you can’t deny their bravery,” Kaelee observed. Asara nodded in response.

            “I was hoping it would come to this.” Asara tilted her head and let one tiny drop of saliva fall from her mouth. It travelled downward gaining momentum until it crashed right into the charging force of men and cavalry. The impact completely decimated many of them instantly and the displaced liquid began to spread out and swept even more men and horse alike, leaving them to die of drowning. Asara smirked at how easily she had repelled a large portion of the first wave. The greatest army in all of the world had just been halted by a mere woman’s saliva.

            Many of the men began to turn and run away from the goddesses, some still trying to escape the ever expanding saliva lake only to be swept away by it. “I warned you against this course of action.” Asara turned her head to Kaelee and nodded. The other girl completely understood, it was time to show the army true decimation. Even the main force that had stayed behind was beginning to break rank and run, this created a whole field of men moving in one direction trying to escape their impending fate.

            Kaelee gingerly lifted her mile long foot into the air and savored every moment of the slow shift forward. Her foot passed the first few ranks of men and started to descend in the middle of a cluster. It impacted into the ground with terrifying force; men were flung like pieces of dust away from the air displaced by impact. If truth be told the men were so small that even though Kaelee had crushed thousands in a single step she could hardly feel them. Megara watched in horror as Kaelee’s other foot now pushed off where it was and found a landing zone in the same fashion as the first, snuffing thousands of lives out with little effort. Those men running away were stopped dead in their tracks by Kaelee’s heel. Kaelee took one more step in the army and with the next she had walked past it. Those three steps forward had caused the greatest loss of life in Torros history. Kaelee turned to face the army that she had just trampled through. She admired how perfectly her footprints had been molded in the flat earth paying attention to the mangled corpses that lined them. She then looked down at her long toes, her nails fittingly painted red. She loved how the little mites looked running towards her feet and wondered how massive she must have looked to them. “Don’t let me have all the fun Asara, get over here.”

            Asara smiled, beaming happiness despite the amount of bloodshed already. She too stepped forward into the army of men crushing thousands as well. Perhaps not as many as Kaelee but her foot was not as long. She quickly made the journey over to the other side still wiping out countless lives. “What should we do now, Kaelee?”

            “I have an idea.” Kaelee bended over the army still trying to get away from their gargantuan tormentors and licked her index finger. Her finger was thousands of feet long and covered in saliva now. She carefully dipped it into a mass of men sticking some of them to the end of it. They weren’t an army anymore, they were just playthings. She took her finger covered now in helpless soldiers and horses and presented it to Asara. “Go on, Try it.” She insisted with a playful grin.

            “Really?”

            “Yes, go on I’ve tried it before Asara.” The girl leaned in unsure of this new experience but she did all the same. If those men were still alive they would be treated with the horrible sight of the woman’s maw gaping towards them and wrapping around the others long finger. “You see, not so bad huh?”

            Asara couldn’t contain her joy, she was giggling at what she had just done. “There were probably thousands of them on your finger, and now they’re travelling down my throat.”

            “It’s better than they deserve, come here,” Kaelee said as she brought Asara in closer for a quick kiss. Just as they had forgotten about the army for now, so to had they forgotten about Megara who had watched the whole display sickened by their cruelty? When they did notice her all they did was give her a teasing smile.

            “Megara, you deal with the remainder of the army how you see fit. We are gonna go have fun in the city.” Asara took Kaelee’s hand and they sauntered over towards the city, no doubt thinking of ways to punish them for insolence.

            Megara was left alone with still quite a large force trying to escape her, she was questioning every possible decision of what to do with them. Her mind was also clouded thinking about how much Asara and Kaelee were enjoying this. Meg couldn’t think of what to do. She did not want to kill these remaining men; no, she devised a different course of action. With her size Megara was easily able cut off their path. She saw many of them stop as she stamped her foot in their way.

            “If you try and escape they will kill you, but if I capture you all you will be taken as slaves, but still be alive. The choice is yours mortals, I won’t harm you whatever you decide.” She bent over to wait for a response from them knowing it was impossible to keep them all alive. At least she could help some.

Chapter 1 Cont.

            “We should have thought this through,” Legate Kyro said, his mouth quivering out a sentence, “These goddesses will surely retaliate to our actions.” Kyro was a cautious man by nature, he advised General Zayn to plead with the council to at least consider the pantheon’s terms.

            “Do you take us all for cravens, Legate? However these goddesses respond our legions will be prepared for them.” Colonel Deno was a gruff old soldier. He scoffed at Kyro’s notion of considering the goddesses terms. “We cannot bend to the will of these women, we don’t even know the extent of their power.”

            “Precisely!” Legate Kyro agreed, “We don’t know what they are capable of, all we know are stories that they possess great power.”

            “Exactly, Legate, stories. I presume they are most likely exaggerated but even if they were not, we cannot bend to their will. They would have us abandon our gods all to bow to their whims. I spit on that notion, I say we meet them on the field as men.”

            The Legate did not like that response, but instead of responding, he stormed out of the room with only a sullen look on his face.

            “It’s settled then,” General Zayn said, “We’ll show them Torros’ true strength. Assemble the legions.”

            Marching, for the past day it seemed to Orion all he had been doing was marching. For all his life he had lived in Torros and had never known another place in all the world but he had never been conscripted into service until this day. News of an impending attack had spread throughout the kingdom.

            “You think this has something to do with those envoys that were executed Orion?” asked his friend Kyle.

            “I’m sure, but they must be expecting something serious to amass such an army.” Orion responded. He had the right of it, never had a force such as this been brought down to fight. They were marching out of the city now to await battle in the field. It was an impressive sight.

            For about an hour they formed ranks and lines in the field. When all was said and done they covered the whole valley. A wall of men was ready to stand against whatever was coming to destroy their way of life. If only they knew what was coming their way.

            Orion and Kyle were three platoons back from the frontline, both of them nervous. None had been informed of what exactly they were going against but they were told that no one could stand against their power. Line after line, row after row, Orion was just another legionary now waiting to meet his foe. He felt them coming before he saw them.

            Thuds began almost soft at first and continued to rise in magnitude. To look around at the other men, confusion was clear on all their faces. Orion felt a bead of sweat trickle down his forehead, he looked over at Kyle next to him. Kyle shared his look of worry. They thought their nerves couldn’t have been shaken more until they heard a voice.

            “There it is!” The voice was all encompassing, louder than anything they had ever heard before, and strikingly feminine. That was when they saw the trio. Orion heard some men around him drop their shields in awe, he was surprised somehow he did not.

            All of them were being shaken to their cores as each of those titanic bare feet impacted the ground. The closer the three super beings got the more some men began to fidget in their place. “Steady men!” an officer yelled but that was difficult with the constant tremors.

            The officer was going to continue but he was cut off when the goddess with flowing brown hair spoke, “There it is girls, impressive for insects isn’t it.” That struck a chord with Orion. He knew exactly how pathetic the three women viewed the force now.

            A nondescript legionary behind him broke rank and ran screaming, “There is no hope against them.” The officer without missing a beat ordered one of the Archers to turn and slay the man as he ran.

            “That’s what happens to deserters, we stand like men or you die like a dog.” Orion knew they would all soon die as neither, they would be crushed like insects. His fears would soon be realized.

            “Look they amassed an army,” the stratospheric titan with red hair said in a giddy tone. The other commented as well, “That’s actually not a bad force,” in a tone that suggested she was not impressed. The greatest army ever amassed was “not a bad force.” That comment filled all of them with dread.

            The trio was dangerously close now only a half mile away. More and more deserters began to run and more and more were shot down. The toes of the three goddesses now towered over the men hundreds of feet up in the air, they had to crane their necks to look up. Orion felt like an insect standing where he was, and the goddesses treated them all like ones.

            It was silent for a time, no one moved not even the titans until the middle one turned to speak to the one flanking her left. “Meg, what’s wrong?” her voice boomed as she asked.

            The one called Meg’s voice was still loud like the others, but somehow gentler. “Nothing, I just don’t think we should handle this your guys’ way.” Orion saw those massive black eyes of hers scan over the army. They were warm despite how dangerous she was. She continued, “I mean look at them, what are they gonna do,” That was yet another blow to the morale of the army, as if it needed anymore.

            The commanding goddess angrily agreed to try and be diplomatic with them. She explained why they were here and that death could be avoided if they would all surrender. “Just lay down your arms and have your general come to my toe here and bow before me.” When she wiggled her mere toe that caused the ground to shake more. Orion was silent the whole time but he hoped deep within that they would surrender. He felt he was not ready to die yet.

            The goddesses awaited an answer and Orion dreaded the one the commanders decided to give them. “Full charge” was called out by the commanders. Orion felt he was lucky to be at the cutoff point of the first line of attack. He watched all the men charge forward, yelling and bellowing as they tried to slay a god. Their attack was hopeless and was met with a playful smirk by the middle titan.

            “I was hoping it would come to this” she said. What Orion saw her do next wiped away all hopes of victory. She simply spit out a mere globule of her saliva. It travelled at an incredible velocity from miles up where the goddess’ mouth was. When the saliva impacted thousands of lives were immediately swept away in a great deluge. The foot soldiers and cavalry under the impact zone were immediately wiped out, while many other thousands were beginning to be killed by the ever expanding pool of bodily liquid. Those that survived this retaliation turned and ran, trying to escape death by drowning as the others before them. The loss of life was already at a great number and the brown haired goddess’ face beamed with amusement. The screams of those running were soon drowned out by her great voice, “I warned you against this course of action.” Orion knew the body count would rise even more soon. He saw the middle titan nod to her impossibly tall friend. He knew it was not a good sign.

            The red haired goddess’ long legs began to stir full of power as her foot pushed off the ground and began to move forward. Chunks of earth still stuck to her soles began to rain down on many of the now fleeing soldiers crushing them before her foot could reach them. Her foot was as if a whole mountain had been uprooted from the ground and travelled through the air. The commotion it caused was felt through the whole army. Some men were killed by simply being trampled while trying to run away.

            Soon the great beings foot found its resting place, it slowly descended casting a great shadow over all under it. Thousands looked up and saw their fate above them, the intricate patterns of her prints filled their sky. It lowered and lowered until BOOM! Her foot landed squarely in a large mass of fleeing men. Thousands let one last cry for help out that was immediately silenced when they were obliterated in a mere second. Those close enough were blown hundreds of feet into the air as the force of her mere step swept them away. All the screams went silent. The earth behind her heel cracked and started to bunch up burying some unfortunate men who had not yet regained consciousness. Orion felt the ground behind him start to rumble. Now her other foot began its journey, it soured high above their heads ever ominous He watched as it swept over and found a spot quite close to her previous step. It slammed down as well killing so many more.

            With this step a whole division of cavalry was sent flying from the force, the poor beasts and their riders were flung into the air. Some of the horses in the air crashed into crowds of still running men, breaking bones and immobilizing them. Those still left standing could only leave the broken bodies of their comrades behind. The ground was being trampled into mud by their frantic running to try and escape being trampled themselves.

            Orion was still running, the goddess’ heel hundreds of feet away from him. He was safe from that one at least. “Kyle quit falling behind!” His friend had trouble keeping up with him so he slowed his pace to allow him to catch up. Then the Goddess’ foot began to stir.

            Orion looked over as the heel of her right foot began to rise; he was met with a morbid sight. Mixed with the chunks of earth still a stuck to her sole, the presence of many mangled corpses were splayed out on her foot. Orion could not see into the footprint but he new eve more bodies would line the inside of it. It was most likely hundreds of feet deep. The force of her foot propelling in the air caused some of the bodies to become unglued from her sole sending a grisly shock to those below. Random corpses began to rain down on some of the runners that were below her foot. It was a rather disgusting site that only filled the men with more fear.

            The foot that had just pushed off the ground now found its way further still into the fleeing army, wiping out so many more thousands of men. With that the goddess took one final step and surpassed the soldiers. Orion saw how she playfully turned and smiled as she now faced the fleeing army. He knew now how escape was impossible. The gargantuan red head wiggled her toes at the men causing them to stop in their place, turn and run the other direction.

            She was enjoying their suffering, it was clear to Orion, but he had to stop thinking about her no matter how difficult that proved. He had to survive, he had to keep Kyle alive as well. That was when he noticed. Where was Kyle? He turned around and saw the young man limping trying to keep up. Orion ran back to him to help him, when he heard the goddess speak.

            “Don’t let me have all the fun Asara, get over here.” That angered Orion. This “fun” they were having was the death of countless men, all because the goddesses saw them as lesser beings. The three steps through the army the long legged titan had caused the greatest loss of life in perhaps the history of Torros. What Orion saw now showed him death was not done yet.

            The olive skinned beauty was ready to join her friend on the other side, which could only mean more lives would be extinguished without thought. Her foot shot up from the ground and began its journey. Orion tensed up noticing its path. He knew it was the end now, rather than cower he welcomed one last deep breath waiting for a quick and easy death by the goddess’ bare foot. He felt the most violent shockwave of his life but instead of feeling nothing he felt weightless. He opened his eyes noticing at the last second he had propelled into the air before he hit the ground, hard. He looked up the big toe in front of him. The olive goddess’ toe print shot hundreds of feet into the air and filled his view for quite some time.

            He sat there, breathing heavily and still in disbelief for what felt an eternity. It was actually not long at all and he was snapped back as the toe in front of him began to rumble. She was still walking, her foot launched into the air now and two more thuds could be felt. She made her trip across in short order. Orion turned to watch what she would do now.

            The two beauties stood side by side, the olive skinned brown haired one was noticeably not as tall as her red headed friend but no less stunning. It was terrifying to Orion that such angelic creatures could be capable of such carnage as today. He heard the brown haired one speak and he knew they still were not done.

            “What should we do now Kaelee?” She asked.

            Her friend grinned playfully, “I have an idea.” Although the men had been fleeing for quite some time it was futile with the goddess’ long arms. She easily bent down licking her finger as she did. Orion was at a loss for words, all he could do was watch the macabre scene. She took her saliva covered finger and looked for a suitable place to rest it. Her green eyes shone as she found what she was looking for. A cavalry unit had been trying to flee and ran through another crowd of soldiers causing a cluster of men trying to get past each other. Once those giant brilliant orbs spotted them, there was no longer hope. Her finger, thousands of feet long descended on their position. Their screams were quickly cut off as she gingerly brushed her finger cross the lot of them. Man and beast both were stuck now to the end of her titanic index finger by the viscous substance. Some men struggled not to drown as they tried to free themselves from her clutches. Those that did free themselves were met with sudden death as they fell miles down to the goddesses’ feet.

            The goddess Kaelee held up her finger to her eye to examine her work, grinned satisfied then presented it to her friend. Orion was sickened at the display but he still watched.

            “Go on, Try it.” He heard her boom. The other goddess looked unsure.

            “Really?” She responded.

            The Red head pushed her finger closer, “Yes, go on I’ve tried it before Asara.” The olive skinned titan relented and wrapped her mouth around her friends finger, giggling.

            For the men still conscious on the goddess’ finger, they were met with the horrifying sight of an impossibly large mouth filling their entire view. Enormous white teeth were followed by an ever moving tongue until all the light was killed by the goddess closing her mouth. The humidity was intense but none noticed as they were violently sucked down the goddess’ throat and could already feel themselves being dissolved. It was a horrid death but they all met it.

            Orion could look no longer, he had to find Kyle. It wasn’t hard. His friend had landed ten feet away, but with a mangled leg. “I’ll get you out of here, you needn’t worry Kyle,” Orion reassured. He pulled him up and looked back at the goddesses now embracing in a kiss. It was horrible to think they could act like this after how many men were lost today. When they finally let go of each other they turned to their friend still waiting on the other side. Orion had completely forgotten about her in the rancor of the massacre.

            “Megara, you deal with the remainder of the army how you see fit. We are gonna go have fun in the city,” The brown haired titaness said. The city was surely done for if the debacle out here was any indication. Orion simply decided to try one last time to make a run for it. There were still a good number of men trying to escape so he hoisted Kyle onto his shoulders and joined up with the largest group.

            He ran for quite a while before the black haired goddess’ foot impacted in front of them. She didn’t kill them but she did succeed in stopping them. Orion watched as those warm, dark brown eyes scanned over all of them. She had not taken part in the slaughter but Orion still did not know whether to feel safe or frightened. Her speech did not help him decide either.

            “If you try and escape they will kill you, but if I capture you all you will be taken as slaves, but still be alive. The choice is yours mortals, I won’t harm you whatever you decide.” She looked to be full of sorrow at the other’s actions, Orion believed she was being truthful. Some men decided to run but many others simply were too tired to keep going. They relented, bowing down at the feet of their new master, her toes hundreds of feet high in the air. Orion was one of them who bowed. He knew running was useless now but he was unsure of what would happen to him as a slave of the pantheon.