- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jake experiences the aftermath of his wild night with Kendra as the questions continue to mount in his head. Written from Jake's point of view 

I was lost in my mind... dazed by the events of the past few hours and in disbelief of everything that had just happened. Well I mean, wouldn't you be? Besides having my world turned completely upside by a girl the size of a doll (at one time) and ending up in the hands of my surprisingly loving ex-girlfriend, I suppose I shouldn't have been too surprised by anything that had just transpired.

But as I slowly come to, my mind aches with the same pulsing thoughts. They pound through me like a drum as I can't help shaking this uneasy feeling about everything I had just done. Yet, I felt strangely calmer now. I felt something against my hand ... in fact, my hand was on top of it. It was a smooth tuft of hair. I ran my hand through it and undeniably ... it was Kendra's. Had she put me on her head while I slept?

It wasn't until I opened my eyes fully that I understood what had happened. I was in completely disbelief to realize that I had just teased Kendra's blonde hair through my normal hands and that she now lay next to my normal body on her normal bed. Okay, so her bed was always "normal" to her but none of this felt normal to me... at least not after the past couple of days that I had.

I was so cautious about this, I almost feared saying a word. What if this was a dream and I really woke up inside a dumpster somewhere, discarded like the little doll that I once was? I couldn't possibly be normal size again... right?

I felt Kendra's hand softly grip my shoulder and she let out a near silent moan. She craned her head up, messing up her hair and looked me in the eyes with a playful smile.

"Jake" she said, barely audible but the way that she squeaked out the single syllable of my name was almost dream like. Maybe this really wasn't happening.

My eyes still glazed over in drowsiness and doubt, I give her a half hearted look back. She looks a little dissapointed not to see more joy in my face but I didn't really know what to believe. It couldn't have really been that simple, right? As my mind stirs, I think more about our encounter last night and the things we had done... the regrowth potion (or whatever she had used) was such a brief part of our time together that I nearly forgot but yes... indeed she had promised to restore my size if possible but I just couldn't think it would be that easy.

When I was at the museum with Lillian (or Kelly...) we tried all manners of chemical combinations and could only figure out a way to restore Kelly's size... not mine. Even after exposing me to the chemical compounds a second time, I wasn't able to grow any further than doll size... and yet, here I was, holding my ex girlfriend in my normal arms. Okay, I really need to stop calling things 'normal'. This has been anything but a normal week.

"Jake..." I heard Kendra mumble again, as she had pressed her head into my chest briefly, as she shook off some drowsiness herself. She made eye contact with me again and this time a large smile widened on her petite face. "Jake... I'm so glad you're back to normal"

There that word was again -- normal. What was so normal about any of this? Why did this make so much sense to her? And why couldn't I get the thought out of my mind from last night... being used as a human sex toy? No matter how long I live I'm not sure if that memory will ever fade... seeing the literal inside of Kendra and having the most 'personal' sex one can imagine. Sure, it's been a wild week but that will probably be the weirdest thing I've done in my life -- period.

"I'm really glad you're back to normal" Kendra cooed, repeating herself as she lightly rubbed her body against me in her tangled up mess of bedding. It was almost as if we had been normal sized this whole time but I couldn't imagine how that would work. I was knocked out for several hours, it appeared, because it was now morning time and the light was sifting in through Kendra's blinds. I looked at her in confusion and then again around the room.

"Kendra... I just... I can't believe this..." I said in a startled daze, looking at her in my arms.

"What's not to believe?" Kendra said with a smile and leaned up to give me a kiss. I don't know why but I tried to resist it. I think she noticed this too but she still finished her motion, planting a small kiss on my lips. I think she had wanted to wrap me up for a full "make out session" but I subtly pulled my neck back to hint to her that I wasn't interested. But was I? Kendra gave me an inquisitive frown back.

"Heh... I um... thank you.. I..." I stuttered, looking at her confused face. She remained dead silent for a moment or two... and thus the awkwardness began.

"Yeah... um no problem... Jake..." Kendra sighed, sounding glum as she had dropped the 'Jakey' and was trying to talk less and less like my girlfriend. "Y'know... it was... I'm just... there for you and all"

"Yes, no doubt" I said, feeling extremely nervous as I looked at her, feeling a tinge of sadness myself, but I couldn't pinpoint why. She was absolutely beautiful, but she always had been. Beauty was never her problem. "and I just... I can't thank you enough..."

"Oh?" she said, momentarily giving me that excited look again. I slowly lifted the blankets from us, which caused her to turn away, dropping the excited look altogether.

I had to remind myself not to piss her off too much though. For all I know, she could have a shrinking vial in the same room. I sat up on the bed as Kendra took some of the sheets to better cover herself. She gave me a cold look.

"Okay..." she groaned, "So what gives?"

"Well..." I sighed.

"What?" Kendra asked, sounding impatient. I guess I didn't blame her.

"I... I don't know what to say, K" I chuckled nervously. As I looked around the room, at the mess all around, her clothes on the floor and strangely, my tiny shirt and pants, I couldn't help but question last night even more and more. When I thought it was my "last act" as a tiny man, sex with Kendra seemed fine but now that it looked like I was going to live (for the time being), I felt really guilty about everything, even moreso when I thought about Kelly. Then again, it's not like her and I were dating or anything.

"You could say thank you!" Kendra said with a mock smile, beginning to operate in 'angry mode'.

"I did... I did... I mean... thank you Kendra... really... thank you so much" I said and gave her a sincere kiss on the cheek before pulling away. She gave me another nasty look, this time standing straight up off the bed, keeping herself wrapped in dangling sheets. She gave me a stern look.

"It's that girl, isnt it?" she asked, rolling her eyes a bit.

"What?" I asked, only slightly confused but trying to stall for time.

"Lillian... it's that girl, Lillian" Kendra replied, "You like her, don't you?"

"What? Kendra, I barely know her... I just..." I stammered.

"Yeah, you barely know her, but that doesn't mean you can't like her" Kendra said, "I know how you work Jake... you fall hard but you don't always think things through..."

I was going to question Kendra's very statement but I thought it best to leave it alone for the time being and let her continue. I was now sitting up on her bed, grateful to be able to stretch my feet all the way across for a change.

"...you only like this Lillian girl BECAUSE you don't know her well... I know how you work, Jake... I know how most guys work, Jake... you don't want a 'sure thing', you like the challenge" Kendra scoffed.

"All due respect..." I muttered, "You were always the challenge for me"

"What?" Kendra sighed, shooting me a distasteful look.

"When we were actually together" I sighed, "I wanted you so bad at times but you'd push me away... then I'd get worried about losing you so I wouldn't talk as much... then you broke up with me... we went our seperate ways... then you said you couldn't live without me... those were YOUR words... and we did this for 2 years and then some and now you're going to tell me I don't want a sure thing... that's all I ever wanted was a sure thing, Kendra"

Kendra gave me an upset look back. Her lip began to quiver as she moved her hands up to her face to shield herself from being seen. She sat back down on the bed next to me and buried her face in her open palms, some small sobs coming from her.

"You're right!" she squealed through her closed hands. "You're right, Jake! I was such a bitch to you... and I don't blame you for not loving me... I just..."

"You weren't a bitch, Kendra... please..." I said, giving her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. She looked back at me with tears in her eyes as they turned bright red. "You really helped me out and I just... I..."

"Yeah?" Kendra said, challenging me again, "say it Jake... say it"

"I..."

"Yes?" Kendra asked, giving me a cold stare back as the tears slowly moved down her cheeks.

"I... I ... really care about you" I sighed.

"That's what I thought..." Kendra sobbed, turning away from me again.

She was right. I couldn't say it. I was shocked and appalled I couldn't say it given everything we had last night and before that, the 2 years together and all of our times that I always valued but I couldn't say it. I mean I could say it, if I really willed myself to but it would be so dishonest and unfair to Kendra, not to mention myself.

I always only had room in my heart for one woman at a time and as much as I cared for Kendra and even loved her on a purely sexual level, I didn't want to be "had" again. I didn't want to give my heart back to Kendra, only to end up further hurt and I was far enough out of our relationship to realize that now. My time with Lillian (or... Kelly) had taught me that there are other nice girls out there... really nice ones and that I don't have to stay with Kendra or feel hurt because she didn't want me... but now she did want me and I was again torn.

I also reminded myself that Kelly was with Kevin and that only furthered the long shot that was us ever getting together. Maybe Kendra was right and I had only wanted a challenge... I don't know anymore...

"Look" Kendra said, putting her arm on my shoulder, "This is a lot for you to handle right now... I understand. It's a lot for me too...just seeing you again and... being with you... it's been amazing but I understand why you would be skeptical... take some time and think about this...okay? I won't be angry either way but just give me a chance...please?"

I looked at her sad, but cute face, and nodded.

"Okay Kendra" I said, forcing a smile and kissing her on the cheek "Thank you so much... and I will definitely think about this.. I just need time"

"I know..." Kendra sighed, sounding out of breath from the ordeal. She placed her hand gently on mine for a moment before moving it away, "I know.. and I'll give you time"

"I appreciate it" I said, giving her another kiss on the forehead. "This doesn't change anything for us, okay? I still think you're awesome, I still am extremely thankful for last night and we'll always have that unforgettable experience together... not too many couples can say they've ever done that"

I got a laugh out of her.

"Right" Kendra chuckled, slapping my knee playfully. "You were pretty good in bed too... yknow for being just 5 inches tall"

I gave her a smile as I got up, also contained in my makeshift toga of bedsheets and blankets.

"Um... this may be a weird question but do you have ANY clothes I can wear out there?" I asked, feeling bashful as I gazed down at my tiny ensemble from earlier. That just simply wasn't going to cut it now.

"Hmm, I'm sure I have some modeling clothes I can lend you" Kendra chuckled, referring to her closet full of themed outfits and tight skirts. "But hmm... let me see"

Kendra got up, remaining extra careful to tug every square inch of linen around her body whenever it shifted. She poked through a few of her drawers and took out some pants and a black sweatshirt.

"You could probably wear these, right?" Kendra asked. "The pants might be a bit tight on you but it's really all I have... all of my other things are going to be... well let's just say they're not your style"

I gave Kendra a hug and took the clothes she offered me, going into the bathroom to change. I couldn't believe any of this was for real. I was finally back to normal size? The first thing I was going to do was call my step-mom and sister Amber and let them know I was alright. Then I would try to get back home as soon as possible and live as normal a life as I could after all of this.

Of course, that's what I said I was going to do...

But once I reached the outside of Kendra's apartment, the first phone call I made was to someone else entirely.

I nervously hung on the phone for several seconds waiting for someone to pick up. At last, I heard her familiar voice.

"Jake?"

"Kelly?" I asked, just making sure I had gotten her right number.

"Jake..." she said, and then lowered her voice as if she were being watched, "How are you doing?"

"I'm... I'm great" I said slowly, a bit suspicious but still excited to hear Kelly's voice again. "I'm... back to normal size now"

"WHAT? NO WAY! THAT'S AMAZING!" Kelly squealed. I briefly moved the phone away from my ear to soften the ear piercing screeching on the other hand. She was understandably happy for me and I was glad. I never knew she had such a 'loud' side to her though.

"Yep... I um.. just kind of... am normal size again" I explained, not really sure how to reason through any of that.

"Oh my god, Jake... I want to hear EVERYTHING" kelly said, although part of me told myself that she wouldn't want to know EVERYTHING... "We should um..."

I heard a male voice in the background. Kevin most likely. I heard Kelly talking to him, re-iterating what I had said. Nervously, I chimed in again.

"But yeah... we should hang out sometime... when you're free" I said nervously.

"Yeah... Jake, I just can't believe this, this is amazing!" Kelly said. Again, I heard Kevin in the background but I couldn't make out what he was saying. If I had to guess, I'd wager that he wasn't too happy about us talking. The feeling was somewhat mutual because I didn't appreciate him kicking me around when I was small.

After some time passed, I began to worry that Kelly was no longer on the line.

"Kelly?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah... sorry Jake" Kelly said and then she mumbled something (sounded angry) to Kevin in the background before returning to our current conversation, "I think that'd be great... we should set something up sometime"

"Okay... well just let me know..." I said, listening as she trailed off in the background. Was she even paying attention?

Just then, my phone screen went blank. Dead battery. It was probably for the best. Things were getting kind of awkward but I was glad I was able to relay my news to her. Damn it. I was supposed to talk to my family first...
Chapter End Notes:

Next time, we take a look back into Kelly's life and don't think it's over yet. I hope you've enjoyed this storyline so far because it's about to take several more twists. Thank you again to all of those who read and review and I will be updating soon!