- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jess continues to take in our starring tiny couple. Written from Kelly's point of view 

The gentle hum of the road was strangely relaxing. While gazing around the interior of Jess' old Mazda was a little more than surreal, I felt somewhat at ease being with my best friend and while I wasn't sure how any of this was going to work out, I was experiencing a strange calm, to be sure. My head was, at one time, ringing from the noise and the crying I had done. For the time being though, I felt still, I felt right.

I glanced down at Jake, and he must've been feeling okay too because he was pretty much fast asleep. I laid a hand gently over his slumbering body and he let out a soft noise. I wasn't sure quite how to describe it, but whereever he was, it was far from here... he was out like a light.

Speaking of lights, Jess' car was full of them ; strips of neon red surrounded me and her in the flickering darkness of the night as she drove at a decent speed back to her apartment. I think it wouldn't be until then that I'd feel the true gravity of our situation hit me again. Until that time, I wanted to just continue breathing slowly, for my own sake and for Jake who was trying to enjoy a nice rest while he could.

"So, Kel" Jess said. I immediately feared her massive voice would awake my tiny boyfriend.

"Jess..." I said, in a low tone, but it sounded clear enough on her radio speakers, "Jake's um... sleeping"

"Oh" she said, and lowered her voice somewhat, "Well, I was going to say that we're almost here... so um... yeah"

Jess then put on a smile, but I could tell she was nervous. I didn't blame her. This was uncharted territory for both of us. I wasn't exactly confident in the fact that I was so little, and I didn't know how long it would be for this time. I also didn't know if I had indirectly cost Jake any chance of living a normal life again.

Suddenly, that headache came back with a vengeance. I raised a hand to my forehead, which somehow didn't evade Jess' notice as she slowed the car to a stop.

"Kelly? Are you alright?" she asked, sliding the key from the ignition.

"Yeah..." I said, but I was straining through the pain from what felt like a migraine. I saw and felt Jake slowly move his body about, before laying still again. I tapped him gently with my other hand's ring finger. "Hey... Hey Jake... we're here"

Jess looked down at me for a long moment, forcing me to blush. This was more embarassing than I originally thought it would be (and that's saying something). Still, she kept her face in that "cautiously optimistic" position.

"Maybe you don't need to wake him, Kel" Jess said, setting her keys into her pocket before extending her hand down. I would undoutedly need a lot of help to crawl out of this enclosure she had us in. She tucked her fingers into the cup holder and I reached forward and took hold with my hands, eventually pulling myself up and over so that I lay clumsily on her hand. The whole time, I kept a free hand and held my torso lightly, just in case Jake was moved but he seemed fairly secure. Hell, it looked like he could've fallen out of the car and still stayed asleep in the state he was in.

Jess carefully raised me up.

"Gee, he's a sound sleeper, huh?" Jess asked. Even her words didn't wake him up, although again, I could feel slight disturbances in his breathing, as if he were about to awaken but it never came to pass. Jess stood up and opened the door to the car.

It was then I was briefly brought out into the vastness of the night outside her apartment. Being shrunk for so long at the museum, I was rarely exposed to the outdoors. It was something incredible to be so little and feel even smaller in comparison to Jess' apartment building and just the open air around us. I could only imagine how Jake felt being even littler. As soon as Jess had fully removed herself from the vehicle, she lowered me gently into her pocket again and started walking.

I felt so chilly in just the tight pink nightie and the cold breeze wasn't helping. It stung my skin, but only above the waist because for the most part, Jess' thigh was providing some body warmth and I found myself trying to wriggle my body deeper into her pocket so I'd stay warm. In doing so, my boobs jiggled a little bit which seemed to finally wake up Jake.

He looked straight down and then back up. I looked straight down and could see him. He was kind of cute just sitting down there, but I tried not to let that distract me. I don't know what it was, but seeing him so small kind of turned me on. Now wasn't the time, though.

"Wh-What's happening?" Jake asked.

"We're going upstairs now... Jess is taking us in for the night" I said, "We both need some rest, although you already got some"

Jake nodded.

"Right... sorry... I um... my head's kind of spinning and I don't know why but I always get so drowsy when I'm smaller..." Jake replied.

"No worries, Jake" I smiled, "Seriously. You've done quite enough for me... and did I mention you're kind of amazing?"

"Yeah, a few dozen times" Jake joked.

I jostled my arm free and used my hand to gently lift Jake from my top. I brought him to my lips and laid a slow kiss on him.

"Well, you are amazing, Jake" I said softly, "so amazing, you're honestly leaving me speechless right now"

Jake gave me a curious look, and I could understand why but it was true. I usually didn't feel this nervous around guys I liked but Jake was something else. From the beginning, he had pleasantly surprised me -- first with his kindness, but then just his personality always seemed so genuine. Besides our first meeting, I'd never known him as "himself", he had always been shrunk down for me. I was sad that I hadn't gotten a chance to meet the "real" Jake, before he had shrunk. I don't know why but part of me feared that when he did return to normal size, he would leave me and I almost wouldn't blame him.

"Hmm, you're speechless?" Jake asked, "Normally I'm the one who gets nervous... well, in front of girls I like"

"Really?" I asked, raising an eye brow.

"Yeah, it's true... I sometimes hide behind a 'cool demeanor' but I'm always terrible with talking to girls when I really like them... and um... I definitely like you, Kelly" he said, "but I'm actually really comfortable talking to you"

"Oh?" I said, "Well maybe you don't really like me then, huh?"

"Heh, I can see your logic behind that but no, I know what you mean but no... I really.... really like you Kelly..." Jake said.

"I really like you too, Jake" I said, nervously smiling. It was hard to believe this little man was stealing my heart so quickly. "In fact...Jake? I think I..."

"We're here" Jess said, her voice startling us both as we had seemingly gotten lost in our conversation up until that point. In fact, I barely noticed the scenery passing us by enroute to Jess' room, as she jarred the door open. Seeing as how we were back, I decided to just keep Jake in my hands for now. Jess let out a long drawn out breath before she said, "You ready?"

I'm not sure why she asked that, because she had no chance of hearing me all squeezed up in her pocket like I was. Still, I appreciated the courtesy, it was the same sort of gesture Jake would've afforded me if he were still normal sized. As it was, though, I was keeping him safe as Jess lifted us from her pocket and set us down on the kitchen counter.

I still felt a chill go through me and I shook a little bit. I don't know why I was so cold but it was embarassing as hell to be standing here in this pink nightie in front of Jess.

"I could turn up the heat if you'd like" Jess suggested. I shook my head

"It's okay" I sighed, "It's a passing thing, the cold... I guess I'm just a little more sensitive to it at this size"

Jess nodded in understanding.

"Okay, well first thing's first" Jess said, looking me over "I'm going to make you something more comfortable to wear"

"Heh, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Just hold on one sec, okay?" Jess said, "I'll be right back"

"Sure" I chuckled, "Where the hell am I gonna go?"

Jess left us up on the counter for a couple moments as she faded into her bedroom behind the door. I looked at Jake and smiled. He seemed tired still, and in a daze but he gave me a half-hearted smile back. I wondered if he was upset with me. Again, I wouldn't blame him.

Jess came back with a bundle of colorful material in her arms and some knitting needles.

"Great..." I thought to myself, "...she's going to get to exercise her crafty side now"

"So" Jess said, with a slight hint of excitement in her voice, "I've been taking up quilting as I may have mentioned before and now I can use some of these felt patches to make you a new dress"

"You're too much" I chuckled, as Jess knelt down in front of the counter to hear me better. Her face was several inches away from us. "At least you won't have to waste too much of your felt for this"

"It's not a waste" Jess scoffed, "You're worth it"

"Okay okay" I sighed, "So how are we going to do this?"

"Well..." Jess said, going through the colorful patches on the counter, "I'm going to need you to stand pretty still for me for a second... also, you're going to need to put Jake down on the counter... if he's okay with that, of course"

I looked to Jake and he shrugged and nodded. I guess that was a 'yes'. I set him down gently on the counter.

"Okay... so, what color did you want?" Jess asked.

I thought to myself and then looked down to Jake. I knelt down in front of him to get his opinion.

"Hey Jake..." I said, "What's your favorite color?"

"I've always been partial to blue" he replied.

I smiled and stood up again, looking up at Jess.

"What do you have for blue?" I asked

"I've got this... royal blue" Jess said, pulling out a swatch of cloth. The fabric was a tad bigger than I was and she held it out in front of me like a sheet, moving it around curiously. I nodded. It was a nice enough color. Hopefully, this wouldn't be a permanent arrangement anyway. "Ok, hold on, Kel"

I swallowed uncomfortably as Jess pulled out her knitting needles and my body shook a little bit again. She placed the cloth over my body briefly and pulled it away. She then placed the cloth on the counter and made a marking in pencil. It was almost as if she had done this before.

"This could be a whole new career for you" I joked, "making clothes for Barbie dolls"

"Psh, thanks" Jess chuckled, "but you're no Barbie doll, girl"

"I sure feel like one" I replied, rolling my eyes. Sometimes, it was okay to have a little fun with things.

"Okay, here we go..." Jess said, methodically placing the cloth around me like a cape once she had made some modifications. Her eyes were laser focused as she tugged the cloth around my torso, giving it a little pinch with her fingernails in the back. I couldn't believe it, but it was a near perfect fit. She used some very fine needlework to crochet the back end of the dress so it stayed taught around my body. She then backed up a little bit and put her hand on her chin, deep in thought. "How's that?"

I looked down at my now covered bust line and then to my exposed shoulder. It was almost like I was wearing a napkin but the material was surprisingly comfortable against me. It also covered most of my legs, cutting off around the knees. I couldn't believe it, but this might've been a "dress" I would wear at regular size. I nodded in approval and smiled.

"Thanks Jess" I said, "What do I owe you?"

"This one's on the house, dear" Jess laughed.

"Thank you so much, seriously" I said, giving her a small bow of the head. I felt a lot more comfortable just from a modesty standpoint. I liked to be sexy sometimes but now wasn't exactly the best opportunity. It was a shame I'd have to discard this dress when and if I returned to normal. I looked down at Jake who appeared to be out of it again. "What do you think, hun?"

He looked up at me in a daze.

"Nice" he said, his voice a bit slurred as he appeared to be falling asleep. Poor little guy.

I lifted him up and placed him on my shoulder. He held onto my neck for safety.

"I can barely see him, Kelly" Jess said, "But you guys make a cute couple..."

I nodded in agreement. Jake was so cute up on my shoulder. As I watched him doze off, I gently reached my hand up for him so he wouldn't fall. I kept him cradled in my palm as Jess lifted us up and took us into her bedroom. It was going to be an interesting morning to be sure, but for now, all I wanted to do was sleep as well. This had been a helluva night.
Chapter End Notes:

Things are bound to get more hectic in the morning, but for now, we'll let these two rest... I look forward to hearing your reviews as always and thank you again for your support and kindness over the duration of what has become one of my more ambitious stories.

Id love to hear any suggestions or critiques you may have as well. That said, Happy Reading!