- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Inside the life of Amber O'Day a government official

Log Book entry:

 

Allright it appears like there has been progress made today in finding the frequency for the wall's electric security. We believe that if we could get just a few women over the wall we could disable their defenses enough to bring the wall down completely. The air is getting thick with anticipation for our invasion. This is privy information and only a few high ranking officials know the planned date and method. I have been let in with only the bare minimum but I have a feeling it will happen within a month or two.

 

There is talk that the Madame is getting anxious and is ready to put the plan into action. For me the thought of invasion is a welcome thought as I have grown stale in this world and the only info I have on the other gender is from old video clips. For all of my 30 years I have only ever known and talked to women which is fine but the sexual tension is thick for us all.

 

The technology the men possess will also be a welcome addition as we have long lagged behind in that department. Many women have grown frustrated with the knowledge of what they are enjoying over there and feel it isn't fair that we are living in comparitive barbaric conditions. The main issue however is the lack of living space we are currently going through. Due to each passing generation's growth and rising numbers living space had become a huge issue and resources are becoming thin. The world we live in isn't designed to support the large number and size of our species.

 

When the wall first went up the world was divided by 65/35 in our favor but with the growing needs we need the other 35 %. We know their numbers are far less than our's and they don't need the space we do. The simple unknown fact is our way of life is unsubstainible as currently constructed. If all goes unchanged and we don't gain the additional land and technology we will all cease to excist in 30 years according to the stats.

 

With the way we are using up resources and our daughters growing larger each year the need for expansion is dire. There have been groups of women who are adamently against violence to get what we need and there is an opposing group who say expansion and takeover are needed now. These women feel like the in fighting is taking it's toll on our citizen's and for the mental health of our youth a change is needed.

 

In high schools all around the land a growing number of groups have taken form in a training class intended to infiltrate the walls security. I know all of this is folly as we don't have the techno to accomplish any such feat. There have been a few fatalities where young women have tried to force their way through the wall and been electrecuted. I know in my heart that if we do eventually get through the wall we can make the men see that a life with us is better than what they currently enjoy. I and several other's believe that we can teach these men that we are not the monsters they see us as.

 

I have to believe in the future for our present is going downhill fast and if the general public knew what I did there would be massive riots. Fear creates confusion and needless violence. I end my entry for the evening.

 

 

 

...........................................................................................................................

 

 

Meanwhile at the Court of Justice a young woman named Karla Sanchez is being put into a holding cell for her actions of defiance against the Regime. She was seen rallying women outside the steps of the Madame's house in an attempt to get answers for the lack of action.

 

Karla was living in the slums and had seen firsthand the hardships of the world. Food and money were hard to get and violence was on the rise.Several gangs were in the area recruitng for ranks and Karla's best friend Deidre was recruited and subsequently shot in a gang war.

 

Karla had seen several of her school mates entering gangs and depression had taken root in her mind. She was determined to make a better life for her sick mother and 4 sisters. Being the oldest of the 5 she felt a responsibility to her family to make life better for them all. The crowded dirty slums she ived in were responsible for so much strife in her life she needed a gleam of hope.

 

She got that hope one day when she overheard several girls who were advocates for a Takeover talking about invading the wall. There was talk of spacious lands and more food than she could imagine. Supposedly the species living there were men and they were like little wizards who possesed a magic to create technology,medicine and mass amounts of food. The air was supposed to be purified and there were large amounts of unused land where anybody could enjoy long walks without seeing a soul.

 

There were some areas in Karla's land but they all were owned by rich  farmers or had abandoned buildings and smelled like garbage. The thought of living in such a utopia gave Karla the hope she had been searching for,somehow she needed to get over to this new land and make life better for her family.

 

This new path led Karla to the jail cell she was currently being locked in. It was rather ironic that the chase of freedom had led her to being locked up. Hearing the cell door lock behind her Karla was only thinking that this wasn't the end of the line for her dream. She would be heard and she would make life bette for her family,she just had to.

...........................................................................................................................

 

 

"Madame we have done it!"

 

The 33 year old brunette sitting in her chair turned around as her top aid walked in her office.

 

"You mean it right?"

 

"Yes Madame we have cracked the code and are ready to begin operation unite. We only await your order and stamp of approval." The young perky blonde aid chirped.

 

"I have sat in this office for 2 terms and was elected at age 25 Caroline. My whole legacy will be defined by this decision. Do I go through wih this and change the course of history forever? I know it needs to be done but still I wonder if it is the right thing to do."

 

"Madame if I may inject my opinion i'd like to say something"the young aid said

 

"Go on Christine I value your opinion." came the response of the Madame

 

"Well mam it may sound harsh but the lives of our very citizens rest on this one choice. You were elected with the promise of improving their lives and the very fact that our survival rides on expansion and unity i'd say the decision is easy. I mean no disrespect Madame but I feel no choice will be served up on a plate like this one. "

 

"Yes Christine our survival does ride on this,but how about them?"

"Them mam" Christine asked confused

 

"The men on the other side,they are people too and they have made it clear they don't want anything to do with us. I know our reputation over there and it isn't pretty. If we force ourselves back into their life I feel the relationship will forever be damaged. Remember Chrisitne this isn't meant to be a takeover just a unity of our cultures. I know several young women who might not know their own strength and they scare me. Sexual tension is a rampant condition and the men over there are very fragile. Do I not need to take into account their future too?"

 

Christine pondered the Madames question and responded. "Well Madame I think that we could show these men how tender we could be. That is why the plan is not a full on invasion but rather a pahsing process with women trained to handle and be around men. We heave protocol after all. It's your choice Madame and I know you'll make the correct one."

 

Staring off into the distance the Madame weighed her options and prepeared to walk to the conference room to make the call. After deliberating for several more moments she had made up her mind and began walking towards the most important decision of her life.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

The leader of the Male Nation learns of a possible invasion next chapter.