- Text Size +
The door swung open as Nora returned home, supposedly ready to rush up stairs and check on me. Instead, she was dumbfounded as she looked upon her living room. Lillian's feet were propped onto the wooden table while I stood in front of her toes, painting them a nice red color with a rather large brush. Well, large for me that is.

"Nora, sweetie! Why didn't you tell me Dominic was over?" Lillian asked earnestly, brushing a lock of hair back as she turned to look at her daughter.

"Because...I didn't know how t'explain it? Also I didn't think you'd be so chill about the whole thing." Nora admitted with much confusion.

"Oh I was certainly concerned at first, but then he explained how he-" Lillian was about to go on, but she suddenly cut herself off when he noticed me looking at her and waving my arms. "Oh, right, I'm not allowed to say." She giggled to herself and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Not allowed t'say? What's that supposed t'mean? And uh, why is he painting your nails?" Nora wasn't getting any questions answered, just more confusion.

"We were just chatting and catching up when I saw him looking toward my feet. I apologized for accidentally stepping on him earlier and mentioned that my toenails aren't usually so devoid of color. I asked if he'd like to help me decide on a color and now here we are!" Nora's mother gestured toward me with both arms as I finished up her last pinky toe, almost like she were saying 'tah-dah!'

"Riiiiight, well do you mind if I take Dom back for a while? I'm sure you'll both have more time t'talk later."

"Of course sweetie, you two have fun! After I let my toes dry for a while, I'll be starting dinner." Lillian stated while offering her hand to me. I carefully crawled onto it and was transferred to Nora's hand. As Nora started walking away, I noticed Lillian wink at me with a thumbs up.

"Sooo what exactly was that all about? I know you and my mom always got along, but that was just weird." She looked down at me, an eyebrow raised quizzically.

"I think she just really missed me. After I helped her pick a color, she just assumed I was helping her paint them too. I couldn't just tell her no..." I was mostly telling the truth, but there were some private conversations I had with Lillian that Nora didn't need to know about. Not yet at least.

"Sure, okay." She was obviously skeptical, but she let it slide anyways. "How did she end up steppin' on you? Also, were you checkin' out her feet?" These somewhat accusatory questions caught me off guard.

"It's a long story, so I'll try to sum it up once we get back to your room. In regards to me possibly probably checking out your mom's feet...can you blame me? At least you've got good genes."

Nora busted out laughing when I said this, slamming the door to her room closed behind her and sitting on the bed. Once the laughter died down and she could speak normally, Nora sighed with a grin. "Alright, give me the cliff notes of the few hours while I was away."
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter, Dom / Nora catch up and we meet the last sister! Were you guys expecting Lillian to be so understanding? There will be plenty more interactions in the future. Let me know what you think.