- Text Size +
"Dom, a-are you okay?" Nora asked, her voice shaking. I gave no response, just more sobbing. I just wanted nothing more than to disappear, make it so she wouldn't have to look at me. "It's alright, it's alright. You don't have t'worry, I already knew." Tears continued to stream down my face, but I attempted to wipe them clean from my eyes as I turned to look up at her.

"You what?"

"I knew that you liked my feet." She stated matter-of-factly with a gentle smile. "I'm sorry I didn't say anythin' before, but I didn't know you'd cry. I just...wanted you t'have fun. You always stress too much."

"H-h-how did you know?" I wasn't stuttering, I was gasping for breath as I tried to recover from my breakdown. The tears stopped flowing, but my heart was still racing. "I gave you foot massages, sure, but that doesn't mean I like feet."

"Remember how you started usin' a pillow t'prop my feet on your lap?"

Of course I remembered. I nearly had a panic attack one night when I was massaging her foot and it brushed against my crotch. She didn't react, so I assumed she didn't feel my boner. Since that incident I used a pillow as a barrier between her feet and my crotch.

"You...felt that?"

"Of course I did. I didn't say anythin' though because, well, it's just somethin' you like. If you didn't want me t'know about it, then I wasn't gonna force it outta you." Nora explained with a shrug as she picked me up and turned over to sit on the bed. After she opened up her hand, I sat down in the middle of her palm and continued the discussion.

"So, all this stuff today about having me around your feet?" I was a mixture of confused and relieved.

"Well, I seriously had no idea you were in my shoe this mornin'. As you talked about bein' under my feet though, I decided I wanted t'make you more comfortable with it. There's nothin' t'be afraid of, you're just a normal guy who happens t'like feet. Big whoop." Her finger came over and lightly flicked my right arm, which I assumed was meant to simulate punching me. I laughed at this, although the force of the flick knocked me over. "Oh, sorry!"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." The flick may have left a bruise, but I wasn't going to say anything about it. "But..." I sat back up, now staring down at her palm. "I was a disgusting pervert." I couldn't believe I lost control like that.

"You're not a pervert. You may have gone overboard, yeah, but it was bound t'happen. You like feet and now you've got a giant pair all t'yourself! I don't blame you, honestly. I'm, uh, flattered that you like 'em so much." She began to blush and my emotions were a jumbled mess. I was so horny that I humped her foot without asking and she wasn't upset in the slightest? I started to tear up again, which immediately worried Nora. "Hey, I said everythin' is cool! What's wrong?"

"You're too nice. I don't deserve such a good friend." I tried to wipe away the new tears with my arm.

"We're not just friends, we're best friends. You've always been there for me too, don't forget that. When my dad died, you tried t'cheer me up every single day. Even when I pushed you away, you kept comin' back."

"I wasn't going to abandon you when you needed me most." I stated and shook my head.

"And now you need me. Not only do you have this little problem," Nora used her thumb and index finger to signify what the 'little' problem was. "but you're also too hard on yourself. I'm not sure how long you're goin' t'be like this, so I think it's best we enjoy it."

Finally, my body wasn't trembling anymore and the waterworks seemed to have shutdown. Her kind words helped calm me down and I couldn't appreciate it more. I looked up at her with a wide grin. "I think that sounds great."

"I'm glad you see it my way. Oh, and for the record, you felt pretty good in my shoe. I thought you were a pebble, so I had fun playin' with you. The only reason I knew something was wrong is because most pebbles aren't fuzzy." She said, gesturing to the brown hair atop my head.

"So...I make a good pebble?" I asked with red cheeks.

"Oh, A+ material. Ten outta ten." Nora winked at me and looked like she was going to say something else, but then her phone beeped. She checked it and let out a sudden gasp.

"What? What is it?" Based on her expression, it had to be important.

"We're gonna start the raid soon." Nora proclaimed, holding up her game controller with a determined look in her eyes. "And we're down a person."

This was serious. Without the recommended six people to do the raid, everything was going to be a lot more difficult. More enemies to deal with and one less ally to have your back. Everyone would need to play at their absolute best if they wanted to beat it. The odds were definitely against them.
Chapter End Notes:
The confessions! Lots of dialogue this chapter, but it was all important for character building. Also, I realized this chapter that I've been forgetting to change the "to" into " t' " for Nora's speech. It's not a necessity, but I like it since it portrays her lax way of speaking. Next chapter...the raid!