- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

First of all, I would not like to confuse anyone. This is a bonus chapter for Side Effects Volume 2, a re-write of an already existing chapter with some illustrations I commissioned to the great SorenZer0. Volume 2 has been complete for a while.

I already started writing Volume 3 and there are 8 chapters up at the moment I'm posting this. If you are interested in this story and you want to read the latest, please check Side Effects Volume 3 (http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=5389&index=1).

 

CHAPTER 7
SECOND CHANCES (Illustrated)

Kelly realized that she had been idle for a long while. Dust from the hotel’s collapse was already settling down and the crowd that had seen her burst through the hotel’s roof was long gone. She could still see them in the distance, but then again, Kelly could see very far away from her new vantage point of view.

With the hotel gone, no other building in her surroundings reached much higher than her waist. Or to put it more bluntly, none reached higher than her crotch, she thought, her mind going again over her nakedness. Curiously enough, it had been one of the first things it had focused on just after the hotel came down, even making her cover her womanhood and tits with her arms for a brief moment. Of course, she had quickly realized about the absurdity of it all, especially coming from someone that over the last months had made a living of showing her naked body to drunken crowds in a strip club. Feeling the breeze on her clean-shaven cunt was a new feeling for her, though, even if not a totally uncomfortable one, she realized.

Her pragmatism took over, though. It was not as if she was going to find any clothes her size so, unless her path brought her next to a circus tent, she would remain naked. There was nothing to do about it, so there was no point worrying about it. All she had to do was to imagine that she would have a much bigger audience than usual.

She had more pressing matters to worry about.

Breathing in hard, she looked down at her surroundings once more and let the situation sink in. She had grown again. It was undeniable. And she had already pinched herself several times to make sure that it had not been a dream. Having gone through a similar experience before helped her mind accept her new situation with far less resistance than it should have been normal. 

Still, this was a situation Kelly had never expected to find herself at again. 

“If I believed in fate I would have to think that all this was somehow meant to be” she thought. She had tried to keep the memories of what had happened in Henford out of her mind as hard as she had been able to during most of the six years that had gone by, and except for the occasional glitch or moment of weakness, she had mostly been able to. And suddenly, in less than a week her past had swept over her. Up to the point that she had ended up sleeping with the nerd that had turned her into a giant in the first place and discussing the events of the day all had changed with her former friend, who now was in prison precisely as a consequence of what she had done while being giant.

With the dam that she had built around them gone, memories of that day flooded her mind during most of last week. And now, when she had finally accepted that she had actually liked being big and she had understood that she regretted not having enjoyed it when she had been presented with the chance, the chance presented again to her. Looking down, her mind added that the chance had actually presented again bigger than ever.

Kelly reached the conclusion even before she realized she had been thinking about it:

“This time it will be different. This time I’ll take the chance”. Looking around her at the miniature city once more, her mind added: “This time I’ll enjoy it”

She meant it. She also knew there would be no reward if she wimped out, like the last time. In the end, her growth had started the moment they had tried to kill her, which told her how much they appreciated their help in ending Casey’s threat, back in Henford. She understood they would try to kill her again. And if that was going to be the case, staying big was the best she could do to prevent it. Or at least to make it much harder for them.

She still could not understand how come she had grown again. She did not believe in fate, so there should be some other reason. The fact that being shot at had triggered the process bothered her. Having been tested more over the last week than in the previous two years bothered her more. And the knowledge that Ron knew something and that she had not managed to get it out of him was even more bothering.

“If I catch him once more I’ll make sure he spits all out, though. And then I will thank him for having sent someone to kill me” the thought, mentally blaming Ron for the attempt on her life by FSD agents.

The idea that Ron might have known that trying to kill her would trigger her growth and that he was to thank for what had finally happened to her briefly travelled through her mind, but she quickly discarded it for its sheer absurdity.

“Time to get moving” her mind demanded, and almost automatically she took her right foot out of the rubble of the hotel and stepped into the middle of the road.

Thank God she had been slow, since otherwise there would have been serious risk of her losing her footing, completely unprepared for what happened. The moment her massive foot hit the road, the tarmac noticeably sank under it. It felt almost as if it had melted, cracks being sent all over around her foot.

“Fuck” she said aloud, moving her foot back into the rubble. Looking down, she saw the shape of her once delicate foot imprinted in the asphalt.

Her last time as a big girl she had felt some cracks on the road when she had walked on it, but nothing comparable to this. 

She realized she weighted much more, since she was much bigger. How much bigger exactly, she did not know. She knew that she had clearly emerged through the roof of the 20-stories tall hotel just before it had collapsed, which put her somewhere in between 20 and 25 stories in height.

“I guess that building measurements are the only ones that make sense for someone like me now” she thought. “I hope I did not get too big” her mind added unexpectedly.

When she thought in the events back in Henford, she knew that she had preferred being around a hundred feet to being “just” thirty. Following the same logic being more than twice taller should be better. It would definitely make her stronger. And harder to kill, her mind added. She just hoped that it would not make her interaction with her surroundings more difficult. 

She felt it wouldn’t.

“A hundred feet were right for Henford. Now, this is the big city, and a big city needs a bigger woman”

The best way to check how her relationship with the small world had changed from the last time she had looked at it from high above was to find a reference. And the best possible reference was people.

She looked back in the direction the crowd had fled. She did not know how long she had kept idle, but they had managed to put a decent distance between her and them. She still felt that she should be able to catch up with them easy enough once she got moving, though. She was about to get started when she caught something through the corner of her eye and stopped. She looked down again.

Apparently, not everyone had joined the fleeing masses. She had overlooked them at first, their tiny sizes having definitely helped, but now that she had realized they were there she could see them very clearly. There were a few of them, hiding behind vehicles or in the portals of some of the still-standing buildings. And they were readily available. Much more than their colleagues down the road. 

Without warning, Kelly crouched and then let herself drop, sitting down in the pile of rubble that had once been a high-end hotel. The pile was about three stories in height and acted as some sort of cushion for Kelly. The ground briefly shook and some dust was raised in the air as her ass hit its target, but it was soft enough. 

Her newfound height gave her enough reach for most of the sneaky groups around her, so it was just a matter of choosing. A man trying his best to hide behind a large SUV was the most attractive option. Almost unkowingly she felt some disdain at the fact that he thought he could hide from her. With a weird combination of playfulness and superiority, she reached out with her left hand, ready to show the man how wrong he had been. Moving her hand in front of the car, she jsut needed a casual gesture to swipe it backwards like a "hot wheels", breaking the parking brake effectively removing the cover of the suited man that had been hiding behind it. 





With the car suddenly gone, the man lost his precarious balance and dropped to the ground. All he managed to see when he turned was a massive hand getting ready to pinch him between two fingers that were taller than him. Turning, he tried to crawl away from the approaching threat. It was the easiest thing in the world for Kelly to pinch his leg and pull him upwards.





He yelled all the way to his final destination, which was no other than to dangle in front of her curious face. Sizing him mentally, Kelly thought that he was about a couple in inches tall. Pen drive size, her mind added. Feeling arrogant, she let him dangle upside down for a couple of seconds before saying:

"Were you going anywhere?" 

Moving the index finger of her right hand to draw a "No" in the air, she added "I don't think so". She doubted she could feel more powerful than she was feeling at that precise moment.





She smiled. The man was clearly smaller than the small men she was used to, but while she somehow missed the possibility of holding him in a good commanding grip, he still looked easy enough to handle. To put it in the terms that best suited her playful mood, he was still toy-sized. He was only a much smaller toy. 

Seeing that his face was getting red, undoubtedly a consequence of his upside down position, Kelly decided to make it easier for him, so she brought his hand down, turned it and let the man roll until he was lying in the center of her palm. Seeing his tiny figure surrounded by nothing but her flesh felt amazing. She gave him a few seconds to recover and said:

“Hi there, my little green army man” she said in a soft tone, letting her excitement take over

The man did only yell back in response. No matter how small he was, her ears could still clearly catch the high-pitched screams. 

“Would it help if I told you that I don’t have the intention of hurting you?” Kelly said, keeping the same soft tone. Unconsciously, she was addressing him as if he were a little kid. Then, feeling playful at the same time as the back of her mind processed the consequences and possibilities of the difference in scales, she added in a mocking tone: “I don’t plan on eating you either”

He did not get the joke. To be fair with him, very few people in his position would have. Still, this got him back to screaming once she had managed to soften his mood with her first sentence.

She hushed for a while. He finally started to calm down.

“I’m Kelly, by the way” she said

The man had shut up. He was looking at her, startled.

“Wouldn’t it be great if you introduced yourself as well?” she suggested with a smile

“Bra… Brandon”

“Nice to meet you BraBrandon” she joked. She could see that he had not liked it, which only made her chuckle. “Oh, come on. Someone needs to bring some levity into this situation, and I don’t think it’s going to be you”

“Please don’t hurt me” Brandon said

“I told you I wouldn’t” she replied, rolling her eyes

“How…?” he then started to ask. He shut up, thinking that he was maybe screwing up.

“How did I become so big?” she finished the question for him. A quick look to his face told her that it was what he had been trying to ask. “To be honest, I don’t really know. A long time ago, back in my hometown, I drank something that a nerd had prepared. It made me grow. I’m sure you’ve heard about it, even though Casey and Lisa managed to get most of the attention after that. There are still a fair number of matches if you google my name, though. Back then, they managed to shrink me back to normal, somehow, but it seems that whatever it was that happened has come back”

The man looked at her in awe, not able to find anything to say. Smiling, she added:

“And this time, I plan on enjoying it”

She could feel the question in his eyes. She could not prevent a chuckle.

“Look, I’ve been small for most of my life, so I know that there is no way you can understand it. But when you are my size you see things in a different way. No matter what people say, size does matter. When you grow, suddenly the world you’ve known your entire life turns into a playground. You are surrounded by toys. Uncountable possibilities unfold in front of your eyes, and each of them seems more appealing than the last. Your inner self screams at you to enjoy them. No one else can do so, so you feel really privileged. You also feel very powerful, knowing for a fact that no one can do anything to stop you from getting whatever you want in whichever way you want it. Fun and power… it’s an intoxicating combination, you see. It takes a lot of self-control to hold yourself back. I know it. It took me a lot, back in Hollner, the last time I grew” Kelly said in a cheerful tone

The man was looking at her with inquisitive eyes. She let a laugh out and said:

“And I’m not going to make the same mistake twice”

“But…” the man started to say. Kelly let him finish: “what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know yet. It’s not as if I had this planned. Go out for a walk, try my size out a little, I guess, maybe go for a new scale of sightseeing”

Brandon started to say “But…” when he held himself back once more.

Winking, Kelly said: 

“Oh, don’t worry, I’ll be careful. As much as a 25-stories tall woman can be, anyway” she added, remembering what had happened to the road just by setting her foot down on it. “I’m not planning to go all Godzilla on the city”

“But the people, the cops…” Brandon started to say

The reference to the cops made Kelly frown, which at the same turn made Brandon get even more scared.

“Look honey, and if anyone talks to you, by all means tell them what I said… it would be best for everyone if you little guys just realized that things have changed. I’ve grown, I’m big and I’m here. I’m not going to shrink again. And no one should expect that I do not act as if I were not much bigger and stronger than any of you. That would be plain stupid. But I can be reasonable. I can enjoy while still showing a fair amount of care and respect. As I said, I’m not planning to go all Godzilla on the city. In the long run, once everyone has accepted the status quo, this may be even mutually beneficial. Sure, there will be consequences to me roaming around the city, but I can also help with other things. If you little guys are alright with that, I can work with you” she said

Then, narrowing her eyes, she changed her tone for a harder one:

“If you decide not to be reasonable yourselves, though… if you go the ‘let’s kill the giant’ way, things are going to get uglier. Believe me, the size difference accounts for much more than you can imagine, and I’m ready to prove it to anyone tries to mess with me. And when I’m done, I’ll stop being careful with the rest of you”

She was not expecting him to reply. He did not.

“Now, let’s get over with the whole eating you thing…” she said, again in a mocking tone

“Noooo!” he yelled again

“You’ll eventually catch my sense of humor” she said as he set Brandon on a roof to her right and started standing up again. “Or die of a heart attack” she added as she finished straightening.

Looking to her left, she said:

“Time to check things out a little”




Screams erupted all around her. They brought Casey back to reality. Her mind had been drifting while her body broke through Blackrock’s main building.

Closing her eyes and opening them again, the scene remained the same. If she accepted that the small buildings around her were actually those of Blackrock’s Federal Prison, then her torso was out of the roof of the main building and her legs had broken through its western façade, reaching almost all the way to the outer wall.

Her lips parted and a strong voice carried a question to every corner of the prison:

“How?”

The last thing she remembered was her having spasms and not being able to breathe. For all she knew she should be dead. And instead, she was big. Big as in the time when life had granted her a marvelous gift. Or to be fair to her observation of the surroundings, she probably was quite bigger than that.

Could it be a dream? Or even more, was it possible that she actually was dead and what remained of her consciousness was having a final hallucination before completely shutting down?

It did not look like that. But she could not find any other possible explanation. Other than she had actually grown through the prison’s building, that is. Of course she knew it was not impossible. She had been big before. And it had been the best time of her life. But she knew why she had grown, back then. She had drank the formula the fucking nerd had prepared. She did not know what she could have done in order to grow now.

The last thing she remembered was actually having spasms and feeling her throat choke, immediately after eating her breakfast. And then, everything had turned dark.

Turning in the direction of the screams she could see a couple dozen inmates in the prison’s courtyard. She realized that despite how tiny they looked she could make the details out pretty well. In any case, had her eyesight been less sharp she would still have not had any problems in identifying them, in their bright orange suit.

They were well within her reach. As a matter of fact, most of Blackrock’s prison was now within her reach.

“What the fuck!” she thought and then she stooped forward a little, reaching for the courtyard with her left hand. The building, that was still barely containing her, groaned as she moved. Her moving torso tore additional pieces of the roof. It still held, though.

The screams intensified as her humongous hand approached. She ignored them and instead plucked an inmate at random with two fingers. Lifting her up to her face, she smirked as she realized that she recognized her. Casey had been long enough at Blackrock, and the community there was not so big. 

“Teresa” she said in an excited tone, keeping the smirk in her face

She had been yelling all the way up, but the moment Casey kept her idle in front of her massive face, the dangerous looking Latin woman said:

“Let me go, you giant bitch”

A second later Casey felt her fingers touching, only a thin layer of gore between them, as two halves of what had been Teresa dropped to the ground below. She had not wanted to do that. She had only wanted to scare the woman, prevent her from talking and maybe break a couple of ribs. She had clearly misjudged her strength. 





“Fuck” she said as she brought her hand to the ground and tried to brush her fingers clean in the rubble.

The rest of the inmates in the courtyard had not missed her unwilling execution, their screams intensifying. They were not going anywhere, though. Casey realized with a grin that they were trapped. There were no guards to be seen, which could only mean that they had fled inside and locked the doors.

She almost chuckled as she brought her hand towards them once more. A couple seconds later, she was holding someone else in front of her curious eyes.

“Tammy” she said as she observed a blonde woman in her forties. Her body was covered in tattoos and she would have looked dangerous if she had not been so ridiculously tiny. Casey knew she had belonged to a motorbike gang and that she had been accused of murder. As everyone in Blackrock, she swore that she was innocent and that she had been framed, but Casey had no problems imagining her killing someone, even with her bare bands. Not that it mattered to Casey anymore, but Tammy was a huge woman that easily towered over most of the other inmates. Now, Casey did not think that she would be taller than her pinkie finger.

Casey almost broke into a laugh when she saw the fear in Tammy’s face. She had not seen an expression remotely close to this in the biker bitch before. And she loved being able to inspire it.

“Did the cat eat your tongue?” Casey asked, cheerfully

“Fuck…” Tammy started to say

“Be careful how you address me, big girl. You don’t want to end like Teresa, do you?” Casey said, although it was far from her intention to repeat what she had done.

“Please…” Tammy said in a tone she had never heard from her

“Don’t fuck with me and I may let you live” Casey said casually, loving the power her statement implied

“What do you want?” the biker said

“I just want to have a chat” Casey said, trying to feign an innocent tone. Seeing that Tammy did not say anything, she added: “Do you believe me now, when I say that I was here because of what I did when I was a hundred feet tall?”

To date, many of her fellow prisoners, especially the ones that had already been at Blackrock when she had arrived, still did not believe that Casey (or anyone else, for that matter) had become a giant and used her size to do all sorts of nasty stuff, among which there were some deaths. The lack of meaningful audiovisual material on the event made it harder to believe for those that had not been exposed to the boom of media coverage and had just only got a few headlines in prison. Many of them thought that it was some sort of government cover-up for something else and that Casey had reached some sort of deal to put the blame on her and get better off of whatever it was that she had done. And, seeing how violently she replied to aggression, no one had any doubts that she had been perfectly capable of doing a lot, including killing.

“Y… yes, yes, of course” Tammy said

“Now Tammy, here comes the part where you are useful and I don’t have to squish you” Casey said, loving the possibilities her new size opened in the realm of threatening.

Tammy was looking at her, waiting for her to say someone or to ask something. Casey realized that she should not expect a rational conversation out of someone that was dangling from her fingers. And, if a tough criminal like Tammy was reacting like this, only God knew how would a less hardened person react. She would eventually find out, of course, she thought with a smirk.

“You see, I’ve been a little… dizzy… while all this was going on. Do you mind telling me what happened?” Casey asked

“We were on… on the courtyard…” Tammy started saying. “We heard a lot of noises coming from inside the main building. Then things started to shake and soon windows broke and smoke started to go out of them. Your feet came out first, your head soon after. And then you just kept on growing. The guards left and locked us outside. And you kept on growing… until… until it stopped. You remained frozen for a while. And then you turned… and picked Teresa…”

“How long was I out?” Casey inquired

“I don’t know… twenty minutes? Half an hour? I don’t know” Tammy said between sobs

“What time is it?” Casey then asked, realizing she did not know

“About 9… 9:30”

At that precise moment, Casey started feeling some drops in her chest. Nothing harmful, but she could clearly feel them, nonetheless. She needed a couple of seconds to associate them to the banging sounds her mind had been ignoring. Adding everything up, Casey felt her blood begin to boil and looked to the front, looking for the source. She found it quick enough. They were coming from both security towers in the wall in front of her. Focusing her sight a little, it was easy for her to see the now tiny guards shooting at her with their rifles.

“You fucking pigs” she yelled, carelessly dropping Tammy to the side. The biker had been lucky that Casey’s hands had been close to the ground enough when she did that. Still, by the time she finished rolling and crashed with a piece of debris that had formerly been part of the ceiling she was considerably bruised and had several broken bones.

Now that Casey knew what was going on it was easy enough for her to associate the flash with the bang and with an immediate drop in her chest and face. In an impulse, Casey stood up and broke what was remaining of Blackrock’s main building with the gesture. She needed a second to steady herself when her feet sank on the ground more than she had been expecting, but she finally straightened as debris rained along her body.

The shooting continued, the drops now focused mostly on her thighs. She realized about something: it did not hurt. Shots had not harmed her before, but they had stung like hell. Especially those from rifles. Now, while she could feel every bullet hit her skin, none of them were even close to the threshold of pain. She associated the effect to her evidently increased size and definitely welcomed it, but she was incredibly mad at being shot nonetheless. 

Casey did not see a point in negotiating when she could just retaliate, so still feeling the drops all along her legs, she took a step forward towards one of the towers. She felt a few drops in the back, then. A quick turn of her head confirmed her that the guards in the towers of the opposite side of Blackrock were now shooting at her as well. They would pay too. But she had to start somewhere and the tower in front of her was good as any.

Not in a hurry, since she wasn’t really harmed, Casey made a point of advancing towards the tower in a slow powerful pace. It was only 5 steps away, in any case. She was satisfied when she saw that the tower did not reach much higher than her knee. She was really huge, she thought.

Bending, Casey made a fist and slammed it hard on top of the tower. It did not stand a chance. Her first easily tore through the brick and metal and finished the top section where the guards would have been. Content, she stood up and faced the next tower.





“The fucking idiots are still shooting at me!” she thought as she could feel drops all along her body. “Haven’t they realized yet that it is stupid?”

She did not even bend down for the second tower. Its height made it suitable for a good kick, and her foot did not have any more trouble than her fist to end with the structure.

The most direct path towards the two towers on the back took her through the courtyard. She was so focused on them that she was not careful at all on where she was stepping. She quickly realized that when one was her size, not being careful had consequences.

She stopped on her tracks when she noticed an unfamiliar spongy feeling under her sole just before the already familiar feeling of the ground sinking around it when her foot set to the ground. Stopping and moving her foot backwards she quickly saw two red stains deep inside her footprint and surrounded by some remainders of orange cloth.







“Fuck!” she said, not needing to be a genius to realize what had happened.

At ground level the situation had been significantly more stressful. While most of the inmates were still scared like hell and trying to get the guards to let them in, a few were observing Casey’s antics with attention and some even started cheering as she took care of the guard towers. Their former fellow prisoner, now titanic in scale, turned and started moving towards the opposite side of the prison just then. They all realized that she was heading straight through the place they were and that they were unable to get out. Screams erupted again and some even tried warning Casey, only to realize that the now giant woman had not even noticed they were there. 

At her size it felt almost impossible that she would be able to move as swiftly as she did. Her footfalls were unpredictable. Her shadow covered them as they tried to scatter as well as they could. Then, at a time and place no one had been able to guess, her right foot blocked the sun and crashed in the ground like a meteorite. Those closer to it were almost thrown as the ground shook violently and chunks of it flew in different directions. The ground gave and cracks formed all around the spot the massive foot had landed. And then, her sole kept on sinking on the ground. It almost felt as if the foot had set itself on mud, not concrete.

So close to the foot that she felt a mix of relief and panic, Darlene coughed out some of the dust that had been raised by the foot and observed it. A shiver ran down her body, her mind having a very hard time on comprehending how a human foot could be so massive. 

As long as half of the basketball court it was now standing on, its toes, even half sunk in the concrete, still stood as tall as Darlene’s waist and seemed to have a life of their own. Darlene was thinking that the precise moment when the toes flexed and the foot started lifting once more, debris raining from them as it unstuck from her sole.

She did not know how, but Darlene dared to stand up and look down. What she saw was a massive depression just where her foot had been, where a basketball court had been before, and in the middle of this depression the remainders of what she knew were two of her companions. She started yelling.

From up above, Casey’s voice thundered, somehow apologetically.

“Ooops. I didn’t mean to do that”

More than two hundred feet above, the results of her careless trek through the main court failed to register in Casey as anything other than an accident. From her new point of view, it was hard to grasp the horror that her action had caused or to feel sorry for the consequences.

Not in the mood to be distracted when she had more important matters at hand, Casey stepped back into the court and resumed her walk towards the two towers on the back. She had been shot at during the entire time, but to her it had not been any worse than if someone had let the sprinkler on.

She just kneed the third tower to the ground and turned to face her last challenger. Then she realized it: she was not being shot at anymore. She did not know how long it had been, but she could not hear any more bangs or feel any more drops in her skin. She quickly found an answer to this change: three guards in dark blue uniforms running away from the tower.

“So, you guys already realized how useless it is to shoot at me?” she asked in a scornful tone as she took a first step towards them. Of course, she was not going to let them go.

Four more steps and they were already within stomping distance. The first two quickly ended under her toes. The third saved himself miraculously when he dashed forward the moment her foot was setting down. He ended up mere inches in front of her toes, now sunk in the hard ground of Blackrock. Curious, Casey crouched and plucked the guard from the ground.

Fixing a stare on him as she held him in front of her eyes, she said:

“Did you really think that you could hurt me with that little noise-maker of yours?”

The man only screamed.

“You know, the best thing about being big is that I do not need to put up with shit from vermin like you anymore”

And then she closed her fingers together, just like she had done with Teresa, only much more determined this time. He crushed easily as she sneered. Letting what remained of him drop, Casey looked around and drew in a deep breath. Then, her laughter boomed all across Blackrock and for miles around it.

She felt exhilarated. She was truly euphoric. After dealing with the immediate threat, the situation had finally sunk in!

She had dreamed about it every day since she had been locked in this shithole. She had dreamed about it even on the first hard months, when her body was abused with the tests they could not run on Kelly or the all-popular Lisa. And somehow she felt that one day all those dreams would come true, that what had been taken away from her would be returned.

Looking around it was obvious that it had. With interest. She did not know how big she had got but she knew that she was considerably bigger than the last time. And her brief encounter with the guards had also confirmed to her that she was significantly stronger. She felt unstoppable.

“I knew this day would come sooner or later, and here it is. I’m back in my rightful place in the world: on top! And this time I’m not going to let anyone take it away from me!”

Having been used as a lab rat and the 6 years locked in prison and surrounded by the worst of society had not done anything to improve Casey’s character, of course. And the world would soon find out that the Henford monster they had heard about was an angel next to the new Casey.

All it took her to be free from the place she had been locked at for most of her early adult life was a step over the knee-high wall. Now out of the prison’s grounds she looked in the distance, trying to decide where to go. Then it struck her:

“I hate this place. Why should I leave it standing?”